Radio Modem Recoivery xt907

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#41 jvasquezhhi

jvasquezhhi

Frankensteiner

• Developer
  • 330 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr M (XT907) Retail (unlocked)

Posted 17 November 2013 - 10:39 AM

I'm using 98.16.3. Rooted.

Unlocked boot loader and cwm. Can I use this flsshable zip?

you can use even if you are not rooted... via fastboot... and the radio will be the same even if you change roms everyday since roms dont touch radio partitions...

• Joshuamink likes this

Cool-Timeline-Covers.jpg

#42 zoomy942

zoomy942

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 11:08 AM

you can use even if you are not rooted... via fastboot... and the radio will be the same even if you change roms everyday since roms dont touch radio partitions...

Thank you. Just didn't want to get into some weird radio not compatible scenario.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

#43 zoomy942

zoomy942

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 11:09 AM

I'll hop into cwm and give it a flash.

#44 zoomy942

zoomy942

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 12:28 PM

Side thought. I'm using a cwm flashable 98.16.3 but I saw a newer update come out. I'm supposing its the one this radio came from.

Is there a flashable zip of that entire ROM?

#45 teddyearp

teddyearp

professional lurker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationRandle, WA
  • Current Device(s):HTC One M8-VZW

Posted 17 November 2013 - 05:32 PM

Hmmm, I thought the only way we could flash these radio only type mods were if one was using a device with a true custom recovery installed.  Meaning you must be rooted (a pre-requisit to having) and an unlocked bootloader (a pre-requisit) to being able to install said custom recovery.

Or if flashing via fastboot per the quoted instructions, wouldn't the bootloader still need to be unlocked?

Or am I wrong again this year?

Motorola XT907 files

read more, post less

#46 jvasquezhhi

jvasquezhhi

Frankensteiner

• Developer
  • 330 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr M (XT907) Retail (unlocked)

Posted 17 November 2013 - 06:00 PM

Hmmm, I thought the only way we could flash these radio only type mods were if one was using a device with a true custom recovery installed.  Meaning you must be rooted (a pre-requisit to having) and an unlocked bootloader (a pre-requisit) to being able to install said custom recovery.

Or if flashing via fastboot per the quoted instructions, wouldn't the bootloader still need to be unlocked?

Or am I wrong again this year?

recovery are mainly to flash roms meaning operating system, and kernals... not many devs out there... fact i havent seen a single one who will mod the radio... so when this radios come out... they usually come on for the usual stock running users... but than if devs out there notice there is a radio upgrade they will pull that out of the OTA and help us all with it.. chances are it isnt modified so all moto signatures are still there.. in other words its safe to flash on fastboot... my understanding is once you unlock bootloader it stays unlocked no matter what... i mean you can even take OTA updates (not recommended) but you could, since you can flash root back into it. 

Cool-Timeline-Covers.jpg

#47 Joshuamink

Joshuamink

xt907er

• Superuser
  • 92 posts
  • Twitter:@joshmink
  • LocationOHIO
  • Current Device(s):DROID RAZR M

Posted 17 November 2013 - 08:10 PM

I'm using 98.16.3. Rooted.

Unlocked boot loader and cwm. Can I use this flsshable zip?

Yes. You can use it regardless of what ROM or kernel you're on. It doesn't touch any of that. No need to wipe anything. But if you use CWMR, it can't hurt to mount and wipe /modem. Totally optional. TWRP doesn't even have this ability, and like I said, it's optional, and probably doesn't matter. I believe this is the same as doing fastboot erase modemst1 and fastboot erase modemst2, just give u a factory fresh baseband, which can't hurt with upgrade.

#48 sloosecannon

sloosecannon

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr M, Google Asus Nexus 7, Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Posted 17 November 2013 - 08:15 PM

Good flash, latest TWRP. Nominally improved 3g, LTE and WiFi. By nominally, I mean "it looks like it's better", but no major good or bad effects. 4.4 build from... Oh heck, I don't know. A while ago...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

#49 Joshuamink

Joshuamink

xt907er

• Superuser
  • 92 posts
  • LocationOHIO

Posted 17 November 2013 - 08:15 PM

recovery are mainly to flash roms meaning operating system, and kernals... not many devs out there... fact i havent seen a single one who will mod the radio... so when this radios come out... they usually come on for the usual stock running users... but than if devs out there notice there is a radio upgrade they will pull that out of the OTA and help us all with it.. chances are it isnt modified so all moto signatures are still there.. in other words its safe to flash on fastboot... my understanding is once you unlock bootloader it stays unlocked no matter what... i mean you can even take OTA updates (not recommended) but you could, since you can flash root back into it.

I couldn't have said it better. He is right, even uprooted, and locked should be able to flash via fastboot. I didn't touch the file. I just pulled it from the update. Also, I haven't seen a flashable of the new update. Is that something some of you would be interested in? I could do some deflating by request. I will not do deodex. Personally, I do not like deodexing. Let me know guys.

#50 Joshuamink

Joshuamink

xt907er

• Superuser
  • 92 posts
  • LocationOHIO

Posted 17 November 2013 - 09:33 PM

Then again, if your unrooted and locked, what can u lose by taking the whole OTA?

#51 sloosecannon

sloosecannon

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr M, Google Asus Nexus 7, Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Posted 18 November 2013 - 04:27 AM

Then again, if your unrooted and locked, what can u lose by taking the whole OTA?

The ability to root lol?

#52 Joshuamink

Joshuamink

xt907er

• Superuser
  • 92 posts
  • LocationOHIO

Posted 18 November 2013 - 07:03 AM

The ability to root lol?

So you're just sitting on the ability, but not doing it? Let me recommend rooting, then turning superuser access completely off.

#53 Joshuamink

Joshuamink

xt907er

• Superuser
  • 92 posts
  • LocationOHIO

Posted 18 November 2013 - 07:05 AM

Or rather, just deny all requests, except greenify, and one power guard. Two apps no Android user should be without.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users