Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 27 June 2012 - 06:14 PM

Nope still the same error... I have unzipped many things before. Its running in admin mode, all files in same directory, the update is on the card, i have debugging enabled, AND have zipped and unzipped multiple times... Still nothing. Please help, I don't want to wait any longer!

Hmmm... Have you installed the newest drivers? I think they come with the utility. What are you coming from .181?? If you are you can sideload it with Rom manager. There is a thread for that around here

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#82 jerdrb

jerdrb

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 06:22 PM

Hmmm... Have you installed the newest drivers? I think they come with the utility. What are you coming from .181?? If you are you can sideload it with Rom manager. There is a thread for that around here

Im on stock .181 GB with no root. Newest driver are installed and working properly. The Fastboot says that it is connected via usb so it does detect the computer. I also hear the connection noise from my computer when I put in fastboot mode. For sideload with a rom manager do I need to root for SU access?

#83 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 27 June 2012 - 06:32 PM

Im on stock .181 GB with no root. Newest driver are installed and working properly. The Fastboot says that it is connected via usb so it does detect the computer. I also hear the connection noise from my computer when I put in fastboot mode. For sideload with a rom manager do I need to root for SU access?

Ahh crap.. Yup you need root. Shot in the dark here but try a restart of your computer. I know whenever I use the utility it leaves ADB running in the background. Maybe that is causing the issue and a restart will help.

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#84 Hunter242

Hunter242

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 06:39 PM

now i have gotten it into the recovery menu and tried to run option 1 as suggested in the OP but once finished it will not boot into recovery mode just keeps coming back into fastboot mode

#85 jerdrb

jerdrb

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 07:16 PM

Ahh crap.. Yup you need root. Shot in the dark here but try a restart of your computer. I know whenever I use the utility it leaves ADB running in the background. Maybe that is causing the issue and a restart will help.

Reboot, saw registry files be updated and got excited... BUT it was for something else and still nothing >.< Same exact error.

#86 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 27 June 2012 - 08:02 PM

Reboot, saw registry files be updated and got excited... BUT it was for something else and still nothing >.< Same exact error.

That's all I got in my toolbox man. Sorry I couldn't get you going. I would suggest jumping in the chat room and hit up those in the know. Maybe catch Matt in there...

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#87 mogo795

mogo795

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 08:21 PM

after successful install im stuck in boot with "droid' logo. What to do?

#88 jerdrb

jerdrb

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 09:00 PM

That's all I got in my toolbox man. Sorry I couldn't get you going. I would suggest jumping in the chat room and hit up those in the know. Maybe catch Matt in there...

wheres chat room at?

#89 Droid2drummer

Droid2drummer

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Twitter:@imanotemaker
  • Google+:robertclarkga@gmail.com
  • LocationWarner Robins GA

Posted 27 June 2012 - 09:27 PM

I'm getting OTA now its in my status bar says updating...wooooot

Simply Amazing ...
Essentially Stunning,
Motorola Droid Razr---->Minimum<-----:)
Tapped via Red Xparent Pro>:-!

#90 Droid2drummer

Droid2drummer

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 09:28 PM

I'm getting OTA now its in my status bar says updating...wooooot

Simply Amazing ...
Essentially Stunning,
Motorola Droid Razr---->Minimum<-----

actually it says downloading updates!!!!

Simply Amazing ...
Essentially Stunning,
Motorola Droid Razr---->Minimum<-----:)

#91 W0017roid

W0017roid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Twitter:17akota
  • Google+:17akota
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Pennsylvania

Posted 28 June 2012 - 12:11 PM

actually it says downloading updates!!!!

Simply Amazing ...
Essentially Stunning,
Motorola Droid Razr---->Minimum<----- :)

I've had the OTA since last week! :)

That's good that they're pushing it out though. Now we wait for never to receive Jelly Bean......

#92 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 28 June 2012 - 12:23 PM

wheres chat room at?

Any luck with this man?? Hopefully you figured out the chat room is on a tab at the top of the page. :-)

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#93 jerdrb

jerdrb

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 01:06 PM

Here is a weird one. The home button is not functioning after update.

#94 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 28 June 2012 - 01:36 PM

Here is a weird one. The home button is not functioning after update.

Gotta do a factory reset...

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#95 Droid2drummer

Droid2drummer

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 01:50 PM

I've had the OTA since last week!

That's good that they're pushing it out though. Now we wait for never to receive Jelly Bean......

yes indeed. However since I was safestrapped I fast booted and now stuck on up to date. Hell I pulled it three times in about phone multiple attempts to get rid of ssafestrap and eventually used matts utility and bam no more pull.lol btw I know your videos all too well. Was about to flash. Hey man... one question. Since I'm stock now after 1.6 fast boot option 1 and I see that I still have the ota leak 211 on my external. Being unrooted will I possibly be able to stock recovery wipe data and cache then ext SD then find file and flash?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#96 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 28 June 2012 - 02:19 PM

yes indeed. However since I was safestrapped I fast booted and now stuck on up to date. Hell I pulled it three times in about phone multiple attempts to get rid of ssafestrap and eventually used matts utility and bam no more pull.lol btw I know your videos all too well. Was about to flash. Hey man... one question. Since I'm stock now after 1.6 fast boot option 1 and I see that I still have the ota leak 211 on my external. Being unrooted will I possibly be able to stock recovery wipe data and cache then ext SD then find file and flash?

Gotta root so you can put it in cache and use rom manager to install

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#97 Droid2drummer

Droid2drummer

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 04:46 PM

Ok Matt Memoch and woo17 and all that knew my story. If it wasnt for the fact that i shouldve known better, i wouldve had the ics official pushed ota. But i used 1.7 utility and not one damn problem.... thanks all whom encouraged and helped. I couldnt wait any longer because of my work schedule....off to rootland. And by the way. I will say this..The utility works here is what i did.
Already had on sd ext. Blur file blah..then after being pissed that safestrap borked my ota i dl the utility 1.7 charged to 100% and then prompted the utility entered fastboot. Pressed 1 then any key twice or three times. Then pressed all three buttons and it brought me to ics stock recovery. Wiped data and cach twice. Cache twice. Then installed update from ext sd. Rebooted

#98 wingsofred

wingsofred

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 11:15 PM

WOO HOO! finally something like this worked for me without being a humongus pain in the rear end!! Once I finally got things to start, everything went smoothly. First off everything didn't extract into the folders correctly. Once I figured that out and got the app running, it kept saying "Path not found". I ended up changing from using a Win7 64bit machine to a 32 bit XP machine and it was smooth sailing after that. I did do the factory reset. No biggie. Lost a few MP3's and some time re configuring..oh well. So far so good! Thanks so much for putting the vid together for newbs like me!

#99 kombat

kombat

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 05:41 AM

Installing ICS worked flawlessly, but I can't root. It just says Waiting for device. The phone is on, not in AP FLashboot. Set USB to MTP. I installed the 5.7 drivers before I did the ICS load. I know it's connected because everytime I connect it it tries to install MotoCast. Thanks.
  • bobwerd likes this

#100 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 29 June 2012 - 05:53 AM

Installing ICS worked flawlessly, but I can't root. It just says Waiting for device. The phone is on, not in AP FLashboot. Set USB to MTP. I installed the 5.7 drivers before I did the ICS load. I know it's connected because everytime I connect it it tries to install MotoCast. Thanks.

Need to turn on USB debugging

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users