Photo

6.16.214 Ics Upgrade Leak (To Be Installed From 211 Ics)

• Please log in to reply
446 replies to this topic

#61 milkshed27

milkshed27

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:35 PM

Having an issue with the kernel sticking at 1200. Any ideas?
If we question our own actions, our thought process, make a conscious decision to what we feel is right every single day, that's what I believe to be Divinity. That's true Shamanism.

#62 topdog031382

topdog031382

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:36 PM

I have all the latest drives installed, flashed the new kernel, and is stock. Im trying to root using the .214 leak utility but it says :error device not found..... Help!!!

read the OP there is specific instructions on how to root using the small utility or just use the 1.7 utility, come on people

#63 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:36 PM

Having an issue with the kernel sticking at 1200. Any ideas?

Use setCpu?

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#64 milkshed27

milkshed27

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:39 PM

Use setCpu?

Yes I use SetCPU and also CPU spy. Both are showing that the kernel just sits at 1200 and never drops to 300.
If we question our own actions, our thought process, make a conscious decision to what we feel is right every single day, that's what I believe to be Divinity. That's true Shamanism.

#65 zero

zero

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:43 PM

Yes I use SetCPU and also CPU spy. Both are showing that the kernel just sits at 1200 and never drops to 300.

Maybe the two are conflicting. Try disabling/uninstalling the one of them. Idk what capabilities CPU spy has but if it changes clock speed that could be the problem.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#66 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:43 PM

Not sure on those. You could manually set the cpu to maxx out at 800 if you want to, but I don't believe this is happening to mine.

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

#67 utekking

utekking

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:44 PM

Installed and rooted, Thanks Matt!!!
Droid Razr upgraded to Maxx!!!

#68 got556

got556

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts
  • Twitter:@got556
  • LocationChicago

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:46 PM

Stock values in SetCPU are working fine for me, nothing "stuck" on any set mhz.
Posted Image

#69 milkshed27

milkshed27

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:48 PM

Maybe the two are conflicting. Try disabling/uninstalling the one of them. Idk what capabilities CPU spy has but if it changes clock speed that could be the problem.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

CPU Spy just displays the time the CPU spends in each frequency state, it doesn't affect the clock speed in any way so there shouldn't be any conflicts.

I've reflashed the .211 kernel and everything seems to be back to normal. Going to charge phone back up, redownload the Zip files and try again later.

Thanks for your suggestion.

#70 Collin James

Collin James

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:49 PM

Running now. Everything seems stable. I'll give it some time though.

removed

#71 WDTurnbull53

WDTurnbull53

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:50 PM

Matt, I've been having problems with your utilities... I can pick options, but when I start it up, it says " 'findstr' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program, or batch file"

#72 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 11:46 PM

Matt, I've been having problems with your utilities... I can pick options, but when I start it up, it says " 'findstr' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program, or batch file"

You can manually flash the file by using CMD.exe on windows:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

OR you can fix your PATH to include System32.

See the fix here:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#73 shaggie821

shaggie821

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 11:54 PM

Installed like butta as always thank you Matt & FYI i goofed & rerooted with RazrUtility for ICS 1.7 & worked np so again ty 4 all ur hard work sir!!!!! My shows 6.16.214 FYI.

#74 logan3824

logan3824

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 308 posts
  • LocationHouston, Texas. GO TEXANS!

Posted 05 July 2012 - 12:19 AM

edit: fixed it, not sure how but I did.

#75 BBEvolution

BBEvolution

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts
  • LocationNew York State

Posted 05 July 2012 - 01:49 AM

Your at the top of your game Matt.

#76 Nitewolf

Nitewolf

Member of the BEST android community

• Superuser
  • 643 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 04:46 AM

Couldn't have been any easier. A labotomy patient could do it. lol
Posted Image

#77 j6bennett1

j6bennett1

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 05:06 AM

I'm following the steps 100% and still end up with a build date of the 14th. Getting no errors and it looks like it's writing the boot.img fine. Super-confused here. Running .211 with Safestrap and Simplex.

Edit: Apparently I'm lower than a lobotomy patient ^ :-) but it's still a no-go for me after 6 attempts. Re-downloaded, rebooted, reinstalled drivers.

#78 JimmyInTheROC

JimmyInTheROC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 07:09 AM

Snappyness factor increased by 10. :P

Thanks Matt.

#79 graydragon2

graydragon2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 07:26 AM

I'm following the steps 100% and still end up with a build date of the 14th. Getting no errors and it looks like it's writing the boot.img fine. Super-confused here. Running .211 with Safestrap and Simplex.

Edit: Apparently I'm lower than a lobotomy patient ^ :-) but it's still a no-go for me after 6 attempts. Re-downloaded, rebooted, reinstalled drivers.

Which build date are you looking at. Look at the kernel build date and not rom build date.

#80 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 05 July 2012 - 07:30 AM

Which build date are you looking at. Look at the kernel build date and not rom build date.

Yeah good call. I just flashed the kernel too. Thought it didn't work since I still say .211 but my kernel build date is 6-29 now. Thanks Matt. Quick and easy.

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users