Photo

[Rom] Simplex-V1.3 | Ics4.04 |10/1/2012 | The Revival!

ics roms deodexed init.d modded

• Please log in to reply
1861 replies to this topic

#1821 wulf

wulf

Themer

• Superuser
  • 929 posts
  • Twitter:@Wulf_X1
  • LocationMidwest

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:54 AM

BTW folks. I've had a ton of stuff going on in my personal life that has lead to me not having much free time! Two family members have had heart attacks recently so I've spent a good amount of time at hospitals!! I am however making efforts to get a little more free time. As you know I am a member of Team Haters and we are working on stepping it up a tad.. Probably starting on the Gnex but we intend to go full open source!!! There have been and will be more hurdles I'm sure. I really just wanted everyone to know that I haven't fallen off for good! lol.. See you'll around the forums!!

I wish you and your family the best. all we need to hear is you are ok, everything else comes last.

Good luck!!
  • deejay1111 likes this

#1822 EmericanX

EmericanX

Developer

• Developer
  • 1,027 posts
  • Twitter:@EmericanX
  • LocationPrince George, VA

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:34 PM

Thanks guys! They're both doing well considering. But lmao I decided today that I needed to compete with them and get a case of pneumonia!.. it'll all pass... My family is to hardheaded not to lol

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

#1823 Stabone

Stabone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:48 PM

I keep installing new Rom builds every time someone releases them and I always come right back to this one. It's near perfect the way it is. Thanks for the Rom. Hope the family gets better and wishing them the best.

#1824 wyld

wyld

Some Kind Of Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • Google+:rramos729@gmail.com
  • LocationPortage Indiana

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:54 PM

Thanks guys! They're both doing well considering. But lmao I decided today that I needed to compete with them and get a case of pneumonia!.. it'll all pass... My family is to hardheaded not to lol

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Best wishes to the family!! As always best rom ever! Take your time im not flashing a new rom anytime soon. LoL

#1825 fatmando2

fatmando2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:20 AM

Favorite rom I've tried out so far, thanks a lot!

#1826 mdcowby

mdcowby

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 228 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, Maryland
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:06 PM

What are the diffrence in these can someone give me a little info.... I know about the Moto Based what about the MIUI Roms, CM09, CM10, and the AOKP can I use these others on my Razr Maxx

Also how can I change the google calander from black to white.... do I need to change an apk for this I did for gmail but my calander is still the black interface....

#1827 EmericanX

EmericanX

Developer

• Developer
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:11 AM

As you said this is Motorola based. Meaning The official firmware has been modified. Cm, aokp, and other source built ROMs are just that.. Based on Google aosp code. As far as if you can run them or not you should check in with the individual ROM threads to see #1 if there are any bug reports that you can't deal with.. #2 make sure the ROM fits your needs. There is a good selection of ROMs built for the RAZR/RAZR maxx.

As far as the calendar goes the calendar.apk within /system/app has been themed for the black ui.. However Google released the calendar as a market app now so you should be able to just simply install the one from the play store to restore the light ui.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

#1828 mdcowby

mdcowby

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 228 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, Maryland
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:42 AM

As you said this is Motorola based. Meaning The official firmware has been modified. Cm, aokp, and other source built ROMs are just that.. Based on Google aosp code. As far as if you can run them or not you should check in with the individual ROM threads to see #1 if there are any bug reports that you can't deal with.. #2 make sure the ROM fits your needs. There is a good selection of ROMs built for the RAZR/RAZR maxx.

As far as the calendar goes the calendar.apk within /system/app has been themed for the black ui.. However Google released the calendar as a market app now so you should be able to just simply install the one from the play store to restore the light ui.

Thanks........ So would I delete the google calander apk from the phone then grab the one from the market? or can it be over written. again thanks for the info.

As for the best Rom I love this one but I'm finding my battery is draining faster then it first was after having this installed for over two weeks, I never shut down GPS but am going to do that and bring it up as I need it to see if that changes I keep my screen at 50%, I dont know if that could be a drainer I guess I just have to mess with it a bit. Thanks for your time.

EDIT: I got it to change thanks again....

#1829 Jrv331

Jrv331

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • LocationNE Ohio

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:31 AM

There is a "no pull downs" zip posted in the Flick thread to get rid of the pull down toggles, can that be used on your rom?
Thanks

#1830 EmericanX

EmericanX

Developer

• Developer
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:57 PM

Thanks........ So would I delete the google calander apk from the phone then grab the one from the market? or can it be over written. again thanks for the info.

As for the best Rom I love this one but I'm finding my battery is draining faster then it first was after having this installed for over two weeks, I never shut down GPS but am going to do that and bring it up as I need it to see if that changes I keep my screen at 50%, I dont know if that could be a drainer I guess I just have to mess with it a bit. Thanks for your time.

EDIT: I got it to change thanks again....

Sounds good. Glad you got it worked out!

#1831 EmericanX

EmericanX

Developer

• Developer
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:00 PM

There is a "no pull downs" zip posted in the Flick thread to get rid of the pull down toggles, can that be used on your rom?
Thanks

Honestly couldn't tell you. Due to both being blur based I'm assuming it would work. However it would apply theming as the other ROM is. The only way to know for sure is make a backup and flash! ;-) again.. It should but I can't promise!

#1832 dubsx

dubsx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 400 posts
  • Twitter:dubs_x
  • LocationThe OH

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:45 PM

Honestly couldn't tell you. Due to both being blur based I'm assuming it would work. However it would apply theming as the other ROM is. The only way to know for sure is make a backup and flash! ;-) again.. It should but I can't promise!

why would you NOT want notification toggles? lol I'm so confused

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Posted Image

#1833 BytecodeMe

BytecodeMe

Private Pile

• Superuser
  • 2,004 posts
  • Twitter:@BytecodeMe
  • LocationSan Diego, California
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 4, Droid Razr Maxx HD

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:51 PM

why would you NOT want notification toggles? lol I'm so confused

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Probably to use a 3rd party app such as Notification Toggles or Widgetsoid for them.

Pretty sure it would work as well.

byte3plusrainbowsmallllllllller.png

#1834 Jrv331

Jrv331

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • LocationNE Ohio

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:01 AM

Probably to use a 3rd party app such as Notification Toggles or Widgetsoid for them.

Pretty sure it would work as well.

Yep, I use widgetsoid and it lets me put as many toggles as I want and exactly the ones I want. When put in to the syatem/app folder it gives me all the control I need the toggle to do. Its a pretty good app.

I flip between this rom and Flick, I have used the moded keyboard from here on Flick and the no pulldown script from Flick on simplex with no problems at all.

Have any of your battery mods been adjusted to run on this version yet?

#1835 ajc1616

ajc1616

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:43 AM

I love the rom it is awesome! I am currently on .211 with simplex and I want to update to .215. I know I will have to temp unroot. Do I have to go in to safestrap turn off safe mode boot back in to stock, unroot, reboot in to recovery and install?

Thanks

#1836 usmcamgrimm

usmcamgrimm

Berserker

• Developer
  • 958 posts
  • Twitter:@usmcamgrimm
  • LocationMassillon, OH
  • Current Device(s):VZW G3

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:32 AM

Loving the Revival...awesome work!

Exodus-Sig%204.png

#1837 Kwazzy

Kwazzy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Twitter:@kwazzynuts
  • Google+:kwazzy
  • LocationVirginia Beach, VA
  • Current Device(s):RAZR MAXX HD

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:34 AM

Quite possibru, the most stable ROM i've tried. So Lightweight and fast!! When the new one coming out? ;)
IT2 (AW) US Navy - Android <3'er

#1838 Jrv331

Jrv331

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • LocationNE Ohio

Posted 22 December 2012 - 10:45 AM

When the new one coming out? ;)

+1

#1839 doby-nut

doby-nut

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 11:25 AM

When's the new update coming?
+1

+1

#1840 TehMarzVolta

TehMarzVolta

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:29 PM

Never mind my data problem. After posting it occurred for me to check the data enabled option. I don't know why it was toggled off on flash.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ics, roms, deodexed, init.d, modded

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users