TJBrown277

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Twitter:BeatsBreaksBust
  • Google+:TJBrown277

Posted 26 June 2012 - 03:59 PM

Sorry Matt, was looking for the signature verification error. Looks like putting the file in a sub folder did the trick! Thanks again, awesome utility!

#62 xllxjustinxllx

xllxjustinxllx

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 05:01 PM

I kept having problems with utility.bat closing after i press any key so i used the moddedunstuck, still kept getting status 7 errors after complete reboot and full wipe.

So i opened your utility.bat and at the end of the header section i changed GOTO:EOF to GOTO:menu_2 (because i'm upgrading from 209.) and just went straight into the install.

I dont want to post instructions and cause you more problems with people modifying your script but there is a bug in menuLOOP.

#63 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 05:19 PM

I kept having problems with utility.bat closing after i press any key so i used the moddedunstuck, still kept getting status 7 errors after complete reboot and full wipe. So i opened your utility.bat and at the end of the header section i changed GOTO:EOF to GOTO:menu_2 (because i'm upgrading from 209.) and just went straight into the install. I dont want to post instructions and cause you more problems with people modifying your script but there is a bug in menuLOOP.

Your findstr.exe is inside the C:/Windows/System32/ folder. It was not in your system's path. It is explained how to fix this in the OP, but I see that can also be a workaround if you want just once of the functions.

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#64 xllxjustinxllx

xllxjustinxllx

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 05:29 PM

You may be right and I havent checked *laziness*, but i copied my non working utility1.7 into my utility 1.6 folder and it works everytime.

And I was wrong, there is nothing wrong with the script. Kudos to you and thank you very much for the hard work.

If it came off like i was criticizing your work I apologize.

#65 TJBrown277

TJBrown277

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 07:28 PM

So after I got the update to finally run, it errored out with the E: Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip (Status 7): error. So i followed the directions (both sets, going back to completely stock 181, and rebooting and wiping cache) on page 1 after letting the phone charge for a bit, but no dice. Every time I run the update, I keep getting the Status 7 error. I guess at this point my phone really doesn't want to cooperate. I've tried the update several times, may tackle it again tomorrow after researching it a bit more unless anyone has any other ideas why this might be happening. I even went as far as backing up my sdcard and wiping it clean, then putting the file on it, which btw, afterwards I didn't need to put the zip file in a seperate folder. Anyway, again, kudos on the utility and thanks for the help!

#66 davpic

davpic

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 01:44 AM

Greetings Matt,

I have followed the instructions on how to get root for 4.04 - I have MTP selected, but when I run #3 of the utility, I get "the system cannot find the path specified".
What am I doing wrong? Thank you for your help.

#67 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 01:52 AM

Greetings Matt,

I have followed the instructions on how to get root for 4.04 - I have MTP selected, but when I run #3 of the utility, I get "the system cannot find the path specified".
What am I doing wrong? Thank you for your help.

As I say in the OP.

Path not specified

• Extract the utility to the desktop. The WHOLE thing. Not just the bat file.
  • Run as admin if that did not fix it.
If it doesn't look like this, you did this wrong and need to extract it correctly.

Posted Image

How to extract, Windows default and 7zip:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

#68 TJBrown277

TJBrown277

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 05:11 AM

Ok, so after a few more tries, I swapped out the sdcard for a brand new one, flashed back to stock 181 with no setup of any kind, ran through the steps and it worked. Not sure what was up with my phone, but I'm on ICS and happy! Thanks again!

#69 ash007

ash007

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 05:17 AM

Hi Matt, I bought a Verizon Droid Razr but I live in Puerto Rico. Will this process activate Razr's GSM radio? I want to use a local company SIM card.

#70 scott0719

scott0719

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 10:25 AM

Hello everyone.

Last saturday I downloaded the ICS update on droidforums.net and tried to install it. It failed. This was before we knew to try it a second time. So I used the utility to unbrick my phone and put gingerbread back on like I had it.

That worked but I'm not sure if these issues i'm having are side effects of what I did. First, I have no 4G service only 3G. I called verizon and went to a store and they think its just the network and not my phone. I got a new sim card and still have the same problem. I didn't tell them what I tried fearing they wouldn't try to help.

Second is when my phone turns on it takes a minute or so to get any signal bars and even a little longer for the 3G to pop up which it never used to be like that.

Last, while I was on the phone with verizon the guy asked for my IMEI number. On my phone it says unknown which the guy thought was very strange. I don't know if it ever showed a number or not but of course I think that I caused it by trying what I did.

Could any of this be a result of failing to install the update and using the utility to unbrick it? Any suggestions that could fix it? Someone else that had the same issue told me they tried the update again and it worked and fixed the 4G and IMEI number problem but I wanted to try and wait for the OTA which i'm not sure if it will even give me.

#71 DroidRAZRizBAWS

DroidRAZRizBAWS

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 02:07 PM

I can't open the utility, whenever I try to unzip it tells me its invalid I've tried to redownload multiple times can anyone help?

#72 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 02:29 PM

I can't open the utility, whenever I try to unzip it tells me its invalid I've tried to redownload multiple times can anyone help?

Check the MD5 of yours the the one downloaded.

Hi Matt, I bought a Verizon Droid Razr but I live in Puerto Rico. Will this process activate Razr's GSM radio? I want to use a local company SIM card.

Yes it will. You can use that SIM as a global function in this.

#73 nateonator

nateonator

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 03:04 PM

Anyone know why the phone says its locked when trying to get into fastboot?

#74 ash007

ash007

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 03:04 PM

Thank you Sir.

#75 HouseMD

HouseMD

Vicodin Addict

• Superuser
  • 294 posts
  • Twitter:DSLRVideoGuy
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 27 June 2012 - 03:08 PM

Anyone know why the phone says its locked when trying to get into fastboot?

thats normal. means you have a locked bootloader

Posted Image

If you feel the need to buy me a beer, or help pay my bills, here's the link:http://bit.ly/O4ZnLW

#76 nateonator

nateonator

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 03:30 PM

Withdrawn.

#77 jerdrb

jerdrb

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 03:42 PM

I keep getting Path Not Specified but the utility and all files are completely extracted just like your picture. This is really frustrating because it is such a simple error but nothing will fix it.

#78 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 27 June 2012 - 04:29 PM

2 things here... Either you moved you files around your PC after unzipping OR you need to unzip the files to the root of your C:drive. Take the zip and re-unzip to your desktop and try again or unzip to the root of your C;drive and try again

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#79 jerdrb

jerdrb

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 05:47 PM

2 things here... Either you moved you files around your PC after unzipping OR you need to unzip the files to the root of your C:drive. Take the zip and re-unzip to your desktop and try again or unzip to the root of your C;drive and try again

Nope still the same error... I have unzipped many things before. Its running in admin mode, all files in same directory, the update is on the card, i have debugging enabled, AND have zipped and unzipped multiple times... Still nothing. Please help, I don't want to wait any longer!

#80 Hunter242

Hunter242

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 06:13 PM

I used the utility 1.7 to install ics onto my droid razr and it worked for a little bit. then once i unplugged it from the usb it went nuts. it is now in a state where its shutdown and if i hold vol+ vol- and pwr it will go to the moto dual core screen but will not enter the recovery screen or whatever. i have no idea what to do since it seems entirely non-responsive. any ideas? thanks in advance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users