Photo

6.16.214 Ics Upgrade Leak (To Be Installed From 211 Ics)

• Please log in to reply
446 replies to this topic

#41 Kirbnite

Kirbnite

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:44 PM

Does this build have CDMA ONLY as an option? Can anyone confirm if the flash on the camera is better paired with the timing of the picture?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#42 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 09:05 PM

so, if we use the utility only will we still have root?

This does not affect your /system/ at all if you use the utility to flash a boot.img. You will remain rooted.

Does this build have CDMA ONLY as an option? Can anyone confirm if the flash on the camera is better paired with the timing of the picture?

It does not. Not that much has changed from 211 yet...
  • youngstubbs likes this

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#43 digdug1

digdug1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 09:09 PM

Thanks matt! I updated the kernel. I noti ed that on the 211 kernel that it would often stick at 1200 . I wonder if that was part of the bad life/heat issues.
Also is interactive still the default governor?

#44 jimh1999

jimh1999

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 09:09 PM

Success, from stock 2.16.211, now listed as system version 2.16.214 on phone
1. unfreeze previously frozen apps
2. temp unroot with voodoo ota
3. copy zip to sd card
4. install zip in stock recovery
5. reboot, restore root with voodoo ota
seems faster to me

Thanks for providing this for us...
  • bweaver11b and moejoe88 like this

#45 dysfunkshun

dysfunkshun

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 04 July 2012 - 09:13 PM

If we just used the updater, is there any way to confirm it took? As many others have stated, it still shows.211 in the about phone section

#46 trikotret

trikotret

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD

Posted 04 July 2012 - 09:20 PM

If we just used the updater, is there any way to confirm it took? As many others have stated, it still shows.211 in the about phone section

The new kernel build date is June 29.

#47 dysfunkshun

dysfunkshun

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 04 July 2012 - 09:30 PM

The new kernel build date is June 29.

Thank you sir, that confirms it!

#48 bipmip

bipmip

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationSouth Dakota

Posted 04 July 2012 - 09:35 PM

I dont understand how to install this. And can i still use ikream while this is installed?

#49 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 09:43 PM

I dont understand how to install this. And can i still use ikream while this is installed?

You go to AP Fastboot mode. You flash 214 boot.img. You reboot to whatever you were using before. It's that simple. iKream should still work.

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

#50 bipmip

bipmip

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationSouth Dakota

Posted 04 July 2012 - 09:46 PM

Ok and the first file is if i want to go back to 211?

#51 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 09:46 PM

Ok and the first file is if i want to go back to 211?

As it states..... "Update zip to install in MotoRecovery from stock 6.16.211".
It's all in the OP take the time to read :)

If you want to go to stock 211 see the 1.7 Utility thread.

#52 got556

got556

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts
  • Twitter:@got556
  • LocationChicago

Posted 04 July 2012 - 09:50 PM

First of all awesome work Matt. Secondly....what's the reports guys? I know this hasn't been out long but are we seeing actual battery improvements?
Posted Image

#53 bipmip

bipmip

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationSouth Dakota

Posted 04 July 2012 - 09:50 PM

Iv read it multiple times. How do i update zip? In cmrecovery? Do i put that file on my sd card then go straight to apfastboot?

#54 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 09:51 PM

First of all awesome work Matt. Secondly....what's the reports guys? I know this hasn't been out long but are we seeing actual battery improvements?

It's been out like 2 hours. No way to tell lol

Iv read it multiple times. How do i update zip? In cmrecovery? Do i put that file on my sd card then go straight to apfastboot?

You do NOT use the update zip. You are on a custom Rom and not stock 211 as I just copy and pasted for the first file is for.

Number 2 is what you want....

Utility to flash the new kernel, and the ability to flash 211 kernel back + root if you want to.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

MD5: CBA714069ABCAFF145610D8EDD33D81B
File Size: 15.5 MB

Go to AP Fastboot mode, choose 214 option, reboot. It's that easy and I am not explaining it over and over to you it cannot be any simpler sorry.
  • schollianmj, g3ntl3man and DCarrollUSMC like this

#55 bipmip

bipmip

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationSouth Dakota

Posted 04 July 2012 - 09:57 PM

Ok im sorry thank you for your help.

#56 got556

got556

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 04 July 2012 - 09:59 PM

____ it...just flashed it over Eclipse 1.1...didn't wipe nothin.... and on 18% battery life lol

I look fwd to seeing results.
Posted Image

#57 got556

got556

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:14 PM

Worked fine for my Razr...now moving on to G/F's.

I first have to get her up to speed from 1.0 to 1.1 Eclipse since she was still running the initial release...from there I'll install this on hers.

My Antutu w/ hotplug governor was 6126 prior to this leak. We'll see if anything changes after. Quadrant was in the 29XX range IIRC.

ETA: 6219 Antutu w/ hotplug on the leak.
Posted Image

#58 beaton3344

beaton3344

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:28 PM

Its easy guys. On stock .211 just put file on SD card then boot into recovery and select clear cache to be safe then install external SD and pick file you downloaded then let it do its thing and reboot.

Use matts utility in ap fastboot to flash .85 kernel and let it reboot then root phone using matts utility and it take 3 steps also it kinda freezes your phone on last step don't panic. Then after all steps complete... Power phone off and go back into ap fast boot and then flash back to .214... Done...
  • mattlgroff and blackhitachi like this

#59 topdog031382

topdog031382

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:31 PM

ok listen if you are on a custom ROM, you can use the utility that Matt has created which is the second link in the OP. So if you are on a custom ROM download the utility unzip it to your computer run the bat file and flash the .214 img with your phone in AP Fastboot Mode, this will give you the .214 kernel. If you want to go back to the .211 kernel then put your phone back into AP Fastboot Mode flash the .211 kernel then reboot and you are back on the original kernel. You DO NOT have to be stock .211 if you use the utility. If you choose to use the zip file (the first link posted in the OP) then use the 1.7 utility and run option 2 do a factory reset install the .211 zip should be on sd card (will be named 181). Once installed reboot. Once it reboots, shut the phone off and boot into the moto recovery and install the OTHER zip file which will be named .211 and should also be placed on your SD card (going to .214). After installation reboot and you will be on the .214 leak with the new updated kernel. It is much easier to just use the Utility and flash the img though. Does this sound about right Matt? Hopefully this will help a little lol
  • mattlgroff and thefuzz like this

#60 geminii72

geminii72

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Twitter:geminii72
  • Google+:geminii1972@gmail.com
  • LocationWilson, NC
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx, Motorola Electrify, Kindle Fire

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:33 PM

I have all the latest drives installed, flashed the new kernel, and is stock. Im trying to root using the .214 leak utility but it says :error device not found..... Help!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users