1018 replies to this topic

#561 johnnyfrost

johnnyfrost

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 25 June 2012 - 07:09 AM

So dnt want to b asking the same question but how do i do this on the stock. 181

theres a good guide on how to update here:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#562 johnnyfrost

johnnyfrost

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 25 June 2012 - 07:11 AM

How to get back to STOCK 211?

I recently used Matt's utility1.7 to update from 181 to 211. Since then I have deleted some apps and was wondering how can I get back to STOCK 211(for future OTA updates). Do I use Matt's 1.7 utility, If so which option?

if you deleted apps i'm guessing you could just do a factory reset...otherwise i think repeating the process would do it, but i'm not sure.

#563 silentbob13

silentbob13

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 07:46 AM

I have clicked on the link and downloaded the update 3 times now. The utility downloaded, extracted, and works as it should as far as i can tell. The acutal update file however lets me see everything that downloaded but will not make it one .zip file. for me to put on my SD Card. It only downloads the folder with everything in it. If i click on the zipped folder for the update and extract it only gives me another folder exactly the same, without the zipper on it. I have tried winzip and winrar. Nothing works. Can anyone help me or give me a direct download to the file not a zipped folder as my computer doesn't seem to want to help me out.

#564 G8orDroid

G8orDroid

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • Twitter:G8orDroid

Posted 25 June 2012 - 07:53 AM

I have clicked on the link and downloaded the update 3 times now. The utility downloaded, extracted, and works as it should as far as i can tell. The acutal update file however lets me see everything that downloaded but will not make it one .zip file. for me to put on my SD Card. It only downloads the folder with everything in it. If i click on the zipped folder for the update and extract it only gives me another folder exactly the same, without the zipper on it. I have tried winzip and winrar. Nothing works. Can anyone help me or give me a direct download to the file not a zipped folder as my computer doesn't seem to want to help me out.

You, no doubt, do not have file extensions visible in Windows.

The file is a .zip file. You do not extract the "actual update" just copy it as is to your sdcard.

#565 johnnyfrost

johnnyfrost

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 25 June 2012 - 07:59 AM

From the OP. It doesn't say unzip the file, just put the entire zip file on your card. Please please please, put the 6.16.211 update zip on your external SD card before doing ANYTHING!

#566 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 June 2012 - 08:02 AM

oh wow. sorry that posting links to existing threads isn't considering helping. its cool if you guys want to spend all your time retyping and regurgitating information. and cluttering threads? you mean these pages and pages of the same repeated questions isn't cluttering the threads?
I'm sorry but I just get tired of people not having common sense....its getting out of hand. I mean really...someone posting "oh i found help at this thread"...really? good job you found a stickied thread titled "detailed guide to installing ics". if you are getting after me for "cluttering" the threads you should be telling all these other people the same thing. if i was a moderator at this site i'd be pulling my hair out with this lack of common sense and nobody reading anything.

if my responses seem to be flamming people that's not the intent. is there some sarcasm in my responses? yes. but i'm not name calling or calling people out. i'm just stating the obvious. but i agree with you...obviously people are getting on my nerves so i'll take a break from this site for awhile and let you guys deal with it. if someone has had a legit question i've tried to help. but this repeated question after repeated question is the only thing cluttering up the threads.

That's why your not a moderator. No disrespect but we, as in "Team Members" help out ppl. Yes it gets a little overwhelming at times, but patience is a virtue. so let's stop arguing and lets agree to disagree.
  • joshuahist and mixerpilot like this

#567 SpyderMan

SpyderMan

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 25 June 2012 - 08:09 AM

@blankemail,

I did the/cache method last nite, didn't have or use a crc file and it worked fine the first time

About 15 to 20 mins &you're good to go.

SpyderMan

Posted Image

Sig Created by Thach

#568 Picaso86

Picaso86

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Twitter:DonAndres861
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 25 June 2012 - 08:15 AM

Ok - here is the deal....

If I do this "force" update .211, can I still be on a future update path from Verizon??

#569 iDroidGuy

iDroidGuy

:D Taco!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • Twitter:iDroidGuy
  • Google+:Stephen Wilmot-Doxey
  • LocationHopewell, VA

Posted 25 June 2012 - 08:16 AM

It is the update. The seconds you flash it you are on path!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
If you'd like to buy me a Mountain Dew just PM me for my PayPal info. Thanks :)

working to provide the best assistance to you and the entire droid razr community improve!

#570 Picaso86

Picaso86

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Twitter:DonAndres861
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 25 June 2012 - 08:36 AM

It is the update. The seconds you flash it you are on path!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Thanks dude! - I guess I will be flashing!

#571 Nitewolf

Nitewolf

Member of the BEST android community

• Superuser
  • 643 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 08:37 AM

How to get back to STOCK 211?

I recently used Matt's utility1.7 to update from 181 to 211. Since then I have deleted some apps and was wondering how can I get back to STOCK 211(for future OTA updates). Do I use Matt's 1.7 utility, If so which option?

My friend, I would highly recommend that once you are back to full stock, root your device get OTA rootkeeper and safestrap (all found on the utility). Then go get yourself a debloated ROM to use AFTER you backup the stock with safestrap. If a future update comes out it'll be much easier for you to flash back and get it. But then I'm pretty sure if any updates happen you will find it here on the forum with full instructions on how to aquire it. ;)
Posted Image

#572 silentbob13

silentbob13

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 09:22 AM

From the OP. It doesn't say unzip the file, just put the entire zip file on your card. Please please please, put the 6.16.211 update zip on your external SD card before doing ANYTHING!

I cannot get the entire zip file. I get a zip folder. When i open said folder there are a bunch of files in it that are supposed to make up the zip file. For some reason my computer will not make it into the file it is supposed to be. Does anyone know how to remedy this? The utility works just fine and is ready to go but i do not have the update file to make it work. Is there a link just for that file rather than a folder?

#573 Cal8192

Cal8192

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 25 June 2012 - 09:29 AM

Perfect!

Matt, you're damn good at what you do. Followed the instructions step by step in OP and watched the video on /help just to be safe! Worked like a champ. From .181 root, debloated to .211 root with exactly ZERO complications! Pleasant way to spend the first morning of my vacation. Thanks!

#574 Brutalsnowman

Brutalsnowman

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 09:37 AM

Going from stock GB using this utility I have to factory reset from the recovery 4 times before running the update from SD. After running option 1 of the utility.

before I cleared the data by factory reset I was getting errors and the update would not install from the SD \temp yada yada status 0 status 1 status 7) saw them all depending on the number of resets I did.

Let me just say ICS is awesome! well worth it.

#575 Nitewolf

Nitewolf

Member of the BEST android community

• Superuser
  • 643 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 09:37 AM

I cannot get the entire zip file. I get a zip folder. When i open said folder there are a bunch of files in it that are supposed to make up the zip file. For some reason my computer will not make it into the file it is supposed to be. Does anyone know how to remedy this? The utility works just fine and is ready to go but i do not have the update file to make it work. Is there a link just for that file rather than a folder?

Maybe this will help

• Schnider likes this
Posted Image

#576 Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd

Freak on a Leash

• Administrator
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWindy City
  • Current Device(s):x13 Dev Ed & x14 Pure Ed & Droid Turbo

Posted 25 June 2012 - 09:38 AM

What browser are you using? you have to have something set to Open the file you are downloading instead of having it Save the file. That said why not make life simple and just copy the download link then text or email it to yourself and just download the file on your device. I never download update files to my comp to transfer to the device. just send the link and let the phone download it. Saves me the hassle of having to move stuff around

#577 Schnider

Schnider

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Twitter:Schnider89

Posted 25 June 2012 - 09:39 AM

Do you have a program like win zip on your computer or something like it?? Thats very weird to download a zip and have it download as a folder...well maybe not that weird but I haven't had that issue before.
Droid Razr in MAXX

#578 G8orDroid

G8orDroid

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 10:04 AM

Just for sh!ts & giggles, copy the whole "zip folder" to your sdcard and see what it looks like in an android file browser. :blink:

#579 silentbob13

silentbob13

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 10:23 AM

Just for sh!ts & giggles, copy the whole "zip folder" to your sdcard and see what it looks like in an android file browser. :blink:

Tried that already, because the computer downloaded it like that, the android file browser (astro) sees it the same way. I am trying to DL it through my phone's browser to see if that helps right now. I have never had a problem like this. Every other update i have downloaded and flashed before the OTA update either with my computer or with the android browser. When you clicked for that update did you only download the update file? It did not download as a folder for you?

#580 G8orDroid

G8orDroid

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 10:30 AM

If you tap on the "folder" in Astro, does it jump straight into the folder structure or does it ask you to extract it?
What is the name of the "folder" in Astro?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users