• Please log in to reply
1018 replies to this topic

#941 lthelwpn

lthelwpn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 06:08 PM

LOL, i figured it out. once i do all this, will i be on the totally stock, so if i need to turn phone in for return or insurance claim?

Yep.

Sent from my Droid Razr using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

#942 johnbrain

johnbrain

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 10:29 PM

option 3 would freeze at "waiting for device" all the time so over time it fustrated me and i started trying every option...dumb thing on my part i know haha

matt suggested i hard reset then root. worked perfect. no more waiting for device

#943 Aerigon

Aerigon

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 09:33 AM

How do you remove root once you install this version of 4.0.4?

#944 aotechs

aotechs

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 09:54 AM

To all that have been bricked... I was able to unbrick my XT912 after using RazrUtility v1.7; the SBF for ICS has been released at

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

You will lose all data on the internal sd card, but it is a better option than the alternative. Flash the file using RSD 5.7.
  • ibolski likes this

#945 alexmyers83

alexmyers83

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Twitter:alexmyers83

Posted 12 July 2012 - 10:48 AM

Thank you for the link for the SBF. if all you wanna do is get to ICS---this one might be an even simpler route, safe to say? Just install RSD lite, then run the SBF and get ICS? Just make sure to back up photos, SMS, call logs, whatever you want to your PC first...

Thanks for the link again!!! Can't get more official than that... :lol:

#946 OlDirtyGrizzly

OlDirtyGrizzly

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationNewburgh, NY

Posted 12 July 2012 - 11:01 AM

beautiful

#947 ddoutel

ddoutel

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 03:03 PM

Many, many thanks, Matt; you saved my bacon with this sweet suite!

Best!
DDoutel

#948 X_Marine

X_Marine

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 10:22 AM

Hey all, been lurking for quite some time and following Matt's Utility which seems like such an all inclusive solution to rooting our Razrs.

It may be more apparent to others but I had a bit of trouble finding the latest SBF file when following the above link. I finally returned to the first page to find those files with dates and just wanted to be sure I have the correct file should I ever need it.

I downloaded, " 12/07/2012-Droid RAZR-VZR XT912 6.7.2-180 DHD-16 M4-31 1FF.xml.zip " Seems pretty straight forward after finding it but thought it may possibly help other noobies like myself and save some grief.

Also wanted to say that although I haven't yet used the Utility I have the utmost praise for Matt and his mentoring methods. It has been almost like following a good online adventure, him being the hero time after time. Having been in the computer biz for many years I know it has to be a work of passion to apply this much time and finesse to an application and it's support.

Many Kudos Matt and several cases of your fav bev coming your way..
Many thanks
X/BillyD..

#949 missp3678

missp3678

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 11:42 AM

Hello everyone! I need a little help, I've been trying to get this ICS update to push through on my Droid Razr for a week and I've had no luck. I have read all the post and clearly understand what I need and thats Matt Utility 1.7, however everytime I click on the link, its not pulling up. So can anyone please provide me a working link to Matts Utiliity it'll be greatly appreciated. Thanks

#950 Nitewolf

Nitewolf

Member of the BEST android community

• Superuser
  • 643 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 11:49 AM

Hello everyone! I need a little help, I've been trying to get this ICS update to push through on my Droid Razr for a week and I've had no luck. I have read all the post and clearly understand what I need and thats Matt Utility 1.7, however everytime I click on the link, its not pulling up. So can anyone please provide me a working link to Matts Utiliity it'll be greatly appreciated. Thanks

That's strange. All links are working on my end. did the 6.16.211 update zip work for you?
Posted Image

#951 jmlenz

jmlenz

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 11:24 PM

I love using your utilities to mess with my phone thanks for them!!. I am having a bit of trouble though. I downloaded the update file and placed it on my SD card. Using your utility I followed the directions and this is what I get:

--Install / sdcard
finding update package...
Opening update package...
Verifying update package...
Installing update...
assert failed: mount ("ext3", 'MTD", "system" , "/system")
E: Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip
(status 7)
Installation aborted.

This has happened everytime I have tried to move to ICS. Even on the earlier leaks. I have wiped everything and formatted everything. I am not sure what to do or where to go from here. Some help would be AWESOME!! Thanks guys !

I am getting this EXACT same issue and error sequence. Surprisingly this is the first time I have had a problem with any utility on any phone I have had...EVO, Droid X, Nexus, etc. Followed instructions to a T, used downloads from this post and verified Md5s. I'm on a bone stock Gingerbread 2.3.6 CDMA Razr, was never rooted. For some reason the ICS OTA always failed when trying to install so I came here hoping this utility would force it. Help!?

#952 Nitewolf

Nitewolf

Member of the BEST android community

• Superuser
  • 643 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 04:27 AM

I am getting this EXACT same issue and error sequence. Surprisingly this is the first time I have had a problem with any utility on any phone I have had...EVO, Droid X, Nexus, etc. Followed instructions to a T, used downloads from this post and verified Md5s. I'm on a bone stock Gingerbread 2.3.6 CDMA Razr, was never rooted. For some reason the ICS OTA always failed when trying to install so I came here hoping this utility would force it. Help!?

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Posted Image

#953 Won

Won

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 04:29 PM

Hey Matt, I was rooted before I did the OTA update for the ICS and I didn't use anything like voodoo. Now my phone works fine except superuser doesn't work anymore. So now my goal is to get ICS OTA update and be rooted. What exactly should I do like unbrick from ICS and go back to gingerbread and keep my apps and download voodoo and reinstall OTA ICS? (Sorry I'm a noob with rooting) Please help and Thanks!

#954 FcHsChilD

FcHsChilD

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
  • LocationWellington

Posted 14 July 2012 - 04:35 PM

Hey Matt, I was rooted before I did the OTA update for the ICS and I didn't use anything like voodoo. Now my phone works fine except superuser doesn't work anymore. So now my goal is to get ICS OTA update and be rooted. What exactly should I do like unbrick from ICS and go back to gingerbread and keep my apps and download voodoo and reinstall OTA ICS? (Sorry I'm a noob with rooting) Please help and Thanks!

cant go back to gb locked bootloader..refer to the 1.8 utility thread

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#955 jmlenz

jmlenz

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 05:12 PM

Oh man, After all day of fighting going from Stock non ICS non root, I had to do the below, I really hope it helps someone
First name that file to update.zip, put on root on your SD card not the phone, I put it on both. Remeber SHOW File Details, not update.zip.zip or just update, "Update.zip"!
1. Install drivers (I assume you unziped Only the 1.7 utility)
2. Rename and install/copy update.zip on "Your" SD not the phones but external, Copy to both is what I did
3. debug usb mode, run "ADMIN" File .bat from 1.7 utility, Follow instuctions #1 first and kept getting e:data error (7) etc..
4. After AP Fastboot "Utility Intructions", if you hold -+ vol together go to recover, and hit up vol for enter, Wipe the phone, clear, reboot
5. Go into "AP Fastboot" run Option 2 from Util, Repeat step 4 when Utility says so
6. phone will freeze on power off, DONT PANNIC, Hold VOL +/- and Power watch flicker
7. Power and reboot into Recover as explained in step 4 repeat it, doing wipe. Dont reboot yet
8. Install Update.zip from external card, let it run till finished about 10 min, reboot and enjoy!!

Hope this is clear enough and helps someone else.. :) This is what worked for me.. If someone can see mistake, please feel free to fix it, I apologize I was in a rush.

Some maybe confused here, power and down will get you into AP Fastboot, the Volume up and down will get you into a menu for recovery/AP Fastboot, etc etc.. Up key on not sure but i think recovery.. before hitting power of course...

I just tried this method and I thought for sure it was going to work, I was actually getting the ICS recovery (android with spinning sphere in his belly) in the background instead of the GB one, but low and behold I got the same damn error (below) I have got for the last 12 attempts...yes 12 folks! Two days of my life I will never get back...and still perpetually stuck on GB .181. I have rooted, ROMd, and themed the life out of 5 phones over 3 years and NEVER had this much trouble. I'm chalking this up to faulty LTE hardware that is causing this cluster fu*k

asset failed: motorola .motoflash("/tmp/lte.img")
E: Error in /tmpsideload/package.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted

#956 iDroidGuy

iDroidGuy

:D Taco!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • Twitter:iDroidGuy
  • Google+:Stephen Wilmot-Doxey
  • LocationHopewell, VA

Posted 15 July 2012 - 05:33 PM

I just tried this method and I thought for sure it was going to work, I was actually getting the ICS recovery (android with spinning sphere in his belly) in the background instead of the GB one, but low and behold I got the same damn error (below) I have got for the last 12 attempts...yes 12 folks! Two days of my life I will never get back...and still perpetually stuck on GB .181. I have rooted, ROMd, and themed the life out of 5 phones over 3 years and NEVER had this much trouble. I'm chalking this up to faulty LTE hardware that is causing this cluster fu*k

asset failed: motorola .motoflash("/tmp/lte.img")
E: Error in /tmpsideload/package.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted

Use matts utility 1.81 option 1. Good luck. Any questions hop in chat

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
If you'd like to buy me a Mountain Dew just PM me for my PayPal info. Thanks :)

working to provide the best assistance to you and the entire droid razr community improve!

#957 ash007

ash007

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 04:02 AM

Hi Matt, the Puerto Rico guy here.The utility worked like a charm. I only have a problem; even though my Droid now supports Global and GSM networks, when I insert the local GSM SIM I got a message that says "This SIM is from an unknown source". Then it says "Network error, no GSM/UMTS networks found. Do you want to change to global mode?". I hit yes but it still not finding the network.

Then I went to the About Phone/State and it recognizes the phone number. Do I need to do further configuration so it recognizes my local network?

#958 dqtshet

dqtshet

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 08:26 AM

Yes sir only used the files that you posted. I uploaded them and then tried the flash using those files.

#959 missdesi

missdesi

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 12:27 PM

Thank you for all the great help in rooting my phone :-)

#960 danypermont

danypermont

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 10:57 PM

SO I BEEN TRYING TO UNROOT AND RE-ROOT MY RAZR SINCE I BEEN HAVING SOME ISSUES WITH IT SO I END UP RESTORING IT TO FACTORY SETTINGS, WHEN IT CAME BACK ON I HAD NO ROOT , I BEEN TRYING A MILLION TIMES TO UNROOT AND RE-ROOT BUT NOT SURE HOW, I THINK IM IN THE RIGHT PLACE, THIS IS WHAT I UNDERSTOOD,
-GET THE UPDATE TO SD CARD
-THEN GO IN TO RECOVERY MODE
-WIPE CACHE
-INSTALL UPDATE FROM SD CARD?
-AND I'M NOT SURE WHATS NEXT ..........PLZ SOME HELP MATTLGROFF :(

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users