• Please log in to reply
1018 replies to this topic

#701 topdog031382

topdog031382

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 05:21 PM

HOLY CRAP I JUST INSTALLED ICE CREAM SANDWICH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

congrats hopefully my info was helpful

#702 Frostyninja

Frostyninja

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 05:48 PM

Lovin this, first try. Big ups to Matt

#703 Nitewolf

Nitewolf

Member of the BEST android community

• Superuser
  • 643 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 05:52 PM

Lovin this, first try. Big ups to Matt

Matt has been working very hard to make this as painless as possible. You can't go wrong following his directions. He's a good man.
Posted Image

#704 Hero_Indeed

Hero_Indeed

Android Rescue Squad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 27 June 2012 - 06:01 PM

Now all he needs in his utility is an option to transform our razrs into the razr HD, man that would be neat!!
Waddya say Matt version 1.blow your mind.
Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent ICS Blue Tapatalk 2
Posted Image

#705 shaydee9784

shaydee9784

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 06:49 PM

I am on .211 (rooted) Thanks btw...but is there any way I can put a new rom on? I know there may only be one or two ready for .211 but HOW?? lol
Thanks in advance

#706 clintopinto

clintopinto

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 06:55 PM

So I am at a semi bricked state without a working windows computer to handle this install. Where can I find the old OTA or the New OTA file i could use without using the Razr Utility? A file that could be used in recovery.

#707 HartDroid

HartDroid

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 09:30 PM

worked great. Thanks Matt G for the great utility and everyone for the support. Anyone know if the mobile hotspot hack works with this ICS?

#708 foxkat

foxkat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts
  • Google+:phil.katulka@gmail.com
  • Current Device(s):Droid MAXX, Acer Iconia Tab 10.1, HTC EVO 3D, Droid 2 Global, OG Droid

Posted 27 June 2012 - 09:35 PM

Hey folks, is there anyone who can give me just a little bit of help. I'm trying to root ICS 4.04 on the RAZR. I've tried to run the Droid RAZR Utility 1.7 but each time I run the bat file, it says press any key to continue. Immediately upon pressing a key, the command window shuts down.
Posted Image

#709 Johnny5droids

Johnny5droids

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 08:00 AM

Hello, I have a question, when I manually install ICS will it wipe the data on phone and sd card or not? The thread is too long to look for answer myself and the search query didnt give me any results so I posted.

#710 infg37

infg37

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 08:05 AM

yes it will wipe your phone, but not your SD Card after all the download is coming from your SD Card

#711 dlfjr1

dlfjr1

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 08:28 AM

I have a quick question. Is 211 going to be the official update. I just read that soak testers were having battery issues, but this was fixed and that the official would be pushed this weekend. Is there a chance that the official will be a different version? If so will it push to us if we have 211?

Here is the link:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#712 Nitewolf

Nitewolf

• Superuser
  • 643 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 08:36 AM

I am on .211 (rooted) Thanks btw...but is there any way I can put a new rom on? I know there may only be one or two ready for .211 but HOW?? lol
Thanks in advance

Use safestrap. Get it from the utility.. Boot into SS and toggle to safe mode.Wipe data/factory reset > wipe cache > wipe dalvik > Go to mounts and storage and format system then install the zip file you put on your External SD. Reboot and rejoice.

EDIT: make sure you got a full battery.
Posted Image

#713 Picaso86

Picaso86

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Twitter:DonAndres861
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 28 June 2012 - 08:39 AM

Hey folks, is there anyone who can give me just a little bit of help. I'm trying to root ICS 4.04 on the RAZR. I've tried to run the Droid RAZR Utility 1.7 but each time I run the bat file, it says press any key to continue. Immediately upon pressing a key, the command window shuts down.

You should extract Matt's utility (entire files) to your desktop and run it from there. I had the same issue since I was running it from my C:drive.

#714 HouseMD

HouseMD

Vicodin Addict

• Superuser
  • 294 posts
  • Twitter:DSLRVideoGuy
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 28 June 2012 - 08:41 AM

Another question before ill pull the trigger on this. I dont ever wanna go back to .181 so am i correct that wipe data factory reset will do this for me. I have no plans for a nandroid backup. So if that isnt clear my goal is to have only .211 on my phone thats it dont care about ever fastbooting back. forgive me if this is posted somewhere else, havent flashed anything since my OG Droid. Sick of waiting on big red or moto, who ever is responsible for this agonizing wait.

when you have Matt's Utility 1.7, and you go in to install the zip file from your SD Card, wipe data and then install. Then you'll be on 211

Posted Image

If you feel the need to buy me a beer, or help pay my bills, here's the link:http://bit.ly/O4ZnLW

#715 Johnny5droids

Johnny5droids

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 08:50 AM

yes it will wipe your phone, but not your SD Card after all the download is coming from your SD Card

Hey thanks for the fast respnse, but if I decide to wait for the official update, will that also wipe my phone? I just dont want to loose my txt and some appz data, is there a way to back those up?

#716 Picaso86

Picaso86

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Twitter:DonAndres861
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 28 June 2012 - 08:51 AM

Can anyone instruct me how to do this on a Mac or is that impossible, a quick response would be appreciated. Thank you.

Yes, here are the instructions:
1. install VirtualBox and find yourself a copy of Windows 7
2. install windows 7
3. run W7 on your Mac
4. Follow the instructions in how to update to .211 (when you plug your phone it will give you the option to choose between Mac or Windows .. so pick Windows)
5. blah blah blah
6. enjoy ICS on your Razr.

side note: I did this so I know. :)

#717 Nitewolf

Nitewolf

• Superuser
  • 643 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 08:54 AM

Hey thanks for the fast respnse, but if I decide to wait for the official update, will that also wipe my phone? I just dont want to loose my txt and some appz data, is there a way to back those up?

The OTA won't wipe data.
Posted Image

#718 infg37

infg37

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 08:55 AM

well i heard the official update can take up to 3-4 weeks...if u want to wait....I DID NOT....i don't know what the official will wipe or not....but there is a way to save your texts and data i think but im not sure.

#719 infg37

infg37

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 08:57 AM

The OTA won't wipe data.

their is ur answer lol...just so u know motorola's forum say that they are still in the testing phase...so take that for what its worth

#720 Nitewolf

Nitewolf

• Superuser
  • 643 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 09:03 AM

I just dont want to loose my txt and some appz data, is there a way to back those up?

ROM Manager
Titanium Backup
MyBackup

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users