Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • Twitter:G8orDroid

Posted 22 June 2012 - 10:19 AM

Best way would be to do an ADB push:

adb push update.zip /sdcard-ext/

That, or put your phone into USB mode and then copy it to the external sd card.

ADB PUSH is the way I would go.

On another note, I know we can't go back to GB after this. But, if I end up bricking my phone for some reason after going to ICS, how do I get it back to being operational or do we have to wait until an ICS fastboot image becomes available?

For now, If you screw something up or get a bad ROM flash with bootstrap, you can just use option #2 to re-install the .211 update. Since this will be the Official OTA, eventually we'll most likely get the .fxz file to restore through RSD or fastboot.
  • ibolski likes this

#102 G8orDroid

G8orDroid

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • Twitter:G8orDroid

Posted 22 June 2012 - 10:21 AM

How do I do an ADB push?

adb.exe wiil either have to be in your path or you will need to run the command from the /files folder where you put the utility.

#103 ajmadic

ajmadic

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 10:23 AM

Best way would be to do an ADB push:

That, or put your phone into USB mode and then copy it to the external sd card.

ADB PUSH is the way I would go.

On another note, I know we can't go back to GB after this. But, if I end up bricking my phone for some reason after going to ICS, how do I get it back to being operational or do we have to wait until an ICS fastboot image becomes available?

changed to usb mode, worked.

thanks man!!!

#104 HouseMD

HouseMD

Vicodin Addict

• Superuser
  • 294 posts
  • Twitter:DSLRVideoGuy
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 22 June 2012 - 10:25 AM

Just going through the chat room, it seems like a lot of people are getting error 7 when uploading 211 using 1.7. If anyone has 1.6, you can do the methods through there, too. I prefer 1.6 to be honest, Matt got me confused on the for 1.7. Plus, if anyone wants to help some people out, please go to the chat room to help. There were 26 people in there before and only two of us were able to help..

Sent from my Razr Maxx, just because I wanted this title on tapatalk.

Posted Image

If you feel the need to buy me a beer, or help pay my bills, here's the link:http://bit.ly/O4ZnLW

#105 ibolski

ibolski

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • Twitter:iBolski
  • Google+:Ivan Samuelson
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio
  • Current Device(s):Samsung Galaxy S7

Posted 22 June 2012 - 10:27 AM

For now, If you screw something up or get a bad ROM flash with bootstrap, you can just use option #2 to re-install the .211 update. Since this will be the Official OTA, eventually we'll most likely get the .fxz file to restore through RSD or fastboot.

Thanks! That gives me some relief there in case I screw something up. Guess I'll go ahead and root this puppy and move on so I can get all my software back up and running.

I backed up all my user apps with Titanium Backup. It should work fine restoring under ICS, correct? I know with some ROMs on the Droid X2 (like CM9DX2), you weren't supposed to and it would screw things up.

In my case, it's ONLY user apps that I have backed up, not system apps.

Thanks!

VZW Samsung Galaxy S7 Stock and unrooted running Marshmallow 46A, 32gb Nexus 7 unlocked
2cqd4t2.png

#106 crupp

crupp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 10:29 AM

worked great, running .211 (very, very smooth). Question: there will most likely be a follow up build, if we are not rooted and stock are we back on the OTA path?

#107 DrDiff

DrDiff

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
  • Twitter:@DrDiff952
  • Google+:DrDiff
  • LocationNorthWest Indiana

Posted 22 June 2012 - 10:33 AM

Matt. I just need a little confirmation here.

Currently on Ginger Bread .181 rooted (ota Root Keeper) with safe strap. I have DroidRazrUtility 1.6 on my computer, & the .211 file (Blur_Version6.12.181....zip) also on my computer.

Because of safe strap I need to run DroidRazrUtility 1.6 to clean install and get rid of safe strap 1.9 for Gingerbread.

Then move the .211 files to the external SD Card and follow instructions on instatlling .211

OR can I just use 1.7 to clean up GB .181 and then install .211?

Posted Image

#108 ajmadic

ajmadic

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 10:34 AM

got this when trying to update...

"E:Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip
Installation aborted"

#109 portscan

portscan

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Twitter:@JasonCollins23
  • LocationClarksville, TN
  • Current Device(s):Samsung Galaxy S4- Stock Rooted on 4.3/Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1- Redemption Rom v6.1

Posted 22 June 2012 - 10:40 AM

Worked like a charm!! Thanks Matt!! I guess we can say we're officially back on path..... unless a Jelly Bean Leak rears in a few months...
Posted Image

#110 ajmadic

ajmadic

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 10:48 AM

Hmm, think I bricked it. Just sitting at the M Dual Core screen

#111 crupp

crupp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 10:54 AM

If you loaded the unstuck via 1.7. It will sit there for a little while then shut down. Hold the volume+, volume - and power until you see a flicker, release power button and then re press power. One in stock recovery, clear data and load the update zip that you put in our SD card, wait about 10 mins for it to do it's thing ...profit.

#112 portscan

portscan

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Current Device(s):Samsung Galaxy S4- Stock Rooted on 4.3/Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1- Redemption Rom v6.1

Posted 22 June 2012 - 10:54 AM

Mine went into recovery on its own, but wait a few for the Android guy on his back with open chest. Once you see him, press both volume buttons to bring up text, select wipe cache, then install .211 from sd card that you previously loaded onto it.
Posted Image

#113 igknight

igknight

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 11:05 AM

I'm also getting the fun Status 7 error:

Installing update...
assert failed: mount("ext3", "MTD", "userdata", "/data")
E:Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.
E:Can't mount /cache/recovery/log
E:Can't open /cache/recovery/log
E:Can't mount /cache/recovery/last_log
E:Can't open /cache/recovery/last_log
E:Can't mount /cache/recovery/last_install
E:Can't open /cache/recovery/last_install

I have done option 1 now 3 times, and even did a data wipe.

Every time I try chat, it tells me I have been kicked from the room.

#114 portscan

portscan

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 11:09 AM

Also, make sure you're in anything BUT USB Mass Storage when you go to root. I made that error.
Posted Image

#115 BlueHazard

BlueHazard

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 11:12 AM

I think I'm bricked, getting this:

Patching preinstall files....
E:Error in /tmp/sideload/pakage.zip
(Status 0)
Installation aborted

I'm coming from 181, never rooted, 100% stock, any ideas?

#116 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 11:14 AM

I'm also getting the fun Status 7 error:

Installing update...
assert failed: mount("ext3", "MTD", "userdata", "/data")
E:Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.
E:Can't mount /cache/recovery/log
E:Can't open /cache/recovery/log
E:Can't mount /cache/recovery/last_log
E:Can't open /cache/recovery/last_log
E:Can't mount /cache/recovery/last_install
E:Can't open /cache/recovery/last_install

I have done option 1 now 3 times, and even did a data wipe.

Every time I try chat, it tells me I have been kicked from the room.

Definitely needs a data wipe... and a reboot at that as well.

It shows userdata is your problem right on there x_X

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#117 mechatricity

mechatricity

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 11:14 AM

I'm certainly in no place to critique, but i agree that the new phrasing of the utility options confuses me. I'm very familiar with the process, but i need to see what i'm DOING not what the outcome is supposed to be. IMO...

#118 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 11:15 AM

I think I'm bricked, getting this: Patching preinstall files.... E:Error in /tmp/sideload/pakage.zip (Status 0) Installation aborted I'm coming from 181, never rooted, 100% stock, any ideas?

You need to run this using the utility first... If you run option one it flashes the ICS recovery which fixes this. Reboot, wipe cache, continue trying to sideload.

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

#119 Tomadoggy

Tomadoggy

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 11:17 AM

RAZR utility 1.6 runs and launches fine on my PC...however when trying to start the 1.7 version I get through the first yellow window to the press any key to continue.... and when I do so a brief flash of the blue text screen comes up but the application closes. Can I install the 211 using bootstrap or somehow get 1.7 working? Any assistance would be much appreciated. BTW I have Safestrap installed

#120 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 11:17 AM

I'm certainly in no place to critique, but i agree that the new phrasing of the utility options confuses me. I'm very familiar with the process, but i need to see what i'm DOING not what the outcome is supposed to be. IMO...

Then edit the batch file if you want to know what it's doing. This utility makes it much easier to the average person to install it. Takes 8 step processes into 3 steps.

RAZR utility 1.6 runs and launches fine on my PC...however when trying to start the 1.7 version I through the first yellow window to the press any key to continue.... and when I do so a brief flash of the blue text screen comes up but the application closes. Can I install the 211 using bootstrap or somehow get 1.7 working? Any assistance would be much appreciated.

You certainly cannot do that. Please try to run as admin, if not already. The build of the utility does not change and it is something you did / didn't do that is causing the 1.7 to not run properly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users