Photo

Black Widow ICS ([6.16.214 ROM]) 9/4/2012

Deodexed Zipaligned 214 Based ICS 4.0.4 CDMA Dark Droid Spyder RAZR/MAXX ICS-leak compatible

• Please log in to reply
823 replies to this topic

#801 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:29 PM

thanks man i really appreciate that. i tried to find it but i guess i was looking in the wrong areas.

heh, no worries~ hope you found what you was lookin for. .. B)
  • littlebigarm likes this

"A truly blacked out experience"

Posted Image

[XT912 |[(BLACKWIDOWICS 214)] | [(BLACKWIDOWICS AOKP/CM9)] | [(BLACKWIDOWJB AOKP/CM10/CNA)] | [(wWIDOWICS 214)] | |[(BLACKWIDOWHDish)]| XT912]

[XT926 |[(BLACKWIDOWHD|wWIDOWHD)]| XT926]

#802 Mojo_69

Mojo_69

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:00 AM

I've been running CM9 based Black Widow for a couple of months, and i really love it. But it's been a bit buggy as of late so i decided to upgrade to a more stable build, which this sounds like.

I'm on a GSM XT910 Razr MAXX. Can't remember if i used the GSM Patch last time, but since i can't find any reference to "GSM" in this thread i'm wondering if i'm even able to run this build?

Would really apriciate if anyone could help me out..

-Mojo_69

#803 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:09 AM

I've been running CM9 based Black Widow for a couple of months, and i really love it. But it's been a bit buggy as of late so i decided to upgrade to a more stable build, which this sounds like.

I'm on a GSM XT910 Razr MAXX. Can't remember if i used the GSM Patch last time, but since i can't find any reference to "GSM" in this thread i'm wondering if i'm even able to run this build?

Would really apriciate if anyone could help me out..

-Mojo_69

I am not familiar with GSM.. as this is intended for the CDMA Verizon version of the XT912. You can research on XDA if you need the gsm patch or not.. they have a thread set up showing all the roms they have a patch for.. thread.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

[GSM] GSM Patch for CDMA ROMs (WORKING)

Sent from my DROID SPYDER using Tapatalk 2

Posted Image

[XT912 |[(BLACKWIDOWICS 214)] | [(BLACKWIDOWICS AOKP/CM9)] | [(BLACKWIDOWJB AOKP/CM10/CNA)] | [(wWIDOWICS 214)] | |[(BLACKWIDOWHDish)]| XT912]

#804 Mojo_69

Mojo_69

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:11 AM

I am not familiar with GSM.. as this is intended for the CDMA Verizon version of the XT912. You can research on XDA if you need the gsm patch or not.. they have a thread set up showing all the roms they have a patch for.. thread.

[GSM] GSM Patch for CDMA ROMs (WORKING)

I tried the GSM Patch for this, and one for Eclipse. I got either a Sim Card Unknown, or com.android.phone stopped working error. Decided to try Eclipse 1.5.1, it might be more compatible.

#805 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:35 AM

I tried the GSM Patch for this, and one for Eclipse. I got either a Sim Card Unknown, or com.android.phone stopped working error. Decided to try Eclipse 1.5.1, it might be more compatible.

ok well keep in mind, these are CDMA ROMs not GSM. ..

Posted Image

#806 Mojo_69

Mojo_69

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:46 AM

ok well keep in mind, these are CDMA ROMs not GSM. ..

Ofcourse, but trying is important :) I found a GSM port of Eclipse 1.5 for use with BootMenu.. But i guess i've been a little scared by the touch display in Safestrap 3.05. But having like 4 custom ROMs beside my Stock rom, is just too good to pass by. Gonna try installing Eclipse 1.5.1 CDMA version, then the Eclipse GSM patch, then a china baseband rom and finally a new kernel.
If the instructions i wrote to myself last night are valid :)
Spent alot of hours researching my best possible options and these are the files i came up with:

Razr-EclipseICS-v1.5.1.zip or GSM-Razr-EclipseICS-v1.5.zip
^ eclipse_gsm_patch.zip
Radio_ICS-U_04.10.03P_dtrail.zip
Kernel 672.180.41.XT910.NonEFIGSRetail.en.EU.rar

hmm.. just noticed that kernel is a .rar i wonder if Safestrap and/or Bootmenu will recognize that as a valid package file.

EDIT:

Install guide on kernel:

#807 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:00 AM

ok... again. This isnt a thread for GSM devices or trouble shooting. This is for CDMA, Verizon. and this is BW, not eclipse. but best of luck to you and your flashing.....

Posted Image

#808 jamminjon82

jamminjon82

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 610 posts
  • Twitter:@jamminjon82
  • LocationGloucester, VA
  • Current Device(s):LG G2, Moto X, Kindle Fire 2,Razr M, Nexus 7, Acer A100

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:30 AM

ok... again. This isnt a thread for GSM devices or trouble shooting. This is for CDMA, Verizon. and this is BW, not eclipse. but best of luck to you and your flashing.....

I keep trying to flash this on my BlackBerry storm 2 and I'm getting nothing. any ideas?

#809 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:35 AM

I keep trying to flash this on my BlackBerry storm 2 and I'm getting nothing. any ideas?

fresh outta ideas :ph34r:

Posted Image

#810 Mojo_69

Mojo_69

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:39 AM

Just a shot in the dark, but if you try converting the rom in the BootMenu application, and then flash the converted rom in BootMenu Recovery.. Seen quite a few people this worked for. But search for information yourself, a solution is bound to be out there.

#811 JJT211

JJT211

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans, LA
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:05 AM

Im having trouble getting Fox Fi to run on this ROM...runs fine on others. Any suggestions?

#812 sixstrings78

sixstrings78

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:43 AM

SQLite will enable the hotspot app for you. Download it from the market and there are instructions you can search for that shows you how to enable it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#813 SpyderMan

SpyderMan

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 25 December 2012 - 06:45 PM

I like the Black Widow theme, but I'm having a hard time reading some posts & emails that contain quotes p/c the contrast of the rom makes it hard to read... is there any way to get a non-inverted / or non-blackened gmail apk; or anything else I can do to make my gmail more readable?

tia,

Sent fm my Eclipse'd XT912 using Xparent Tapatalk Blue 2
Posted Image

Sig Created by Thach

#814 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 26 December 2012 - 02:31 AM

I like the Black Widow theme, but I'm having a hard time reading some posts & emails that contain quotes p/c the contrast of the rom makes it hard to read... is there any way to get a non-inverted / or non-blackened gmail apk; or anything else I can do to make my gmail more readable?

tia,

Sent fm my Eclipse'd XT912 using Xparent Tapatalk Blue 2

file manager = delete, the apks from system/app dir and reboot.. then download from Play..

Sent from my RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2™

Posted Image

#815 SpyderMan

SpyderMan

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 26 December 2012 - 02:41 AM

andlaw, thanks for your reply,

pls forgive this request for clarification- if it was just a typo…

delete the apk_s_? I'm thinking it is just the gmail.apk - are there any other(s) I should be deleting & restoring?

tia
Posted Image

Sig Created by Thach

#816 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 26 December 2012 - 02:49 AM

andlaw, thanks for your reply,

pls forgive this request for clarification- if it was just a typo…

delete the apk_s_? I'm thinking it is just the gmail.apk - are there any other(s) I should be deleting & restoring?

tia

yes just the gmail.apk

Sent from my RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2™

Posted Image

#817 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:03 AM

This ROM is Awesome...

Its Bubba
Stubborn In Your Bones
  • andlaw likes this

Its Bubba...."Stubborn In Your Bones"

#818 Daveronline

Daveronline

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Google+:daveronline
  • LocationATTICA, ATTICA, ATTICA NY
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:54 AM

Hello

Its been awhile. I have been running this ROM since August or so with no issues. I have been busy on other things and have not really been up to speed on the android world. I was wondering should I update from ICS to the latest then re-root or is this Rom still just as good on ics?

#819 barkleyfan

barkleyfan

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:50 AM

I run HDish on jb. Solid ROM.

• andlaw likes this

#820 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:55 AM

Hello

Its been awhile. I have been running this ROM since August or so with no issues. I have been busy on other things and have not really been up to speed on the android world. I was wondering should I update from ICS to the latest then re-root or is this Rom still just as good on ics?

best bet, is to not do the upgrade to JB., just use the ROM compatibility tool to flash a JB kernel, and then run a JB ROM so you don't forfeit the ability to run both ICS and JB ROMs. just my 2¢

however, I will say, this ROM is good, but jellybean does offer some cool features and everything (more or less) is better themed and updated in my HDish ROM. either way, they both are stable running ROMs. :ph34r:

Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk 2
  • Daveronline likes this

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Deodexed, Zipaligned, 214 Based, ICS 4.0.4, CDMA, Dark Droid Spyder, RAZR/MAXX, ICS-leak compatible

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users