• Please log in to reply
1018 replies to this topic

#901 topdog031382

topdog031382

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 05:01 PM

Using utility 1.7 do I run option #2 to get back to full stock .211. I am on rooted 211 with safe strap and took the OTA ics. Thanks for the help.

Sent from my Droid Razr using Xparent ICS Blue Tapatalk 2

yes, with .211 zip file on ext sd card, run option two let it finish, boot into moto recovery factory reset then install .211

#902 lthelwpn

lthelwpn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 05:11 PM

yes, with .211 zip file on ext sd card, run option two let it finish, boot into moto recovery factory reset then install .211

So just running option #2 won't put me on stock .211, I have to put the file on ext. SD card? I know in version 1.6 you could flash to full stock on GB, was just hoping that would do the same without the file.

#903 topdog031382

topdog031382

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 05:26 PM

So just running option #2 won't put me on stock .211, I have to put the file on ext. SD card? I know in version 1.6 you could flash to full stock on GB, was just hoping that would do the same without the file.

read the op and instructions

#904 ridgerunner665

ridgerunner665

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 05:52 PM

DO NOT TAKE MY WORD FOR IT....but I think you'd need option 9 for that.

And don't forget to put the .211 file on your external SD card BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING ELSE!

If I'm wrong somebody please tell me...that's why I'm here (to learn).

#905 topdog031382

topdog031382

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 06:00 PM

DO NOT TAKE MY WORD FOR IT....but I think you'd need option 9 for that.

And don't forget to put the .211 file on your external SD card BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING ELSE!

If I'm wrong somebody please tell me...that's why I'm here (to learn).

no if you are already on .211 and are trying to restore back to stock .211 run option 2 let it do its thing then it will tell you to boot into moto recovery. Boot into moto recovery do a factory reset, apply update from external storage( .211 zip file) let it install reboot then you will be back to stock .211. I have done this method over and over going back and forth from .211 to .214

#906 ridgerunner665

ridgerunner665

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 06:02 PM

Thank you....I was just reading the OP again and figured out I was wrong. I appreciate the explanation...

#907 lthelwpn

lthelwpn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 06:03 PM

no if you are already on .211 and are trying to restore back to stock .211 run option 2 let it do its thing then it will tell you to boot into moto recovery. Boot into moto recovery do a factory reset, apply update from external storage( .211 zip file) let it install reboot then you will be back to stock .211. I have done this method over and over going back and forth from .211 to .214

That's what I'm getting ready to do, thanks for the help. I knew it was option #2 just making ng sure about the file. Thanks.

#908 bravozero

bravozero

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 08:06 PM

Just wanted to say thank you, this worked perfectly with no issues.

#909 jw0914

jw0914

All it takes for evil to triumph, is for good men to do nothing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 275 posts
  • LocationMadison
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6 [XT1103]

Posted 08 July 2012 - 03:59 PM

Even with 1.6, you were still using the .181 fb file to flash back to stock... it was just incorporated into the utility's files. For some reason that I'm not sure of, this isn't able to be done with .211 fb file, which is why you need to place it on your external sd card.

#910 nordman23

nordman23

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 05:45 PM

probably not the correct place to ask this but im going to explain my situation and see if you guys can help. I was trying to get install ota ics but it continually failed so i decided to use the (VRZ_XT912_6.5.1-73_DHD-11_TA-3_1FF_02.xml) fastboot files but of course in the middle of flashing "low battery" soft bricked the phone but I was able to get that fixed and finally flashed correctly. I updated the software 3 times without issues and then came the ics ota and I tried installing it...worked perfectly up until when the phone was setting up and gave the message "starting applications" it continued to give this message for 8 hours at least and I decided to shut off the phone. It is now in AP Fastboot Flash Mode (flash Failure) Device is LOCKED. Status Code:0. I can get into Moto Recovery and wipedata/cache but that didnt do anything. It will not flash either, i get the message "Failed flashing process. 6/18 flash cdt.bin -> Phone returned FAIL. When i try to just do a regular reboot it gets stuck on the Dual Core technology Moto screen. When I try to run the razrutility it tells me INFOPreflash failure validation failure when writing the 'cdt.bin' and also when it is writing the 'devtree'. Okay i know that was long guys but i dont know what else to do please help!!

#911 lifeontheedge324

lifeontheedge324

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 06:06 PM

So does anyone know if there is a way to overclock the new kernel yet? Or is it too early to have anything considering the locked bootloader?

#912 TheFezalex

TheFezalex

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 07:10 PM

Thank you for your work! I am running .211 on the RAZR and I can confirm that the transition from rooted Gingerbread to rooted .211 ICS was very easy and without problems. ICS is running very fast and smooth!

However, I must warn those who use the WiFi Tether on gingerbread, that once you upgrade to rooted ICS (I have only tried on .211) WiFi Tether will NOT work because ICS prevents the Ad Hoc from fully deploying. Nevertheless, you can use unrooted apps like FoxFi to still tether your razr. (If FoxFi gives you problems and your computer can't find the signal, just simply ==> force stop it, clean the app data and reboot your phone -- if you want to change the network name and put a password, be sure to change the name and password before "activating WiFi Hotspot"... if you don't do that, you will have to repeat the force stop, clean, reboot process spelled above...)

So if you LOVE your Wifi Tether in Gingerbread, think carefully before upgrading to ICS.

Once again, thank you for the great work! Keep it up.

#913 Stratty

Stratty

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 08:40 PM

#914 nordman23

nordman23

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 07:34 AM

okay i ran the 1.7 utility, flashed 6.16.211.img file, then i chose option 2. Everything runs smoothly and then it gets to the end and says to reboot into recovery and flash .211 but I CANNOT GET INTO RECOVERY!!! it just goes back to "Invaild Flash Mode" and says "Invalid CG OTV (CG: webtop): Invalid SP Data" and "Invalid CG Version (CG: webtop)" and "Invaild CG OTV (CG:webstop)" any help would be appreciated guys

#915 damdiknutrazr

damdiknutrazr

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 11:28 AM

this might be a dumb question, but is there any reason for me to download voodoo rootkeeper, bootstrap recovery, and safestrap recovery after rooting the phone?

#916 bluex

bluex

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 11:44 AM

this might be a dumb question, but is there any reason for me to download voodoo rootkeeper, bootstrap recovery, and safestrap recovery after rooting the phone?

Only use one or the other when it comes to bootstrap and safestrap, they dont play nice together. You only need those if you want a custom rom and I think most of them require safestrap for ICS. You shouldnt need rootkeeper until a new OTA comes out I think.

#917 damdiknutrazr

damdiknutrazr

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 04:33 PM

Only use one or the other when it comes to bootstrap and safestrap, they dont play nice together. You only need those if you want a custom rom and I think most of them require safestrap for ICS. You shouldnt need rootkeeper until a new OTA comes out I think.

Awesome thank you, so is there much development done with ICS for the Razr yet or not? I really just want to be able to do free wi-fi hot spot/ tethering and get rid of all the bloat apps that came with the phone.

#918 ridgerunner665

ridgerunner665

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 06:10 PM

Enjoy that beer I just bought you Matt :) ...you've earned it.

#919 swiftd03

swiftd03

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 06:15 PM

OK, third post on the same issue so I am really hoping you guys can help me out. I keep getting an: error: more than one device and emulator error every time I try to run the rooter. This is a stock Razr with the OTA upgrade already done. I have factory reset the phone and I have tried everything I can think of on 2 computers but still no go. Anyone have anything that could help?

#920 brunoerf

brunoerf

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 04:35 PM

Hey Mat, i have a doubt about htis update, it can be used in any version/region of razr? like mine Mot razr from Middle east

Follow the informations about it version

System version
65.1.40.xt910.MERetail.en.06

Model Number
XT910

Android Version

Database Version
U_03.1c.91P

Webtop
WT-2.0.0-139

Version number
6.5.1-167-SPD-IRD-40

i can use this soft to update my Razr without problems? or it's only for USA RAZR?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users