1018 replies to this topic

#121 igknight

igknight

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 11:22 AM

Definitely needs a data wipe... and a reboot at that as well.

It shows userdata is your problem right on there x_X

The data wipe + wipe cache + reboot seems to have done the trick! Thanks much.

#122 crupp

crupp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 11:25 AM

thanks for the hard work Matt. I have NO idea how you get this $!#7 to work but it does so thanks again!

#123 Tomadoggy

Tomadoggy

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 11:25 AM

Then edit the batch file if you want to know what it's doing. This utility makes it much easier to the average person to install it. Takes 8 step processes into 3 steps.

You certainly cannot do that. Please try to run as admin, if not already. The build of the utility does not change and it is something you did / didn't do that is causing the 1.7 to not run properly.

Yup running as administrator....I will re-download the 1.7 utility and try again. After reading through the posts I am a little unlcear. I am on 181 rooted with Safestrap installed. Assuming that I can get the 1.7 utility to run, can you please tell me which steps in the 1.7 utility I should execute? Do I need to uninstall Safestrap? If so how can I do so?

I am so very thankful for all of your time and effort to put this together and answer my stupid questions. I am buying you a beer.....right after I post this!
  • mattlgroff likes this

#124 snives

snives

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 11:28 AM

After several attempts at fastbooting via (1) and receiving Status 7, I wiped data/cache and it worked right away.

#125 chaz493

chaz493

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Google+:https://plus.google.com/u/0/113161688656608926035

Posted 22 June 2012 - 11:28 AM

E:Error in temp/sideload/package.zip (Status 0) every time. i have flashed and tried again 3 times. wtf

#126 JoJoLanny

JoJoLanny

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 22 June 2012 - 11:29 AM

If I am on 211 right now and I want to use this utility to get a fresh and clean version of. 211, which options should I choose and how should I run this? I have the update .zip on my sdcard-ext. I am currently not rooted. I have not found a successful method of rooting my phone either. I don't think I need to be rooted to use this utility, do I?
I have a fever..... and the only cure..... is more cowbell!!!!

#127 crupp

crupp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 11:33 AM

If I am on 211 right now and I want to use this utility to get a fresh and clean version of. 211, which options should I choose and how should I run this? I have the update .zip on my sdcard-ext. I am currently not rooted. I have not found a successful method of rooting my phone either. I don't think I need to be rooted to use this utility, do I?

Run option 2 let it do tis thing. Go into recovery wipe data and cache, then update using 211 zip...like a new phone.

#128 BlueHazard

BlueHazard

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 11:34 AM

You need to run this using the utility first... If you run option one it flashes the ICS recovery which fixes this. Reboot, wipe cache, continue trying to sideload.

(Face palm) How embarrassing! Got it! Thank you very much!

#129 chaz493

chaz493

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Google+:https://plus.google.com/u/0/113161688656608926035

Posted 22 June 2012 - 11:37 AM

Just followed the message path and found my answer, nvm :ph34r:

#130 JoJoLanny

JoJoLanny

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 22 June 2012 - 11:41 AM

Run option 2 let it do tis thing. Go into recovery wipe data and cache, then update using 211 zip...like a new phone.

Thanks, crupp. I'll give it a shot. I'll let you know later how it goes.

#131 JoJoLanny

JoJoLanny

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 22 June 2012 - 11:41 AM

Do I run in AP or BS mode?

#132 crupp

crupp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 11:47 AM

AP fastboot

#133 Tomadoggy

Tomadoggy

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 11:47 AM

OK new download of the 1.7 utility is now working. Beer purchased..thanks.

On rooted 181, in Fastboot AP, device locked message, USB attached, Mot Single ADB Interface is showing in Device manager.

Choose option 1 in the 1.7 Utility, read the text, 211 is on the SD card, press any key to continue... get the message "the system cannot find the path specified, press any key AFTER the screen comes back on. Press any key to continue.

My phone screen is not going off...I know that I am not the brightest on these matters, but am I missing something here? What should happen next or can I go directly to Motorola recovery and install 211 from the SD? I don't want to mess this up so thanks for the guidance.

#134 blackhand1001

blackhand1001

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 11:50 AM

On a 100% stock phone with 181 what are the exact steps to get this up. On another device I kept getting sideload error although that one was rooted 181. I was able to fastboot it back to 181 though and it booted back up. Another person I know wants the update and they are 100% stock. Do I run option 1 or do I just apply the update from recovery.

#135 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 11:51 AM

Yup running as administrator....I will re-download the 1.7 utility and try again. After reading through the posts I am a little unlcear. I am on 181 rooted with Safestrap installed. Assuming that I can get the 1.7 utility to run, can you please tell me which steps in the 1.7 utility I should execute? Do I need to uninstall Safestrap? If so how can I do so?

I am so very thankful for all of your time and effort to put this together and answer my stupid questions. I am buying you a beer.....right after I post this!

Just check the md5 no need to redownload I bet...
You will want Option 1, assuming the update is on your SD card already :D

This will wipe safestrap too during the process

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#136 crupp

crupp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Unplug your USB and trying running 1.7 again. Mine did the same thing

#137 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

On a 100% stock phone with 181 what are the exact steps to get this up. On another device I kept getting sideload error although that one was rooted 181. I was able to fastboot it back to 181 though and it booted back up. Another person I know wants the update and they are 100% stock. Do I run option 1 or do I just apply the update from recovery.

Option 1. Then apply in recovery.

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#138 igknight

igknight

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 11:54 AM

I can't root now. Keep getting a permission denied error moving the tmp folder.

adb shell mv /data/local/tmp /data/local/tmp.bak
failed on '/data/local/tmp' - Permission denied

USB Debugging is enabled, and I've tried both MTP and PTP modes.

#139 floatingfaceup

floatingfaceup

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 11:56 AM

Nope. The Ice Cream Sandwich update is permanent.

Why wouldn't 1.6 utility work?

#140 JoJoLanny

JoJoLanny

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 22 June 2012 - 11:58 AM

AP fastboot

Aw'ight!!! Lol

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users