Joshuamink

xt907er

• Superuser
  • 92 posts
  • Twitter:@joshmink
  • LocationOHIO
  • Current Device(s):DROID RAZR M

Posted 10 November 2013 - 01:08 PM

Let me just say, this is awesome. I downloaded the 4.4 stuff and was using the launcher, velvet.apk, and google keyboard 2 on 4.3, and aesthetically, it looked very kit-kat. still great to have the real thing. The thing I am worried about is with having the constant "ok google" listening, without a dedicated, low clocked core, like moto x, or droid ultra, I'm afraid it will drain batt quickly, but as Android super users, we have to do something ourselves sometimes, install greenify, install One Power guard. change your kernel setting, govs, and i/o. Battery life is going to be rough, I'd say. Do the things you can to help. also, I'd love a cm11 beta.

#62 jvasquezhhi

jvasquezhhi

Frankensteiner

• Developer
  • 330 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr M (XT907) Retail (unlocked)

Posted 10 November 2013 - 02:03 PM

ok after heavy use as Wifi-AP im happy to announce that it lasted longer than i hoped for. i fully charged and unplugged turned on Wifi tethering and watch 3 movies on my computer.  not overheating it was just great. not sure if it counts as heavy use as if i was playing a high graphics game on phone but that would have to be someone else testing. i will be doing some regular use testing and see how that goes. and i will edit tomorrow

Screenshot_2013-11-10-17-26-47.png

Cool-Timeline-Covers.jpg

#63 syed0120

syed0120

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 02:17 PM

Does anyone see slight 'lag' present like on the 4.3 Roms? I wonder if it is a hardware issue or just because this is an alpha. Either way, Dhacker been doing this for some many legacy Moto devices, much respect.

#64 jvasquezhhi

jvasquezhhi

Frankensteiner

• Developer
  • 330 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 02:57 PM

Does anyone see slight 'lag' present like on the 4.3 Roms? I wonder if it is a hardware issue or just because this is an alpha. Either way, Dhacker been doing this for some many legacy Moto devices, much respect.

No lag on my phone.

Cool-Timeline-Covers.jpg

#65 jvasquezhhi

jvasquezhhi

Frankensteiner

• Developer
  • 330 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 03:02 PM

ok guys based on a previous post i made

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

i have modded the .xml file to fix the front facing recording on this build. as right now recording with front camera does not work but  by just simply flashing this mod you will be able to record video.

• Download file from

• Reboot into recovery
  • Make a back up (in case things go wrong but shouldn't)
  • flash file just downloaded
  • no need to wipe anything
  • reboot
  • enjoy
  • hit like if worked for you

Cool-Timeline-Covers.jpg

#66 sloosecannon

sloosecannon

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr M, Google Asus Nexus 7, Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Posted 10 November 2013 - 04:05 PM

For the record, battery life is awesome for me at least. Gone a whole day and it's at 79%

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

#67 shiftman

shiftman

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Current Device(s):droid x

Posted 10 November 2013 - 04:07 PM

Let me just say, this is awesome. I downloaded the 4.4 stuff and was using the launcher, velvet.apk, and google keyboard 2 on 4.3, and aesthetically, it looked very kit-kat. still great to have the real thing. The thing I am worried about is with having the constant "ok google" listening, without a dedicated, low clocked core, like moto x, or droid ultra, I'm afraid it will drain batt quickly, but as Android super users, we have to do something ourselves sometimes, install greenify, install One Power guard. change your kernel setting, govs, and i/o. Battery life is going to be rough, I'd say. Do the things you can to help. also, I'd love a cm11 beta.

Speaking of the okay Google listening, you can turn off the hotword detection in Google settings and you'll see longer battery life now that it doesn't constantly listen. Hope this helps

#68 sloosecannon

sloosecannon

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 04:09 PM

Speaking of the okay Google listening, you can turn off the hotword detection in Google settings and you'll see longer battery life now that it doesn't constantly listen. Hope this helps

It only listens on the home screen anyways... Not gonna drain that much battery

#69 jco23

jco23

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Razr M (XT907)

Posted 10 November 2013 - 04:25 PM

some apps are failing to show notifications - not sure if they are related to the ROM or just the app.

also, the LED is white for some notifications - anyone suggest a good 3rd party app?  although I'm sure future releases will enable this (or at least turn green), but this is a ROM is a keeper for me, even if there are no other updates.

Device: Motorola Droid Razr M (XT907)

ROM: OSE KitKat 4.4.2

#70 jvasquezhhi

jvasquezhhi

Frankensteiner

• Developer
  • 330 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 04:49 PM

for the notifications i been using light flow. find it in the

• jco23 likes this

Cool-Timeline-Covers.jpg

#71 jvasquezhhi

jvasquezhhi

Frankensteiner

• Developer
  • 330 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 05:27 PM

also notice the bookmarks and calendar wasn't syncing then realised that the gapps is missing 2 apk files to allow that.. you can find them

all you have to do is flash no need to wipe anything it should automatically start sync everything but if not than go to settings google account and enable them

2013-11-11%2001.59.15.png

• Rob626 likes this

Cool-Timeline-Covers.jpg

#72 BionicMan69

BionicMan69

Android Scientist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts
  • Twitter:@BionicMan_69
  • LocationCookeville, TN
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid Razr Maxx HD, Motorola Droid Bionic, Motorola Xoom, HTC Flyer

Posted 10 November 2013 - 06:59 PM

Updated ART compatible gapps for kit kat by dhacker29
Sent from my XT926 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

#73 Someolddude

Someolddude

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid razer m DOA :( New phone Samsung note 3 :)

Posted 10 November 2013 - 07:05 PM

What does ART compatable mean for the gapps?

#74 BionicMan69

BionicMan69

Android Scientist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts
  • LocationCookeville, TN
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid Razr Maxx HD, Motorola Droid Bionic, Motorola Xoom, HTC Flyer

Posted 10 November 2013 - 07:09 PM

There's a setting in developer options called select run time. You can either select dalvik or art.

Attached Files

#75 mykalmunlight

mykalmunlight

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
  • Current Device(s):XT907 (DROID RAZR M)

Posted 10 November 2013 - 07:10 PM

Means you can change from dalvik JIT to ART.

#76 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 10 November 2013 - 08:43 PM

Not Working.... Error Flashing Zip (Status 6) Safestrap 3.12

Any Ideas?

Prerequisites:

You must be on an unlocked (or dev) Razr M XT907-VZW

You MUST have TWRP 2.6.3.0 flashed (all older versions won't work). I find the easiest way to accomplish this is to download the appropriate

, place it on your SD card then install from the Play Store an app called "

". This is an amazingly simple app that allows you to put a recovery image right on your SD card, you run the app, choose flash recovery and basically just hit "go". And it'll flash the recovery for you. Certainly there are other ways and many write-ups on how to do this manually with fastboot or whatever else you wish, I find this way to be the most user friendly.

^^^In the OP. 

R. Long: Pixel 5

#77 jvasquezhhi

jvasquezhhi

Frankensteiner

• Developer
  • 330 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 08:44 PM

There's a setting in developer options called select run time. You can either select dalvik or art.

i love google hahahaha anyway... i googled what the differences are from dalvik and art.. and this came up.

ART is a new Android runtime being introduced experimentally in the 4.4 release. This is a preview of work in progress in KitKat that can be turned on in Settings > developer options. This is available for the purpose of obtaining early developer and partner feedback.

Important: Dalvik must remain the default runtime or you risk breaking your Android implementations and third-party applications.

Two runtimes are now available, the existing Dalvik runtime (libdvm.so) and the ART (libart.so). A device can be built using either or both. (You can dual boot from Developer options if both are installed.)

The dalvikvm command line tool can run with either of them now. See runtime_common.mk. That is included from build/target/product/runtime_libdvm.mk or build/target/product/runtime_libdvm.mk or both.

Indications are that users won’t notice much difference between the two available runtimes for now.  ART is said to handle app execution in a fundamentally different way than Dalvik.This means that start times for applications can be cut down significantly and execution can be faster compared to using Dalvik. Indications are that Google has been working on ART the last two years. No timeframe for ART to replace Dalvik has been announced.

• tucstwo likes this

Cool-Timeline-Covers.jpg

#78 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 10 November 2013 - 08:55 PM

Ok, answers, answers and more answers. Also, I've JUST posted a new build on behalf of Tim while he's out of town. So if you see an MD5 sum for the ROM build, that means it's live and hot (about 5 mins from RIGHT NOW)

For some reason this seem to have less or about the same bugs as the 4.3. ya it doesnt yet have all the mods.. but its a sweet Daily Driver. great thanks to Dhacker, Hashcode, epinter & company and the entire Razr QCom Dev-Team and lets not forget about Tim and Tucstwo. They always on top of this phone not letting it die. which is good news to most of us. when i say Daily Driver i mean as this works:

• Data on boot
  • Bluetoot
  • Wifi
  • Wifi-AP
  • SD Card mounts
  • Camera ( including screenshot video and panorama)
  • Text messages (plain text; MSS still need a bit of work but it works spotty and/or with 3rd party apps.)
  • NFC seem to connect (havent tested it but most of regulars wont even know the phone had it :ph34r: )
  • you can browse the web listen to music and watch videos
  • And its snappy what else could you ask for?

Thank you, we're trying our best. I am also handicapped with Tim being out of town this weekend for family matters. I understand you do recognize this is an alpha, so just bear with us, Hacker, Hash, Pinter and company and good things WILL come. The source for this hasn't been public for 2 weeks and the "official" device in which it's going to be released on...it ain't even out yet. No beef with you, just give us a few :)

Didn't work for MMS. Not really worried about MMS but if there's a fix, it'd honestly make this ROM perfect.

It would, and it's most certainly coming. IDK i you remember the good old days of the Razr XT912 or the Bionic when we had to literally "hack" together source code to make CM or AOKP work because we couldn't flash kernels AT ALL. Well if you weren't fortunate to be part of that fun, we had to deal with some PRETTY annoying bugs. I remember when I'd take a screenshot on ICS (when my device was still on Gingerbread) and it would be 1.5th the size. Or when I would be lucky to get bluetooth out or get hotspot on an AOSP/CM based rom. Trust me, for a rom (4.4 kitkat) thats been on the scene less than 2 weeks, this is AMAZING compared to the bugs of yesteryear!

Agreed. This is daily driver material. In fact, I may try this out over the next week. Hoping to keep it. Only things missing are bells & whistles, and I ain't gonna complain about them.

And to be honest, the bells and whistles aren't coming. This is an AOSP build. Not CM, not AOKP, not Paranoid Android or Pacman. This is plain Jane AOSP. The "mods" will be added later. What's important at the moment is getting the basic AOSP "features" working. We'll work on some toys along the line. :)

Update. Battery life is very short. Lasted about 8 hours. 6 of which were while I was sleeping. But otherwise, this is great!

Can't ay the same for myself. I'm on an Non-Maxx XT926 (I realize this is 907) but it shouldn't be very much of a difference.

Strange I woke up this morning and still had 98% battery remaining. I did notice in settings in about phone the phone number is unknown. Phone sends and receives fine just thought that was strange.

Guess I'm not alone :p

I noticed settings not reading not only the phone number but prl version as well.

This is a bug, it's present on the XT926 as well. It's dumb. It's annoying. But does it hurt your device from functioning at all?

CM 11 beta is in the works. It's important to get just plain AOSP to 95% (almost there) first, before we worry about porting stuff. It's coming though!

ok after heavy use as Wifi-AP im happy to announce that it lasted longer than i hoped for. i fully charged and unplugged turned on Wifi tethering and watch 3 movies on my computer. not overheating it was just great. not sure if it counts as heavy use as if i was playing a high graphics game on phone but that would have to be someone else testing. i will be doing some regular use testing and see how that goes. and i will edit tomorrow

Posted Image

Thank you!!

I can't speak for anyone else, but I will say this. When 4.3 came out, I was BLOWN AWAY by the lag loss. But this, 4.4 has been night and day. I CAN'T IMAGINE going back to 4.2.2. That would be like trading in my crotch rocket for a golf cart.

ok guys based on a previous post i made

i have modded the .xml file to fix the front facing recording on this build. as right now recording with front camera does not work but by just simply flashing this mod you will be able to record video.
  • Download file from

• Reboot into recovery
  • Make a back up (in case things go wrong but shouldn't)
  • flash file just downloaded
  • no need to wipe anything
  • reboot
  • enjoy
  • hit like if worked for you

Send me a PM, I'd like to see if we can merge in this modification to the source code if it fixes an issue! :)

For the record, battery life is awesome for me at least. Gone a whole day and it's at 79%

I can concur!

for the notifications i been using light flow. find it in the

also notice the bookmarks and calendar wasn't syncing then realised that the gapps is missing 2 apk files to allow that.. you can find them

all you have to do is flash no need to wipe anything it should automatically start sync everything but if not than go to settings google account and enable them

Posted Image

Thi depends on which Gapps you've used I suppose!

This is a new thing, completely new for 4.4. A new virtual machine (to match with Dalvik). Some swear by it. Again, most importantly, should you choose to use the ART VW, as it's been pointed out, the GApps package must be replaced! (from what I've gathered)
However...It appears the ART Gapps in which Dhacker posted are pulled. So perhaps we should stick with the Dalvik stuff?!

Not Dalvik compatible (?) agian, I'm new to this This is new territory for everyone. We've been on the Dalvik VM since jump street.
Also, it appears the ART Gapps in which Dhacker posted are pulled. So perhaps we should stick with the Dalvik stuff?!

Right, but like mentioned above, the Gapps package may be relevant.

New build is HOT. Give it a go! :)
  • neckchop likes this

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#79 sloosecannon

sloosecannon

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 09:12 PM

Y'all are awesome lol. I wasn't expecting a 4.4 build for at least a couple weeks, let alone one that I would call a DD. (I've seen CM Stable builds worse than this lol). Great job to all the guys behind this.

For battery statistics BTW, I've got all sync on, data and WiFi. No battery complaints from me, but I haven't had a full day off the charger to really test how low it gets. Seems better than 4.3 IMO. Lag/responsiveness is insanely better...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

#80 BionicMan69

BionicMan69

Android Scientist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts
  • LocationCookeville, TN

Posted 10 November 2013 - 09:14 PM

Has the XT926 been updated also?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users