93 replies to this topic

#21 rooteduser

rooteduser

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 01:11 PM

i get a black screen now on reboot. i followed install instructions.

EDIT: Had to disable safestrap in recovery to reboot the phone back up.

EDIT: Im a little lost here. I never used safestarp before so its new to me. I did all the steps and had to disable safestrap because i was stuck in recovery and the phone woould not reboot. what did i do wrong here ?

#22 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 July 2012 - 01:39 PM

i get a black screen now on reboot. i followed install instructions.

EDIT: Had to disable safestrap in recovery to reboot the phone back up.

EDIT: Im a little lost here. I never used safestarp before so its new to me. I did all the steps and had to disable safestrap because i was stuck in recovery and the phone woould not reboot. what did i do wrong here ?

Did you have your phone plugged in?
Did you have busybox installed?

#23 rooteduser

rooteduser

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 01:41 PM

wasnt plugged in. busybox i dont think i had that installed

#24 idelgado782

idelgado782

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 01:56 PM

I had this issue too. Download and install Busybox from Play and rerun the recovery install.

thank you so much for replying and providing me with the answer! That was exactly what the problem was. I went to the market installed buysbox, went into the app and hit install. Installed safestrap and immediately saw that recovery was installing as it should. I reboot my phone and the safestrap option came up!!! I appreciate the quick response!

#25 Mr.Rzr

Mr.Rzr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationThe InterWebz

Posted 01 July 2012 - 01:57 PM

oh ok cool! so how do i go back to my safe system and restore stock?

Do I just restore the back up that was made when switching to safe system? There is a safe file in the restore option but not sure

#26 rooteduser

rooteduser

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 02:47 PM

ok i installed busybox and everything redid all the steps and still end up to a black screen upon reboot.

#27 wyld

wyld

Some Kind Of Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • Google+:rramos729@gmail.com
  • LocationPortage Indiana

Posted 01 July 2012 - 02:55 PM

ok i installed busybox and everything redid all the steps and still end up to a black screen upon reboot.

did you flash a rom after you enable safe system ? if not ? and you boot up with safe system enabled you get a black screen cuz you have nothing to boot into.

#28 rooteduser

rooteduser

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 03:01 PM

hahaha thanks wyld. like i said this safestrap is new to me. thanks again im all good now. im still un sure about how it works.

#29 wyld

wyld

Some Kind Of Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 845 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 03:09 PM

hahaha thanks wyld. like i said this safestrap is new to me. thanks again im all good now. im still un sure about how it works.

Understood! lol I'm new to using SafeStrap my self i have always been so used to using BootStrap. I'm still learning my self. But I'm not a noob to rooting and flashing so SafeStrap instruction come fairly easy for me ? lol

#30 rooteduser

rooteduser

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 03:19 PM

ya i know how to flash and all that to this setup just seems a little confusing.

#31 wyld

wyld

Some Kind Of Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 845 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 03:43 PM

ya i know how to flash and all that to this setup just seems a little confusing.

Yes it is a few more steps and i bit more time consuming than BootStrap. But a hell of alot safer! If you flash something bad and screw up something. you can just disable safe system and boot right back into your non-safe side.And have a working phone that quick.

#32 Mr.Rzr

Mr.Rzr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationThe InterWebz

Posted 01 July 2012 - 03:52 PM

Yes it is a few more steps and i bit more time consuming than BootStrap. But a hell of alot safer! If you flash something bad and screw up something. you can just disable safe system and boot right back into your non-safe side.And have a working phone that quick.

Do you happen to know where I flash my stock ota? Is it just in restore? In the restore option there is a file called safe that I could do but I'm not sure if that's it

#33 wyld

wyld

Some Kind Of Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 845 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 03:56 PM

Do you happen to know where I flash my stock ota? Is it just in restore? In the restore option there is a file called safe that I could do but I'm not sure if that's it

are you asking how to toggle back to your non-safe side ?

#34 Mr.Rzr

Mr.Rzr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationThe InterWebz

Posted 01 July 2012 - 04:10 PM

are you asking how to toggle back to your non-safe side ?

No I know how to do that I just want to go back to my stock backup but I don't know how to

#35 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 July 2012 - 04:15 PM

No I know how to do that I just want to go back to my stock backup but I don't know how to

Disable safe system

Sent from my DROID SPYDER using Tapatalk 2

#36 Mr.Rzr

Mr.Rzr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationThe InterWebz

Posted 01 July 2012 - 04:49 PM

Disable safe system

Sent from my DROID SPYDER using Tapatalk 2

So just disable safe system and restore the backup? When you first enable safe system does it make a backup of your stock?

#37 Droid2drummer

Droid2drummer

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Twitter:@imanotemaker
  • Google+:robertclarkga@gmail.com
  • LocationWarner Robins GA

Posted 01 July 2012 - 04:55 PM

So just disable safe system and restore the backup? When you first enable safe system does it make a backup of your stock?

Actually yes it does. The backup is always a good idea though as many people like to run two separate ROMs ..one flashed on safe, the other on unsafe. The real idea here is when you flash you always have a way back...most cases that is.
This is my new signature. Its quite unique and Witty!
Tapped and told, Motorola Droid Razr....Minimized;)

#38 Mr.Rzr

Mr.Rzr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationThe InterWebz

Posted 01 July 2012 - 09:00 PM

Actually yes it does. The backup is always a good idea though as many people like to run two separate ROMs ..one flashed on safe, the other on unsafe. The real idea here is when you flash you always have a way back...most cases that is.
This is my new signature. Its quite unique and Witty!
Tapped and told, Motorola Droid Razr....Minimized;)

cool thanks! shoot when trying to disable safe system i get this (error while making a backup image of /data!) and still saying that safe system is enabled. any ideas about that?

#39 ka1z0ku

ka1z0ku

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 12:59 PM

Couple questions: first, my "safe system" is stock 211 and my custom ROM is KOA. How do I boot into stock instead of custom? And secondly, is there a way to wipe out the custom ROM and go back to stock or will I have to fastboot/unbrick?

Sent from my Koa RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#40 wyld

wyld

Some Kind Of Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 845 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 01:04 PM

Couple questions: first, my "safe system" is stock 211 and my custom ROM is KOA. How do I boot into stock instead of custom? And secondly, is there a way to wipe out the custom ROM and go back to stock or will I have to fastboot/unbrick?

Sent from my Koa RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Disable safe system

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users