Photo

[Rom] Simplex-V1.3 | Ics4.04 |10/1/2012 | The Revival!

ics roms deodexed init.d modded

• Please log in to reply
1861 replies to this topic

#1321 rickw

rickw

corvette dude

• Administrator
  • 1,951 posts
  • Google+:rickwebb001@gmail.com
  • LocationDelaware
  • Current Device(s):S4 dev edition,moto x dev,Nexus 6

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:48 AM

i mostly use quikpic,but did test gallery,haven't tried a d/l

#1322 srzero

srzero

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts
  • LocationArlington

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:57 AM

OK I've got good news and bad news for you. I know why the script isn't running properly. You're missing a couple of very important lines. I'll post what the script should look like below, but I will tell you unfortunately I don't beleive you've been running this yourself. Without loading the proper kernel module theres no way to control via the script. I modified it as needed and ran your script through both ROMtoolbox and Smanager(script manager). Both result in hard lockup and eventual reboot. My gut feeling is your voltages are extremely low.

WARNING: The following script tested on my personal device causes hard lockup. DO NOT SET TO RUN ON BOOT!!!
as always its your device and no body can be held responsible for what you decide to do!

insmod /system/lib/modules/symsearch.ko
insmod /system/lib/modules/cpu_control.ko
echo 0 300 960> /proc/cpu_control/tweak_cpu
echo 1 600 990 > /proc/cpu_control/tweak_cpu
echo 2 800 1010 > /proc/cpu_control/tweak_cpu
echo 3 1000 1070 > /proc/cpu_control/tweak_cpu
echo 4 1300 1280> /proc/cpu_control/tweak_cpu

its awesome you're digging and experimenting.. but I'd start with a "stock" script and move from there. I personally have scripts that are running 1400+ but they are randomly unstable. Which is why I released the rom with the cpu scripts that it has. They are stable for most devices.

wow, just shows how little I know. Thanks for finding the problem, I felt like I knew what I was doing and would like to apologize for any issues I created. I'll use the script you posted and go from there. On a good note,the excellent battery life I was getting was just your ROM and nothing to do with me. :D

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Make It Your Own

#1323 weaponx

weaponx

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • LocationTX

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:58 AM

what does the stock signal cluster mod look like? Just wondering...Do we need to wipe anything to flash it?
Hey bub, I'm not finished with you yet..... SKNIT!!

#1324 EmericanX

EmericanX

Developer

• Developer
  • 1,027 posts
  • Twitter:@EmericanX
  • LocationPrince George, VA

Posted 02 October 2012 - 11:19 AM

wow, just shows how little I know. Thanks for finding the problem, I felt like I knew what I was doing and would like to apologize for any issues I created. I'll use the script you posted and go from there. On a good note,the excellent battery life I was getting was just your ROM and nothing to do with me.

Lol. You didn't cause any issues. It wouldn't run remember! Haha jk.. had it close. As i said i would start with one of the scripts with the rom and move forward from there. After setting a clock speed via settings you can find the script in init.d

#1325 EmericanX

EmericanX

Developer

• Developer
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 11:20 AM

what does the stock signal cluster mod look like? Just wondering...Do we need to wipe anything to flash it?

It separates the signal strength from the 4g/3g icons.. just as moto had it to begin with.

#1326 trikotret

trikotret

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD

Posted 02 October 2012 - 11:28 AM

Anyone getting lower Quadrant scores with CPU sleep app. Compared to not having it

#1327 prstorero

prstorero

SuperThemerDevGuy

• Developer
  • 838 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 11:29 AM

Anyone getting lower Quadrant scores with CPU sleep app. Compared to not having it

Remember quadrant scores are never reliable. You can't base much off of them. Its very inconsistent

#1328 trikotret

trikotret

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD

Posted 02 October 2012 - 11:31 AM

Remember quadrant scores are never reliable. You can't base much off of them. Its very inconsistent

My scores were higher without app. Maybe the app has an impact.

#1329 GoBears

GoBears

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 11:54 AM

Awesome job again EmericanX. This is my new favorite rom since....Simplex 1.2! One question though. Would it be possible to make a flashable zip with Motos status/signal bar? I really dislike the tiny ICS 3g/4g symbols. If not, thats cool. I was just wondering. Thanks again for a super rom.

GoBears
"Remember, friends don't let friends use IOS."

#1330 EmericanX

EmericanX

Developer

• Developer
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:10 PM

Awesome job again EmericanX. This is my new favorite rom since....Simplex 1.2! One question though. Would it be possible to make a flashable zip with Motos status/signal bar? I really dislike the tiny ICS 3g/4g symbols. If not, thats cool. I was just wondering. Thanks again for a super rom.

GoBears

Check the second post... ;-) its already available

#1331 jmp485

jmp485

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Twitter:jmp485

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:17 PM

Having no luck getting smart actions that are tied to calendar events to activate. This is the second blur-ICS ROM I've had this problem with so its either something goofy with my specific device or with the modded blur framework that was used in both ROMs. If someone else could test this and let me know if they're having a similar issue I would be greatly appreciate it

#1332 rickw

rickw

corvette dude

• Administrator
  • 1,951 posts
  • LocationDelaware

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:29 PM

trik,i had that problem way back using artic,so i quit using cpu sleep

#1333 rickw

rickw

corvette dude

• Administrator
  • 1,951 posts
  • LocationDelaware

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:31 PM

X,just noticed-i wanted signal cluster,but when i flashed it lost my simple batt mod,any way to have both?

#1334 EmericanX

EmericanX

Developer

• Developer
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:35 PM

My guess just on a whim here.

It won't have anything to do with framework. Its more likely the use of the AOSP calendar vs the blur calendar. If you have the stock files available you could swap the 2 calendar related apks out for blur to see if it makes a difference. App cache and data would need wiped in system settings for the calendar after the swap though

#1335 jmp485

jmp485

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Twitter:jmp485

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:45 PM

My guess just on a whim here.

It won't have anything to do with framework. Its more likely the use of the AOSP calendar vs the blur calendar. If you have the stock files available you could swap the 2 calendar related apks out for blur to see if it makes a difference. App cache and data would need wiped in system settings for the calendar after the swap though

Makes sense. I'll try it and report back

#1336 EmericanX

EmericanX

Developer

• Developer
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:46 PM

X,just noticed-i wanted signal cluster,but when i flashed it lost my simple batt mod,any way to have both?

Im guessing you want a different battery icon with the signal cluster mod? I haven't put them together yet. But if you wanted to do it yourself it woulf be easy. Take the SystemUI from the signal cluster and the battery mod that you prefer. Use 7zip to open both. Then just transfer the battery images from one apk to the other. You can decompile the apk just as it were a zip to pin point the file names if needed. After the images are swapped you can...

Adb remount
Adb push NewSystemUI.apk /system/app/SystemUI.apk
Adb reboot

If for some reason you startup without status bar... just push the unmodified SystemUI back. If that does in fact happen.. move the modified apk to you sdcard and use Zip Signer from the play store to sign your modified apk. Then you could just use a root explorer to copy and paste the new SystemUI... which ever way you go... make sure it directly overwrites the current SystemUI.apk... meaning remove Signed or anything else that may be added during the process.

I will be updating all mods appropriately in due time though.

#1337 GoBears

GoBears

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:51 PM

Check the second post... ;-) its already available

Seriously bro, you kick a$$! I have no idea how I missed that but thanks again lol!
  • EmericanX likes this
"Remember, friends don't let friends use IOS."

#1338 jon1833

jon1833

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationSouthwest Michigan

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:56 PM

I just don't understand why I have so much more battery life! This doesn't make sense! Tytytytyty I have every program I always have, running just like always, and my battery is lasting 2-3 times longer than usual. Seriously.
  • EmericanX likes this

#1339 EmericanX

EmericanX

Developer

• Developer
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:08 PM

Seriously bro, you kick a$$! I have no idea how I missed that but thanks again lol!

I will be doing all of the battery option with the Aosp and Stock signal clusters btw.

#1340 rickw

rickw

corvette dude

• Administrator
  • 1,951 posts
  • LocationDelaware

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:09 PM

Im guessing you want a different battery icon with the signal cluster mod? I haven't put them together yet. But if you wanted to do it yourself it woulf be easy. Take the SystemUI from the signal cluster and the battery mod that you prefer. Use 7zip to open both. Then just transfer the battery images from one apk to the other. You can decompile the apk just as it were a zip to pin point the file names if needed. After the images are swapped you can...

Adb remount
Adb push NewSystemUI.apk /system/app/SystemUI.apk
Adb reboot

If for some reason you startup without status bar... just push the unmodified SystemUI back. If that does in fact happen.. move the modified apk to you sdcard and use Zip Signer from the play store to sign your modified apk. Then you could just use a root explorer to copy and paste the new SystemUI... which ever way you go... make sure it directly overwrites the current SystemUI.apk... meaning remove Signed or anything else that may be added during the process.

I will be updating all mods appropriately in due time though.

haha,i'm not a dev,just a zip flasher,i'll wait for you,don't want to mess up great work-Thanks

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ics, roms, deodexed, init.d, modded

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook (1)