• Please log in to reply
1018 replies to this topic

#521 tuarmeN

tuarmeN

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 12:23 PM

I got this info off another thread in xda forums but it's about this utility and a step by step for somebody that's on the latest GB and completely stock. Hope it helps:

1) Download Matt’s Utility 1.7.
2) Unzip it to desktop
3) Download the OTA .zip update file. DO NOT UNZIP IT
4) Make sure you turn on USB Debugging on your phone
5) Connect your phone to your computer via USB
6) Place the zipped OTA file on the EXTERNAL SD CARD of your phone. Please note that you can verify it’s in the right place by using ES File Explorer (available for free on the market). It should be located at “/mnt/sdcard-ext/”. You can also verify the md5 via ES File Explorer to make sure it matches that listed on Matt’s download page.
7) Change USB back to Charge Only
8) Turn your phone OFF
9) Hold Power, Volume UP, and Volume DOWN (all three at the same time). A menu will appear.
10) Press Volume DOWN until you get to AP Fastboot
11) Press Volume UP to enter AP Fastboot
12) Open the folder to which you extracted Matt’s 1.7 utility on your PC
13) Open the .bat file in Matt's Utility folder
14) Select Option 1. Let it do its thing. It replaces the stock recovery (along with some other stuff I don’t understand) so that you can then actually apply the update. This process actually takes a few minutes (probably something like 5-10 minutes).
15) When complete, turn your phone OFF using the on-screen (phone) instructions.
16) At this point, I powered back on, and the phone booted back into stock GB. I then setup Google account.
17) Turn phone OFF
18) Hold Power, Volume UP, and Volume DOWN (all three at the same time). A menu will appear.
19) Press Volume DOWN until you get to “Recovery”
20) Press Volume UP to enter “Recovery”
21) At this point an android will be on his side with an exclamation mark. Don’t freak out, this is supposed to happen.
22) Press Volume UP and Volume DOWN (both at the same time). This should enter recovery.
23) With the Volume DOWN button go down to "Wipe CACHE partition" and press the Power button to select it. DO THIS TWICE
24) With the Volume DOWN button go to "Apply Update from SDCard" and press the Power button to select it.
25) Press Volume DOWN until you get to “Blur_Version.6.12.181.XT912.Verizon.en.US.zi p” and select it with the Power button. (This is the one we put in the External SD in Step 6.)
26) It will take a good bit of time to update. Mine took about 15-20 minutes.
27) Once the update is complete select "Reboot system now."

DONE!
  • mattlgroff likes this

#522 wyld

wyld

Some Kind Of Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • Google+:rramos729@gmail.com
  • LocationPortage Indiana

Posted 24 June 2012 - 01:40 PM

Step #25 should say .181 not .173 if installing the .211 update.zip

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#523 tekkiegrrl

tekkiegrrl

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 01:40 PM

Thank you

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

and

mattlgroff, my ICS is up and running. No more wait for stupid OTA! Thanks!!!!

• mattlgroff likes this

#524 nimdavirus

nimdavirus

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 01:50 PM

Thank you. The video was prefect.... No issues.

#525 BodyBagz

BodyBagz

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Google+:bodtbagzemail@gmail.com

Posted 24 June 2012 - 02:11 PM

ICS is working wel on my Razr...Thanks Matt! For those having issues, I feel your pain, so heres what I did after several hours of frustration last night and today...YMMV

1) Delete all legacy Moto drivers from your PC
2) Download Matts Utility 1.7 and extract the .rar file to your desktop...inside you will see the Driver folder, open it and install the correct driver for your PC, either the 32 or 64 bit package
3) Download the new ICS file and copy it to the root of your External SD Card
4) Boot your phone into bootloader mode by pressing On-Vol+/Vol- at the same time
5) Once in bootloader mode, navigate down to AB Fastboot and select it
6) Plug in your USB cable from the phone to the PC
7) On the PC, open Matts Utility and click the Batch file
8) Choose Option 1, then Enter and follow all prompts and wait for it to work...this can take several minutes
9) When completed, power off your phone and reboot back into bootloader mode and choose Recovery
10) In Recovery, go ahead and Factory Data Reset, Wipe Cache
11) After wiping, select Install from SD Card...navigate to the updated file you copied over previously...wait until prompted to do anything else
12) Reboot once install is complete...this frst reboot took me about 4 minutes or so..and after all is said and done, it is worth the wait...

#526 Nitewolf

Nitewolf

Member of the BEST android community

• Superuser
  • 643 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 02:54 PM

OK I can't wait for ICS any longer, going to give the 1.7 Utility a shot. I've reviewed Matt's instructions and help thread. A couple of points are not clear: 1 - the utility itself should be ran on your desktop? 2 - should CWM or safestrap or bootstrap already be installed? 3 - does step 1 of the utility install the zip or should I install that from recovery? 4 - do we need to run all of the steps listed? I'm on rooted GB 2.3.6. I already have Voodoo OTA root keeper installed with root temporarily disabled, and I previously uninstalled safestrap and removed recovery. So, in this scenario, which steps do I need to complete and in what order? Thanks in advance. Can't wait to get my tasty ICS!

1- Extract it to the desktop..ALL of it into a new folder and run from desktop....2- It doesnt matter.... 3- Install the zip on your external sd card, do NOT extract it...... 4-

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

• mattlgroff likes this
Posted Image

#527 c0ncbn3

c0ncbn3

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 03:22 PM

THANK YOU ICS GAWD!!

#528 anthony2558

anthony2558

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 04:05 PM

[*] Simple Razr Restore
[*] Windows Version
[*] Created by mattlgroff
[*]
[*] Before continuing, ensure your Razr is in the
[*] "AP Fastboot" mode and connected via USB.
[*]--- Also press the keys after the screen flashes back on when asked---
[*] IF YOUR PHONE SAYS STATUS 1 UNLOCKED EXIT NOW AND EMAIL ME
[*] YOU HAVE AN UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER! ! ! ! !
[*] mattlgroff@gmail.com
[*]
[*] Make sure 6.16.211 upgrade is on your SD card, install it
[*] through Motorola Recovery once this finishes. If it errors
[*] you chose the wrong option!
Press any key to continue . . .
sending 'mbm' (512 KB)... OKAY [ 0.057s]
writing 'mbm'... OKAY [ 0.518s]
rebooting into bootloader... OKAY [ 0.271s]
Press any key AFTER the screen comes back on
sending 'mbmloader' (42 KB)... OKAY [ 0.011s]
writing 'mbmloader'... OKAY [ 0.298s]
sending 'mbm' (512 KB)... OKAY [ 0.325s]
writing 'mbm'... OKAY [ 0.525s]
rebooting into bootloader... OKAY [ 0.277s]
Press any key AFTER the screen comes back on
sending 'cdt.bin' (16 KB)... OKAY [ 0.008s]
writing 'cdt.bin'... OKAY [ 1.093s]
sending 'devtree' (512 KB)... OKAY [ 0.323s]
writing 'devtree'... OKAY [ 0.520s]
error: cannot load 'files\system.img'

sending 'boot' (8192 KB)... OKAY [ 0.951s]
writing 'boot'... OKAY [ 0.870s]
error: cannot load 'files\recoveryICS.img'

sending 'ebr' (16 KB)... OKAY [ 0.247s]
writing 'ebr'... OKAY [ 0.517s]
sending 'mbr' (16 KB)... OKAY [ 0.278s]
writing 'mbr'... OKAY [ 0.727s]
error: cannot load 'files\preinstall.img'

error: cannot load 'files\radio.img'

erasing 'userdata'... OKAY [ 1.275s]
erasing 'cache'... OKAY [ 0.115s]
rebooting into bootloader... OKAY [ 0.007s]
You may now reboot into recovery and install 6.16.211.
Wiping data beforehand is suggested.

Please make a selection or hit ENTER to return:

This is what I get with option 1.

I go then to wipe cache and all that good stuff, install zip from sd card and bam aborted??? Any thoughts?

#529 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 04:40 PM

This is what I get with option 1. I go then to wipe cache and all that good stuff, install zip from sd card and bam aborted??? Any thoughts?

Cannot load them...interesting. Please come into chat I want to check out your problem further.

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#530 stealthpope

stealthpope

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 04:40 PM

Hey Matt,

First thing, thanks for the hard work and giving us these tools to get ICS on our phones. I came across something running in on the phone that I haven't been able to find any information on. After I installed ICS .211, I got busy removing bloat and unwanted applications. I cam across an application called, Kaixin001 Authenticator running under ALL PROGRAMS. From what little I was able to find on line, it appears to be the Chinese version of something like Facebook. My question is, is this part of the basic American image? It seems odd to have this installed on an image for a phone that runs in the US. Just curious if you or anyone else has seen this.

#531 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 04:46 PM

Hey Matt,

First thing, thanks for the hard work and giving us these tools to get ICS on our phones. I came across something running in on the phone that I haven't been able to find any information on. After I installed ICS .211, I got busy removing bloat and unwanted applications. I cam across an application called, Kaixin001 Authenticator running under ALL PROGRAMS. From what little I was able to find on line, it appears to be the Chinese version of something like Facebook. My question is, is this part of the basic American image? It seems odd to have this installed on an image for a phone that runs in the US. Just curious if you or anyone else has seen this.

I have not seen this apk in the /system/apps/ section of the stock image. I had not seen or heard of his before. That's interesting...

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#532 stealthpope

stealthpope

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 04:48 PM

I have not seen this apk in the /system/apps/ section of the stock image. I had not seen or heard of his before. That's interesting...

You can see it when you click down into MANAGE APPS in the settings. Just curious.

#533 polo71

polo71

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 04:55 PM

OK, I have tried to read through the posts to find how to resolve this issue and nothing has worked yet.

E: Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip (status 0)
Installation aborted.

Please HELP!! :(

#534 watt9493

watt9493

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 04:59 PM

So the .211 i just downloaded is exactly the same thing as the ota?

#535 blankemail

blankemail

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Twitter:blankemail

Posted 24 June 2012 - 05:33 PM

im surprised with all these super long instructions and ways to install .211, if you are on .181 and rooted.. can't you just use ES to copy to /cache and open with rom manager?

#536 polo71

polo71

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 05:41 PM

Will Verizon be able to unbrick my Razr Maxx or are they going to say "sorry Charlie"?

#537 bipmip

bipmip

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationSouth Dakota

Posted 24 June 2012 - 05:55 PM

Do I have to be rooted in order to apply this update

#538 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 June 2012 - 05:57 PM

I have to step in here to say a few things. SO PLEASE READ MY POST.

This thread is growing so fast and its like a never ending. same question! I No thus is all exciting but PLEASE read threw all the posts to see if your questions,have been answered. I can guarantee 99% of them have been answered.

For the ppl that are asking for a detailed, step by step. There is about 10 in this thread + other thread's. please read and search a little bit beforehand. The reason I ask this of you, is it takes away from the actual help, that is being given in thus thread and others.

Thank you and good luck. Trust me your not bricked! You can recover from it. Relax and take a breath......... are you still with me?.......... good now go over the steps again :-)
  • mixerpilot and Schnider like this

#539 wyld

wyld

Some Kind Of Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • Google+:rramos729@gmail.com
  • LocationPortage Indiana

Posted 24 June 2012 - 05:57 PM

So the .211 i just downloaded is exactly the same thing as the ota?

yes

im surprised with all these super long instructions and ways to install .211, if you are on .181 and rooted.. can't you just use ES to copy to /cache and open with rom manager?

yes

Will Verizon be able to unbrick my Razr Maxx or are they going to say "sorry Charlie"?

no

#540 blankemail

blankemail

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Twitter:blankemail

Posted 24 June 2012 - 06:20 PM

yes

yes

no

would one need a .crc file for .211 using the cache method?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users