#101 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 10 August 2012 - 05:32 AM

You can dissect my eclipse mod and compare what's in there too

I'm losing my mind with this, lol. Because there are so many icons in the original systemui that my phone never uses. Like wimaxx and some other ones I've never even seen. LOL...imma get to the bottom of this

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#102 superrelaxx

superrelaxx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 921 posts
  • Twitter:jasNwa
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 10 August 2012 - 06:18 AM

I'm losing my mind with this, lol. Because there are so many icons in the original systemui that my phone never uses. Like wimaxx and some other ones I've never even seen. LOL...imma get to the bottom of this

I noticed that too. I think these folders contain standard images for all phones, whether they are used or not.
  • tucstwo likes this

#103 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 10 August 2012 - 07:04 AM

well, here it goes again. This time, I pulled the png's from your eclipse file instead of the stock deodex 215 I have here. I erased my systemui.apk, then put in my modded one, i changed permissions to 644, rebooted...caught recovery and wiped caches and NO GODDAMN NOTIFICATION BAR!!!! ARGFGS>skdlfujweio'. I give up. I give up

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!

#104 EmericanX

EmericanX

Developer

• Developer
  • 1,027 posts
  • Twitter:@EmericanX
  • LocationPrince George, VA

Posted 10 August 2012 - 07:13 AM

Have you signed the modded systemui? Especially important if you're wiping cache. Sounds like what's going on is its failing signature verification during boot so it gets kicked out and not used.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  • tucstwo likes this

#105 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 10 August 2012 - 07:25 AM

Have you signed the modded systemui? Especially important if you're wiping cache. Sounds like what's going on is its failing signature verification during boot so it gets kicked out and not used.

I thought you didnt need to sign system apks?
Maybe Ill sign it this time for good measure

#106 EmericanX

EmericanX

Developer

• Developer
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 07:30 AM

I thought you didnt need to sign system apks?
Maybe Ill sign it this time for good measure

Well what happens if you don't sign is upon a cache wipe the system starts to rebuild during boot. If the app is not signed it will fail...

• tucstwo likes this

#107 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 10 August 2012 - 07:30 AM

I noticed that too. I think these folders contain standard images for all phones, whether they are used or not.

Well, I found one thing out. I was trying to change the data icons to a systemui.apk that was already modded with a 1% battery. I guess my icon changes were conflicting with something in that 1% deal? I know superrlaxx was able to do it. He also has a bit more experience than me doing this. I Guess, I'll make my own 1% battery and icon mod for this rom and try again.

I didn't however sign this apk and it worked find on a freshly installed Simplex. Are we sure signing is needed for this?

#108 xlightwaverx

xlightwaverx

CrackFlasher

• Superuser
  • 409 posts
  • Twitter:xlightwaverx
  • LocationEast Coast
  • Current Device(s):XT912, Kindle Fire HD

Posted 10 August 2012 - 07:33 AM

You have to at least dump your changes that were made back into the original apk that has the signature.

That tip came straight from andlaw :)

X

• tucstwo likes this

GTalk/Email: xlightwaverx[@]gmail.com | Android Development | CrackFlasher Downloads
x4_logo.png.pagespeed.ic.voMTetxHpH.png

#109 EmericanX

EmericanX

Developer

• Developer
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 07:34 AM

Well, I found one thing out. I was trying to change the data icons to a systemui.apk that was already modded with a 1% battery. I guess my icon changes were conflicting with something in that 1% deal? I know superrlaxx was able to do it. He also has a bit more experience than me doing this. I Guess, I'll make my own 1% battery and icon mod for this rom and try again.

I didn't however sign this apk and it worked find on a freshly installed Simplex. Are we sure signing is needed for this?

I couldn't tell you without actually seeing what's going on and running a logcat. I can tell you that every app that I distribute is signed!..

• tucstwo likes this

#110 EmericanX

EmericanX

Developer

• Developer
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 07:36 AM

You have to at least dump your changes that were made back into the original apk that has the signature.

That tip came straight from andlaw

X

Yep. That will work as well in some cases to keep the original signature in place.

• tucstwo likes this

#111 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 10 August 2012 - 07:40 AM

That tip came straight from andlaw :)

X

I couldn't tell you without actually seeing what's going on and running a logcat. I can tell you that every app that I distribute is signed!..

I am using the original systemui.apk. (the one I pull from the rom, then edit it and push it back)
I'm gonna sign everything then from now on, just to be covered.

#112 superrelaxx

superrelaxx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 921 posts
  • Twitter:jasNwa
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 10 August 2012 - 07:40 AM

I worked off an existing flashable battery mod for the script and never signed the apk. I don't wipe cache either.I do start with my existing systemui.apk and framework-res.apk to make changes to.

I'll add that i always decompile the systemui.apk, make changes, then compile. If something is wrong, it'll error out. Perhaps this would be a better method as the errors will help you figure out what's wrong.
  • tucstwo likes this

#113 xlightwaverx

xlightwaverx

CrackFlasher

• Superuser
  • 409 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 10 August 2012 - 07:43 AM

You pulled it with the reg apktool and then copied that folder over to the new icsapktool, edited, built, then copied changes back into original apk?

X

• tucstwo likes this

GTalk/Email: xlightwaverx[@]gmail.com | Android Development | CrackFlasher Downloads

#114 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 10 August 2012 - 07:45 AM

Yep. That will work as well in some cases to keep the original signature in place.

Here's what I'm gonna attempt, because Id like to use the gradient battery mod for your rom, but I want to add the original blur data icons. So I'm gonna flash the gradient bat mod to simplex. Then I'm gonna pull systemui from my phone. Then, using 7zip, I'm gonna dump the blur data icons into the apk. I will sign it, push it back, double check permissions and reboot. Then cross fingers. lol

#115 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 10 August 2012 - 07:47 AM

You pulled it with the reg apktool and then copied that folder over to the new icsapktool, edited, built, then copied changes back into original apk?

X

no, as superrlaxx said, I can just edit basic pngs with 7zip. Where can I get the icsapktool? Because I have the og apktool but nothing recompiles for me, I always get errors. I can decompile fine. I did an IF for framework-res, blur-res and moto-res, so that's not the problem. But I also didnt know there were 2 apktools. I'm kind of a noob when it comes to themeing.

#116 EmericanX

EmericanX

Developer

• Developer
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 07:48 AM

Oh btw... the unsigned apk will work as long as cache is not wiped. I can promise you that!

But i spent alot of time digging into this issue. I wanted to make sure if need be... whom ever was running it could wipe data/cache and not boot to a loss of status bar... lol.

• tucstwo likes this

#117 xlightwaverx

xlightwaverx

CrackFlasher

• Superuser
  • 409 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 10 August 2012 - 07:49 AM

no, as superrlaxx said, I can just edit basic pngs with 7zip. Where can I get the icsapktool? Because I have the og apktool but nothing recompiles for me, I always get errors. I can decompile fine. I did an IF for framework-res, blur-res and moto-res, so that's not the problem. But I also didnt know there were 2 apktools. I'm kind of a noob when it comes to themeing.

Hicks wrote a post about this. Its in the OP. It's not working because you are using the wrong build tool.

X

• tucstwo likes this

#118 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 10 August 2012 - 07:53 AM

Hicks wrote a post about this. Its in the OP. It's not working because you are using the wrong build tool.

X

Yeah, I figured as much. So you can copy the decompiled apk over to this new tool, and recompile cleanly then? I'm gonna check it out. Thank you

#119 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 10 August 2012 - 07:54 AM

I did it, I'll post it up to share after I make a flashable zip. I owe you all credit as well. Thanks for the help!

Thank you thank you thank you guys! Very much.

#120 EmericanX

EmericanX

Developer

• Developer
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 07:56 AM

I did it, I'll post it up to share after I make a flashable zip. I owe you all credit as well. Thanks for the help!

Thank you thank you thank you guys! Very much.

What did the problem end up being so that others that are interested in taking the dive may learn from this.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users