Photo

[Rom] Simplex-V1.3 | Ics4.04 |10/1/2012 | The Revival!

ics roms deodexed init.d modded

• Please log in to reply
1861 replies to this topic

#1841 dunttt

dunttt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts
  • Twitter:dunttt
  • Google+:jon36m@gmail.com
  • LocationChicago IL
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx

Posted 23 December 2012 - 01:49 AM

Quite possibru, the most stable ROM i've tried. So Lightweight and fast!! When the new one coming out? ;)

+1

#1842 djholograf

djholograf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
  • LocationSouthern California
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid RAZR XT912

Posted 23 December 2012 - 04:37 PM

EmericanX....you win my vote man. I'm new at flashing ROMs, and I've test driven a few already. Others I won't even give consideration at the moment. In the past few days, I've been SS Flash happy and have flashed Axiomcs Dream Killer (JB), Evolution 5.1, Simplex, Flick, and ArcticHD...and I must say...the simplex is the most light weight and fastest one out of the bunch. Flick and Evo are neck and neck when it comes to 2nd place. My problem with those is a couple of 'small' issues when it comes to play store permissions and youtube sign in. Other than that, they are pretty solid as well. ArcticHD was nice, but too much for what I'm personally looking for at this time. And as for the JB Rom...well...I don't think I like JB yet. It was fun to play with, but I'm not a fan of the buggy system and things that don't all work. So with that...Simplex is what I can see myself using as my alternate ROM to the stock ROM...I'll be using Simplex as my daily driver and can't wait to see what EmericanX does to improve an already lightweight, fully functional, and fast ROM. :)
  • EmericanX likes this

#1843 djholograf

djholograf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 10:52 PM

So to update...still loving this ROM. It's awesome...but I have noticed that the battery seems to drain a little faster than I'm used to and I'm doing anything extensive on the phone at any given time. One other thing I was wanting to ask if if there was going to be an update on the gapps...mostly the email app. Seems to have a lot of functionality I was used to having on the stock ROM.

#1844 aaron1006

aaron1006

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 04:01 PM

I can't get data to work since I flashed it :(

#1845 djholograf

djholograf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 03:42 AM

So after all is said and done...I lasted on the Simplex ROM for just a couple of days. I loved it! But my reason for leaving is simply because I had to get the JB update. So here I am with Jelly Bean running super smooth...and the problems I've dealt with in the JB custom ROMS don't exist! Camera works WITH FLASH. I can send MMS. Screen rotates great...and best of all...I'M STILL ROOTED thanks to mattlgroff. So with that. Thanks for all you did EmericanX, but I'm stuck in Jelly Bean land now. We need some JB Devs now ;)

#1846 BytecodeMe

BytecodeMe

Private Pile

• Superuser
  • 2,004 posts
  • Twitter:@BytecodeMe
  • LocationSan Diego, California
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 4, Droid Razr Maxx HD

Posted 25 December 2012 - 09:26 AM

So after all is said and done...I lasted on the Simplex ROM for just a couple of days. I loved it! But my reason for leaving is simply because I had to get the JB update. So here I am with Jelly Bean running super smooth...and the problems I've dealt with in the JB custom ROMS don't exist! Camera works WITH FLASH. I can send MMS. Screen rotates great...and best of all...I'M STILL ROOTED thanks to mattlgroff. So with that. Thanks for all you did EmericanX, but I'm stuck in Jelly Bean land now. We need some JB Devs now ;)

Hashcode gotta release his base, can't flash a ROM through without the updater-script. The part we really need is the symlinks and permissions, most devs can write the rest.

byte3plusrainbowsmallllllllller.png

#1847 aksaunders

aksaunders

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:21 AM

Did you get the OTA for Jellybean? Also, did you use Voodoo Rootkeeper to keep root?

#1848 Brad92

Brad92

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 624 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 26 December 2012 - 08:14 AM

Did you get the OTA for Jellybean? Also, did you use Voodoo Rootkeeper to keep root?

Use Voodoo Root keeper and the Matt's new utility.

#1849 tuarmeN

tuarmeN

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 08:59 AM

alright big question. are we going to see simplex based on jelly bean that just leaked? Love this ROM and I'm tempted to take the jump to JB.

#1850 greek6486

greek6486

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 209 posts
  • Twitter:@greek6486
  • LocationMaryland
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 26 December 2012 - 01:49 PM

Emerican, any plans on updating simplex to the new JB base?

#1851 djholograf

djholograf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:37 PM

Sorry for the late response. You got this answered already though. Matt's utility has the ota rootkeeper. Read his thread about keeping root after the job update. You've already probably done this though, since everyone had been jb happy since the leak.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#1852 EmericanX

EmericanX

Developer

• Developer
  • 1,027 posts
  • Twitter:@EmericanX
  • LocationPrince George, VA

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:00 AM

thanks for all the great feedback folks! I hate to break it to you... but I had an altercation with my Maxx. So I no longer have a device to work on. However Sparkyman I beleive is working on a JB based rom! As you'll know he and I have been working together on alot of things so definitely expect great things to come! I can say that there will not be an update to Simplex ICS unfortunately.. Time will tell if there will be a Jelly bean build.

#1853 tuarmeN

tuarmeN

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:18 AM

thanks for all the great feedback folks! I hate to break it to you... but I had an altercation with my Maxx. So I no longer have a device to work on. However Sparkyman I beleive is working on a JB based rom! As you'll know he and I have been working together on alot of things so definitely expect great things to come! I can say that there will not be an update to Simplex ICS unfortunately.. Time will tell if there will be a Jelly bean build.

drops to knees... points arms in air... screams NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

seriously though thanks for all the support on the ICS build. Looking forward to new things!

#1854 weaponx

weaponx

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • LocationTX

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:01 PM

. Damn! I knew this day would come but always dreaded it...Simplex is simply awesome... Please make Simplex JB, or SimpleBean with the transparent touch...freaking awesome...
Hey bub, I'm not finished with you yet..... SKNIT!!

#1855 djholograf

djholograf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:57 PM

. Damn! I knew this day would come but always dreaded it...Simplex is simply awesome... Please make Simplex JB, or SimpleBean with the transparent touch...freaking awesome...

I'm glad I was able to have my brief encounter with the simplex rom. It was on fast pace to being my daily driver... And then jb came along. Thanks emericanx.

#1856 usmcamgrimm

usmcamgrimm

Berserker

• Developer
  • 958 posts
  • Twitter:@usmcamgrimm
  • LocationMassillon, OH
  • Current Device(s):VZW G3

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:02 PM

Simplex was the very first ICS ROM I flashed. would love to see a JB Simplex!

Exodus-Sig%204.png

#1857 mdcowby

mdcowby

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 228 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, Maryland
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:12 AM

I was loving this rom but it started to get screwy on me from time to time battery would play lets have a good day then a bad day phone would lag I reinstalled it a few time hoping it would fix the issue now reading thats it for this rom kinda sad but going to try this revolution out now only thing is I dont think it has google now can I use the google now from this I dont know how to go about it, anyways great work here guys like I said had this in my phone for a long time but things would go a bit wacky for me. I dont think I am going to change over to the JB sounds like way to many bugs for me to deal with so I will stay with ICS. hey if anyone knows how to get the google now into another rom that does not have it would love to know how to do it...

#1858 Brad92

Brad92

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 624 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:50 PM

I ran Simplex for months. Best running ROM I had on my phone. No lag or any hangups. I was really hoping to get a JB version.

#1859 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:18 AM

Question With ROMs...why Is Jelly Bean such a big deal...ran JB & ICS...thought both were Awesome...

The Dev's would know which is better to work with...For Me...Both are Nice

Its Bubba
~Stubborn In Your Bones ~

Its Bubba...."Stubborn In Your Bones"

#1860 dinofanatic

dinofanatic

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:17 PM

Fantastic ROM! Installed a couple days ago and it's been running great...except yesterday the dialer/contacts decided to stop working. The icons are still there, but whenever I try and open them a little message pops up saying the app isn't installed. Any idea what happened and/or how to fix?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ics, roms, deodexed, init.d, modded

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users