1018 replies to this topic

#541 mdavila84

mdavila84

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 06:28 PM

So dnt want to b asking the same question but how do i do this on the stock. 181

#542 thelance

thelance

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 06:35 PM

You rock, thanks! Followed the steps and updated both my wife's and my Razr Maxx's from Eclipse to rooted stock no problems. A couple of hiccups that people might have mentioned already:

1. I put the DroidRazrUtility in the root C:\ to get it to work. Couldn't get it to work otherwise.
2. I worried about what I should do with safestrap and didn't read far enough in to see that it didn't matter. The second phone was much easier once I realized this.

I came from an Evo 4G on Sprint and wish it were as easy to root and switch out ROMs as it was with that phone. That being said, it is great to have Devs like you that will suffer through the roadblocks put up by Motorola for an otherwise outstanding phone. Thanks again!

#543 mytschaef

mytschaef

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Locationdelaware

Posted 24 June 2012 - 06:43 PM

wow, thank you sir, preparations are being made right now, ill post my results, your like a mad scientist dude, i love it
  • mytschaef likes this

#544 GlassEyedPete

GlassEyedPete

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 06:47 PM

I did this now on two phones in the exact same way. One was fairly smooth, and one took several attempts. I really have no explanation why, but try the install from recovery a few times if it gives you an error.

#545 mdavila84

mdavila84

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 07:41 PM

how do i find my external drive? lol sorry

#546 bipmip

bipmip

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationSouth Dakota

Posted 24 June 2012 - 08:01 PM

It totally worked! Thank you Matt!.I want rooted when i did it.

#547 Nitewolf

Nitewolf

Member of the BEST android community

• Superuser
  • 643 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 08:08 PM

I couldn't believe how easy this was. I even got all my apps back and automatically updated! Matt you'll be getting a case of beer soon! :D
Posted Image

#548 Morandir835

Morandir835

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 08:11 PM

Just wanted to say thank you Matt sir. :)

#549 atcjeff

atcjeff

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr XT912

Posted 24 June 2012 - 08:33 PM

Forgive me if this has been stated before. I followed the OP to the letter and got errors when sideloading the update. I was coming from the .79 leak when i started. It seems the vast majority of poeple were able to do this with no issues but as we know each phone can be different and give us fits. If you get the errors when trying to load the update and it fails, go back to fastboot mode on your phone and run option 2 from Matt's utility then continue with the process of going into stock recovery and loading the update. That did the trick for me and a few others as well in the chat rooms on Saturday. After running option 2, the update was sucsessful.
This is my first full day on the official OTA and I must say my battery life appears better then when I was on the .75 or .79 leak. On the other leaks, even with little use, I had the charge the phone by early evening. Today it lasted all day, 17+ hours and still at 40%. I hope this continues. Today was light usage, I hope this continues with heavier usage during the weak.
Remember, crowded elevators smell different to midgets.

#550 mdavila84

mdavila84

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 09:03 PM

I cant get past error 7 sideload something can anyone help. i can seem to find anything

#551 ryder0714

ryder0714

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/Rydr_White
  • LocationSun City, CA
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr xt912 (ICS)

Posted 24 June 2012 - 09:25 PM

I am stuck on error 7 as well. Can't figure out what the heck is going on...

#552 ryder0714

ryder0714

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/Rydr_White
  • LocationSun City, CA
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr xt912 (ICS)

Posted 24 June 2012 - 10:24 PM

I am stuck on error 7 as well. Can't figure out what the heck is going on...

I take back this statement. For anyone having issues in this thread, please click on the following link:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

• mattlgroff likes this

#553 TheG0VERNAT0R

TheG0VERNAT0R

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationTennessee
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr XT912, Google Nexus 4

Posted 25 June 2012 - 02:37 AM

I have tried SEVERAL different methods tonight to get ICS on my RAZR. SEVERAL programs. And I'm a noob when it comes to the RAZR... But for anyone reading this... just follow the directions above and YOU WILL HAVE ICS!!! I just got it. Thanks Mattlgroff.

#554 nabeel

nabeel

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 03:16 AM

Will this build work for non-Verizon devices too? I have an O2 razr running 651.167.25.XT910.O2.en.EU
Thanks

#555 Nitewolf

Nitewolf

Member of the BEST android community

• Superuser
  • 643 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 05:03 AM

2+ cases of beer sent :D . Matt you da man dude! I encourage anyone who can do it to donate something. Your work deserves more than just a pat on the back!
Posted Image

#556 beeryooper

beeryooper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 25 June 2012 - 05:32 AM

Will this build work for non-Verizon devices too? I have an O2 razr running 651.167.25.XT910.O2.en.EU
Thanks

Droid Razr Mod's [CDMA/Verizon] - Do you see non-Verizon or EU in that topic header?

#557 beeryooper

beeryooper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 25 June 2012 - 05:33 AM

I take back this statement. For anyone having issues in this thread, please click on the following link:

Wow...who would have thought reading one of the many help threads would have....helped...
  • johnnyfrost likes this

#558 beeryooper

beeryooper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 25 June 2012 - 05:38 AM

So dnt want to b asking the same question but how do i do this on the stock. 181

Did you miss the thread on upgrading from GB ?

#559 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 June 2012 - 06:49 AM

Wow...who would have thought reading one of the many help threads would have....helped...

You need to stop commenting if you're not going to be helpful or contribute. I've said it before and I'll say it again. If you are not contributing, or helping someone, then don't even bother commenting. You're cluttering up the threads with non-sense and flamming people. It stops now.
  • Aixelsyd, mixerpilot, ChemDawG and 1 other like this

#560 mrhacks

mrhacks

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationFlorida Keys

Posted 25 June 2012 - 07:09 AM

How to get back to STOCK 211?

I recently used Matt's utility1.7 to update from 181 to 211. Since then I have deleted some apps and was wondering how can I get back to STOCK 211(for future OTA updates). Do I use Matt's 1.7 utility, If so which option?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users