W0017roid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Twitter:17akota
  • Google+:17akota
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Pennsylvania

Posted 28 June 2012 - 09:07 AM

worked great. Thanks Matt G for the great utility and everyone for the support. Anyone know if the mobile hotspot hack works with this ICS?

Yes it does.
I used the SQLite hack. :)

#722 cr4k2k8

cr4k2k8

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 11:07 AM

Yes it does.
I used the SQLite hack. :)

Is there any reason why I would want to use the hotspot hack over the android-wifi-tether apk found here:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

?
DROID Razr Maxx - ICS 6.14.79

#723 infg37

infg37

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 11:21 AM

do you guys no that you get free hotspot with verizon under there new share everything plan??

#724 stepdg

stepdg

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 12:36 PM

Superb set of tools! Completely set the stage for a successful 4.0.4 install. You also saved my bacon when I accidentally threw on a GSM ROM before. Idiotic, I know.

THANKS!!

#725 cr4k2k8

cr4k2k8

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 01:13 PM

do you guys no that you get free hotspot with verizon under there new share everything plan??

The share everything plan has a set data cap. This also does not apply to the many users who still have an unlimited plan (where using the hotspot feature is subject to an increase of $30/month if you're caught).
DROID Razr Maxx - ICS 6.14.79

#726 Johnny5droids

Johnny5droids

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 03:30 PM

ROM Manager
Titanium Backup
MyBackup

Thank you.
Last question: From your personal experience, if any, how was recovery? did you have hard time or pretty straightforward?

t

#727 Nitewolf

Nitewolf

Member of the BEST android community

• Superuser
  • 643 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 04:28 PM

Thank you.
Last question: From your personal experience, if any, how was recovery? did you have hard time or pretty straightforward?

t

If you mean updating to ICS from GB it went smooth as silk. If you follow the directions and vid TO THE LETTER it will all go well.

EDIT: nvm. As far as recovery goes I've never had a glitch or prob to have to use a recovery program. I read and re read then read again before making a step lol
Posted Image

#728 svenb352

svenb352

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 04:48 PM

Question - in following the video I get to the fastboot mode on my phone. Problem is it says "Connect USB Data Cable". It acts like it isn't connecting. Is there a driver I need to make it work? If so, where is it :)? Sorry for the noob question. Thanks.

#729 topdog031382

topdog031382

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 05:00 PM

Question - in following the video I get to the fastboot mode on my phone. Problem is it says "Connect USB Data Cable". It acts like it isn't connecting. Is there a driver I need to make it work? If so, where is it :)? Sorry for the noob question. Thanks.

yes the drivers come with the utility, you just have to install them and if you did that already then try a different usb port

#730 Johnny5droids

Johnny5droids

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 08:41 PM

I am installing it right now and Utility closes when Ipress enter at the Batman..

I changed the variable path but it still closes...

my variable path: C:\Program Files;C:\Winnt;C:\Winnt\System32;C:\Windows\System32

Is that correct?

#731 Nitewolf

Nitewolf

• Superuser
  • 643 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 02:54 AM

I am installing it right now and Utility closes when Ipress enter at the Batman..

I changed the variable path but it still closes...

my variable path: C:\Program Files;C:\Winnt;C:\Winnt\System32;C:\Windows\System32

Is that correct?

Unzip the entire folder to the desktop. Try that cause some people are reporting errors when run from other areas.
Posted Image

#732 WolfGTI

WolfGTI

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 04:30 AM

I was running the leaked ICS. I loaded the.211 onto the SD card, then ran the Utility, selected option2 - because I was on ICS - followed the screen prompts.
Once it got to the point where I needed to boot into recovery - I selected recovery - the phone then showed a little android guy with a spinning thing in his stomach area.
Now it will not boot - I get the Motorola Dual cor screen and the phone goes black.. any suggestions?

Chat rocks- thanks for the help!!!

#733 Nitewolf

Nitewolf

• Superuser
  • 643 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 04:40 AM

I was running the leaked ICS. I loaded the.211 onto the SD card, then ran the Utility, selected option2 - because I was on ICS - followed the screen prompts.
Once it got to the point where I needed to boot into recovery - I selected recovery - the phone then showed a little android guy with a spinning thing in his stomach area.
Now it will not boot - I get the Motorola Dual cor screen and the phone goes black.. any suggestions?

Posted Image

#734 moejoe88

moejoe88

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 06:23 AM

Matt,I had problems with the 1.6 utility. But the 1.7 worked slick as snot.!!!!!! You are the Man. Will be sending some love your way. Thanks.
p.s....when does 1.8 for jelly bean come out? ;)

#735 Luis40pr

Luis40pr

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 06:28 AM

If I do this, will my contacts be deleted?

#736 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 29 June 2012 - 06:35 AM

Your contacts should always be backed up in your gmail and will restore from there. Verify they are all in your gmail on a PC and you should be good.

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#737 Nitewolf

Nitewolf

• Superuser
  • 643 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 07:12 AM

You can always export them to your sd card too just in case. Then import the cvs file back to your contacts.
Posted Image

#738 Luis40pr

Luis40pr

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 07:53 AM

Thanks guys!!!

#739 lipak

lipak

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 09:07 AM

Hi , I am in ICS now , it was pretty smooth ... thanks. Just have one query , Need to goto BP Tool (Vol Up+Down+Power , choose BP Tool) i.e. diagnostic mode but it never goes there ... It shows Moto logo for few seconds and then perform normal booting to the system. Tried multiple times but no luck ...
  • gavete likes this

#740 ajmadic

ajmadic

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 12:57 PM

Followed this

to the T on my Maxx, and still get error when trying to update. Flashed back to 181 and this time staying until I get the official ICS update.

This is some BS.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users