[ROM][4.4][Kit-Kat[PURE AOSP][XT907]{Updated 12/9/13}

• Please log in to reply
315 replies to this topic

#121 jvasquezhhi

jvasquezhhi

Frankensteiner

• Developer
  • 330 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr M (XT907) Retail (unlocked)

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:42 AM

but are able to copy or move any files from sdcard (internal storage) to the external_sd?

I am able to access my external_sd folder - even was able to rename a file.  but for whatever reason, I just cannot copy/move files to that folder.  however, when using file manager via TWRP, I was able to move a file from sdcard to external_sd.

I have not tried unmounting then remounting the external_sd yet, so I might try that next.

thanks for your help!

im able to copy files... i tried to use the move file option on root explorer but it didnt move just flashed screen but didnt force close.. but copy is ok.. so i guess if need move a file from internal to external copy file and than go back and delete the original.. only way i think will work for now... and to answer your question about build date.. mine shows 11/08/2013 but as i stated before im not sure if im running latest but since i dont have issues.. im not risking it... also try not mounting system for the camera fix.. and see if that works... if not try mounting and see.. and let me know.. i will fix post..

Cool-Timeline-Covers.jpg

#122 jco23

jco23

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Razr M (XT907)

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:56 AM

im able to copy files... i tried to use the move file option on root explorer but it didnt move just flashed screen but didnt force close.. but copy is ok.. so i guess if need move a file from internal to external copy file and than go back and delete the original.. only way i think will work for now... and to answer your question about build date.. mine shows 11/08/2013 but as i stated before im not sure if im running latest but since i dont have issues.. im not risking it... also try not mounting system for the camera fix.. and see if that works... if not try mounting and see.. and let me know.. i will fix post..

yeah - when moving a file, it just flashes, but no FC.  when copying, it will show a progress bar, but then the error message pops up.

I'll try the camera fix later again tonight.

Device: Motorola Droid Razr M (XT907)

ROM: OSE KitKat 4.4.2

#123 jco23

jco23

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:37 PM

interesting, I was finally able to move files to my external_sd, but I had to use ROM Toolbox.

#124 hecksagon

hecksagon

Was a newb once...

• Superuser
  • 48 posts
  • LocationFreeport, IL
  • Current Device(s):Galaxy Note 3

Posted 12 November 2013 - 07:05 PM

I was able to use ES File Explorer with root explorer option on to navigate to the sd card in /mnt. As long as you have root and set ES to mount / RW you can read and write to the sd card.

I am going to try to odex this rom and see if I can get ART working.

#125 thad137

thad137

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Current Device(s):Razr M and Nexus 7

Posted 12 November 2013 - 08:25 PM

Install worked with Philz Touch (CWM 6.0.3) recovery. After the first boot, it booted in 15 seconds!

• mykalmunlight likes this

#126 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 12 November 2013 - 09:51 PM

Rom updated in OP. Again, mostly under the hood stuff, so unless you're manic or obsessive, you're not missing much.

• jco23 likes this

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#127 mykalmunlight

mykalmunlight

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
  • Current Device(s):XT907 (DROID RAZR M)

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:37 PM

Install worked with Philz Touch (CWM 6.0.3) recovery. After the first boot, it booted in 15 seconds!

that's what I use lol

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

#128 jco23

jco23

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 05:05 AM

Rom updated in OP. Again, mostly under the hood stuff, so unless you're manic or obsessive, you're not missing much.

not sure if you want to incorporate the official kitkat boot animation - found it here:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I couldn't get the zip to flash via recovery, but I was able to extract the boot animation file from the zip file, and install it via ROM Toolbox

also, update after day 3 - battery life was quite acceptible.  made it 24 hours with 2+ hours of on-screen time (included a lot of flash-installing too).  bluetooth, wifi, and mobile data were all on all the time (but Google Now turned off).  I'm testing battery life today with Google Now turned on (with notifications).

everything works sweetly (still on the 1st build, as the 2nd build did not have working camera).

the only update that I am looking forward to is being able to move files to my external_sd via root explorer (and, in turn, being able to use that as my backup for TiBu).  otherwise, I have no other reason to revert back to any other ROM.

#129 jvasquezhhi

jvasquezhhi

Frankensteiner

• Developer
  • 330 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr M (XT907) Retail (unlocked)

Posted 13 November 2013 - 06:14 AM

not sure if you want to incorporate the official kitkat boot animation - found it here:

I couldn't get the zip to flash via recovery, but I was able to extract the boot animation file from the zip file, and install it via ROM Toolbox

also, update after day 3 - battery life was quite acceptible.  made it 24 hours with 2+ hours of on-screen time (included a lot of flash-installing too).  bluetooth, wifi, and mobile data were all on all the time (but Google Now turned off).  I'm testing battery life today with Google Now turned on (with notifications).

everything works sweetly (still on the 1st build, as the 2nd build did not have working camera).

the only update that I am looking forward to is being able to move files to my external_sd via root explorer (and, in turn, being able to use that as my backup for TiBu).  otherwise, I have no other reason to revert back to any other ROM.

im with you on this one.. hahahaha first time and might be only time you ever see me say that... but i wont be reverting back to anything despite the few bugs this rom has. which to me are non imortant. and im trying to see if i can get the 4.3 camera to work but wont stick. (just want it because it has already a ton of options compared) 

• jco23 likes this

Cool-Timeline-Covers.jpg

#130 jco23

jco23

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 06:53 AM

im with you on this one.. hahahaha first time and might be only time you ever see me say that... but i wont be reverting back to anything despite the few bugs this rom has. which to me are non imortant. and im trying to see if i can get the 4.3 camera to work but wont stick. (just want it because it has already a ton of options compared) 

have you tried the moto x camera from here:

#131 jhorton014

jhorton014

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 11:54 AM

I'm using TWRP and I get an error every time I try to either flash this or CM 11 unofficial. Don't know what to do. Going to try to switch to CWM.

#132 shiftman

shiftman

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Current Device(s):droid x

Posted 13 November 2013 - 12:12 PM

Make sure you're on twrp 2.6.3.0 in order for it to work

#133 aokifay

aokifay

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 01:05 PM

I'm using TWRP and I get an error every time

#134 shiftman

shiftman

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Current Device(s):droid x

Posted 13 November 2013 - 01:25 PM

Which version? It says so at the top.

#135 Luke24

Luke24

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid, Droid X, Droid Razr Maxx, Droid razr Maxx Hd, Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Posted 13 November 2013 - 01:47 PM

One thing I've noticed using the second build is that when I unlock my phone about 90% of the time the screen is dimmed all the way down. It only brightens when I change the brightness in the quick settings. I have my brightness set all the way up and I even tried auto and it still does the same thing. Not a big deal, just kinda annoying

#136 hecksagon

hecksagon

Was a newb once...

• Superuser
  • 48 posts
  • LocationFreeport, IL

Posted 13 November 2013 - 02:43 PM

I got ART working on this build using the odexed gapps from this xda thread: 

Looks like the only thing that is keeping ART from working is that some of the current deodexed apps in the gapps packages are not compatible. As soon as you odex them they work again.

#137 kendog

kendog

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts
  • LocationMillville, NJ
  • Current Device(s):droid bionic

Posted 13 November 2013 - 03:25 PM

You can also use PA gapps 4.4 I Dont have a link but it was first to come up on Google. Worked great with this and sombers cm11 on ART. A lot of the apps I downloaded couldn't get root with ART.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

#138 PantherVT

PantherVT

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Twitter:RaiderVT

Posted 13 November 2013 - 03:40 PM

One thing I've noticed using the second build is that when I unlock my phone about 90% of the time the screen is dimmed all the way down. It only brightens when I change the brightness in the quick settings. I have my brightness set all the way up and I even tried auto and it still does the same thing. Not a big deal, just kinda annoying

I'm running the build provided by dhacker but have experienced the same screen fading. When I hit the power button to turn the screen off and hit it again to turn it back on brightness is back to normal. This workaround may save you from messing with quick setting all the time.

#139 Luke24

Luke24

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid, Droid X, Droid Razr Maxx, Droid razr Maxx Hd, Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Posted 13 November 2013 - 03:45 PM

I've tried double clicking the power button like suggested and when I do that my phone kinda gets confused and doesn't wanna wake the screen up for a good 30 seconds to a minute..
I might just go back to dhackers build as it has less problems.

#140 hecksagon

hecksagon

Was a newb once...

• Superuser
  • 48 posts
  • LocationFreeport, IL

Posted 13 November 2013 - 08:00 PM

Anybody notice GPU performance is way down? I routinely got 60 fps on Quadrant on the 3d tests, now I am barely breaking 30 fps.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users