#101 kombat

kombat

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 06:03 AM

Need to turn on USB debugging

Ooof. Thanks. My brain wasn't registering that I needed to enable it AFTER installing ICS.

#102 stupidchicken03

stupidchicken03

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts
  • LocationIn the Sac of CA

Posted 29 June 2012 - 10:30 AM

so im having issues.

I downloaded the .211 update
downloaded both the 1.6 and 1.7 utility
checked all with md5 check sum (all was good)

put the update on the root of my SD card
booted into AP FB
opened the 1.7 utility
booted up and when it said "press any key to continue" i pressed enter and the screen closed.
I added to the system path like it says to in the OP (pic attached)

so i then tried to boot up 1.7 and again when it tells me to press any key, it just closes.

I tried using the 1.6 utility and it too just closes after "press any key"

Thats as far as ive gotten :(
Any ideas?

Attached Files

• Attached File  PATH.JPG   133.29KB   12 downloads

#103 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 June 2012 - 11:07 AM

so im having issues.

I downloaded the .211 update
downloaded both the 1.6 and 1.7 utility
checked all with md5 check sum (all was good)

put the update on the root of my SD card
booted into AP FB
opened the 1.7 utility
booted up and when it said "press any key to continue" i pressed enter and the screen closed.
I added to the system path like it says to in the OP (pic attached)

so i then tried to boot up 1.7 and again when it tells me to press any key, it just closes.

I tried using the 1.6 utility and it too just closes after "press any key"

Thats as far as ive gotten
Any ideas?

Use WinRAR to extract the zip file.

Sent from my DROID SPYDER using Tapatalk 2

#104 stupidchicken03

stupidchicken03

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 11:15 AM

Use WinRAR to extract the zip file.

This is how i have it on my SD card. If i try to unzip it, it would be multiple files

And I havnt even gotten to that point because I cant get the utility to work past "press any key to continue"

Attached Files

• Attached File  zip.JPG   59.56KB   7 downloads

#105 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 June 2012 - 11:18 AM

This is how i have it on my SD card. If i try to unzip it, it would be multiple files

And I havnt even gotten to that point because I cant get the utility to work past "press any key to continue"

Let me rephrase. Extract the Utility.
  • biggiesmalls657 likes this

#106 stupidchicken03

stupidchicken03

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 11:26 AM

Let me rephrase. Extract the Utility.

I extracted both utilities. Ran each .bat file and each utility will open fine. But when I "press any key to continue" on the launch screens, both utilities will just close

Attached Files

#107 Rgaskill123

Rgaskill123

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 11:27 AM

I feel kinda noobish, I cant figure out the problem here, Whenever i load up 1.7 and run option 1 it always gets to system.img and preinstall.img and it wont load them?

#108 stupidchicken03

stupidchicken03

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 11:33 AM

so you can see i can get this far... but then it doesnt matter if i hit "enter", "space bar", or anything else... the utility window just closes

this is in 1.7 and 1.6 utility

even tried right click > run as admin
still will just close after "press any key to continue"

Attached Files

#109 stupidchicken03

stupidchicken03

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 12:01 PM

Ok so i took a video of my opening the utility and pressing any key to continue.. a screen flashed real quick and then closes..

so i went frame by frame and this is what it pops up with for a fraction of a second before closing.

\Droid was unexpected at this time.

Any ideas???

Attached Files

• Attached File  unex.jpg   33.15KB   23 downloads

#110 badheadache1

badheadache1

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 12:34 PM

I have error assert failed com.gameloft something or other.

#111 G8orDroid

G8orDroid

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • Twitter:G8orDroid

Posted 29 June 2012 - 12:34 PM

Ok so i took a video of my opening the utility and pressing any key to continue.. a screen flashed real quick and then closes..

so i went frame by frame and this is what it pops up with for a fraction of a second before closing.

Any ideas???

Just taking a stab here since I haven't read back to all of your previous posts, but you might try extracting (or moving) the utility and all it's subfolder to the a folder on the root of your C; drive (ie. C:\DRU17). I'm thinking you may have some characters in your path that are giving the script a hard time.
Can't hurt to try.
  • stupidchicken03 likes this

#112 MkVsTheWorld

MkVsTheWorld

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Twitter:MkVsTheWorld
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 29 June 2012 - 12:43 PM

I had an issue rooting my Razr this morning. I have the xt912 Maxx and the Droid Razr Utility wouldn't recognize my phone at all. I uninstalled all Motorola drivers and programs off of my computer, rebooted my PC and my phone, then ensured USB debugging was selected, that I mounted the phone as a MTP phone, and that I used a USB port in the back of the computer. After I plugged the phone in, I let it sit until Windows installed all drivers for the phone. There was some networking communications controller driver that had to be installed that took a long time to install. After that finished, the Droid Razr Utility root feature worked. That might help other people having similar issues.
Run for your health, run for the rush, run for charity. Sign up for a race near you, you can do it!

#113 stupidchicken03

stupidchicken03

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 01:28 PM

Just taking a stab here since I haven't read back to all of your previous posts, but you might try extracting (or moving) the utility and all it's subfolder to the a folder on the root of your C; drive (ie. C:\DRU17). I'm thinking you may have some characters in your path that are giving the script a hard time.
Can't hurt to try.

tried that and either that (or the multiple reboots to the PC) worked lol.

applying the update now :)

#114 stupidchicken03

stupidchicken03

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 03:13 PM

ICS has been up and running :)

havnt played with it much. reinstalling all my apks and 6000+ txt messages haha

#115 biz_diddy

biz_diddy

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 09:20 AM

Alright fellas....I need a little bit of assistance. This is what I've done so far and where I'm having an issue:
  • I rooted my device using v1.6 of your utility for GB (I was on v1.81) successfully
  • Installed VooDoo OTA Rootkeeper, created a SU backup successfully
  • Installed ICS v.211 via OTA. Install was fine
  • Attempted to restore root via Rootkeeper. It says it succeeded, but I do not have root. Refreshing within rootkeeper does not show root. None of my root apps have root access.
  • Superuser.apk is still installed and "su" is still located within /system/bin. busybox is located within /system/xbin
  • I uninstalled Motorola v5.2 of the x64 drivers (previously had a Bionic)
  • I Installed the included driver for my system (x64 - I'm running Windows 7) in the Drivers of the zip you've provided
  • Go to Settings > Developer Options > Enable USB Debugging
  • Plugged in USB and in the notification/pulldown menu. Choose the USB Mode as MTP.
  • Run option 3 on the 1.7 Utility "Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.4 Root"
  • It says "Waiting for device" and the utility never finds my phone.
  • Rebooted my device/laptop numerous times to no avail. It still hangs at "Waiting for device"
Any ideas? :( Thanks in advance for the help guys....not sure else what to do.

#116 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 30 June 2012 - 09:40 AM

Alright fellas....I need a little bit of assistance. This is what I've done so far and where I'm having an issue:

• I rooted my device using v1.6 of your utility for GB (I was on v1.81) successfully
  • Installed VooDoo OTA Rootkeeper, created a SU backup successfully
  • Installed ICS v.211 via OTA. Install was fine
  • Attempted to restore root via Rootkeeper. It says it succeeded, but I do not have root. Refreshing within rootkeeper does not show root. None of my root apps have root access.
  • Superuser.apk is still installed and "su" is still located within /system/bin. busybox is located within /system/xbin
  • I uninstalled Motorola v5.2 of the x64 drivers (previously had a Bionic)
  • I Installed the included driver for my system (x64 - I'm running Windows 7) in the Drivers of the zip you've provided
  • Go to Settings > Developer Options > Enable USB Debugging
  • Plugged in USB and in the notification/pulldown menu. Choose the USB Mode as MTP.
  • Run option 3 on the 1.7 Utility "Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.4 Root"
  • It says "Waiting for device" and the utility never finds my phone.
  • Rebooted my device/laptop numerous times to no avail. It still hangs at "Waiting for device"
Any ideas? :( Thanks in advance for the help guys....not sure else what to do.

Double check usb debugging. That's usually what wait for device means

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#117 biz_diddy

biz_diddy

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 09:44 AM

Double check usb debugging. That's usually what wait for device means

I've even toggled it a few times...but still no dice.

#118 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 10:28 AM

How to fix the device not found (if the phone is being your problem, and I mean that you have USB Debugging and MTP and/or Camera mode set and drivers installed still not found):
  • Boot into AP Fastboot Mode
  • Choose Option 8 to flash 4.0.3 Boot.img
  • Boot into android normally.
  • Choose Option 4 to root 4.0.3 and root it.
  • Boot into AP Fastboot mode
  • Choose Option 9 to flash 4.0.3 Boot.img

If this still does not work, try another usb port, usb cable, or computer. If even those do not work, then you are out of luck. The linux utility requires no driver installs and might be a better choice for your situation if this does not work.

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#119 biz_diddy

biz_diddy

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 12:33 PM

Well come to find out that the ADB Interface DOES not show up within the Device Manager whenever the Razr is connected to my Windows based machine. This interface does show up for my previous moto devices (Bionic, Droid X) just fine as soon as they are attached using the same cable/same USB port. I now know its NOT the drivers or the USB port/cable. It seems as if even though USB debugging is set to be enabled, it seems as if it not actually on. When I toggle USB debugging, Windows recognizes a change as it does make an audible tone and the MotoCast nonsense pops up....so I'm kind of at a loss.

ADB shell for my previous devices generate a response, while the Razr just gives a "device not found" error. Anyone have any suggestions based on that info? :(

#120 Mr.Rzr

Mr.Rzr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationThe InterWebz

Posted 30 June 2012 - 01:38 PM

got a question for you all. took the official ota today but made sure i had voodoo and did a backup root. installed the ota fine and rooted and all is good. now trying to install bootstrap from the utility and seems like it just gets hung up and doesnt do anything. any ideas. usb debugging is on too

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users