Photo

6.16.214 Ics Upgrade Leak (To Be Installed From 211 Ics)

• Please log in to reply
446 replies to this topic

#81 j6bennett1

j6bennett1

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 07:42 AM

Which build date are you looking at. Look at the kernel build date and not rom build date.

Thanks. I was looking in the right place :-/ Dunno what was wrong. Went the long way around and flashed through Moto recovery and I'm all good now.

#82 mechatricity

mechatricity

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 07:57 AM

Is there any reason mechanically why we can't just flash the boot .img if we're running stock .211? I understand system version won't change, that's fine.

#83 kokodroid

kokodroid

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Twitter:@BoilerUpHamrDn
  • LocationCentral Indiana

Posted 05 July 2012 - 08:28 AM

Is there any reason mechanically why we can't just flash the boot .img if we're running stock .211? I understand system version won't change, that's fine.

I just did that... Stock 211 with SafeStrap 2.0
I used the 214 utility (2nd link in OP)
1. AP Fastboot => Option 3
2. Rebooted into SafeStrap to wipe cache and dalvik cache
Running faster, 4G data started in half the time of the 211 kernel!!
Verizon Droid RAZR XT912: 6.16.215 LEAK

#84 PillClinton

PillClinton

#FireGaryBettman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts
  • Twitter:530SharksFan
  • LocationNorCal

Posted 05 July 2012 - 08:36 AM

Wow, it really doesn't get much easier than that folks, thank you so much Matt!! Running Eclipse 1.1, used utility to flash 214 kernel, done in seconds B) Already rebooted & ready to go again.

#85 digdug1

digdug1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 08:46 AM

So, im just wondering what governor you guys are using with this kernel.
Cpu info tells me that one processor stays off with interactive. Ive been using hot plug and there is a substantial performance increase but I'm wondering if its harder on my phone.

#86 kmss1

kmss1

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Sunny SoCal

Posted 05 July 2012 - 08:53 AM

Thank you AGAIN Matt!

I used MotoRecovery and then re-rooted with the 4.0.4 root from Razr utility v1.7. Its showing .214 and working very nicely...

#87 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 09:01 AM

I'm following the steps 100% and still end up with a build date of the 14th. Getting no errors and it looks like it's writing the boot.img fine. Super-confused here. Running .211 with Safestrap and Simplex.

Edit: Apparently I'm lower than a lobotomy patient ^ :-) but it's still a no-go for me after 6 attempts. Re-downloaded, rebooted, reinstalled drivers.

Make sure you are looking at the kernel area not the other build for the date..
  • PillClinton likes this

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#88 jhalsey205

jhalsey205

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 09:06 AM

Problem installing. I am running stock 211 + root...
-I just temp unrooted via voodoo.
-Placed Blur_Version.6.16.211.XT912.Verizon.en.US on on sd card (downlaoded from 1st post)
-Booted into stock recovery and applied update

Resulting in ...
E:Error in tmp/sideload/package.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

#89 kokodroid

kokodroid

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Twitter:@BoilerUpHamrDn
  • LocationCentral Indiana

Posted 05 July 2012 - 09:13 AM

Make sure you are looking at the kernel area not the other build for the date..

Like Matt said...
System Build 6/14/2012
Kernel Build 6/29/2012

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

58.63KB   65 downloads

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  • PillClinton likes this
Verizon Droid RAZR XT912: 6.16.215 LEAK

#90 jwgraves

jwgraves

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 09:20 AM

Problem installing. I am running stock 211 + root...
-I just temp unrooted via voodoo.
-Placed Blur_Version.6.16.211.XT912.Verizon.en.US on on sd card (downlaoded from 1st post)
-Booted into stock recovery and applied update

Resulting in ...
E:Error in tmp/sideload/package.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

Why did you unroot and try applying the zip file? I though this zip file was the same one that Matt released last week and for those of us on stock 211 + root would just need to flash the 214 boot img?

#91 Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd

Freak on a Leash

• Administrator
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWindy City
  • Current Device(s):x13 Dev Ed & x14 Pure Ed & Droid Turbo

Posted 05 July 2012 - 09:26 AM

Why did you unroot and try applying the zip file? I though this zip file was the same one that Matt released last week and for those of us on stock 211 + root would just need to flash the 214 boot img?

what stumps me is why folks only flash the boot.img. doing so it not updating anything else that may have been changed in the 214 file. So in essences you have a mix and match software running on the device.

#92 PWn3R

PWn3R

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Twitter:AllenGeorge
  • Google+:https://plus.google.com/102317230135122177087

Posted 05 July 2012 - 09:30 AM

OMG What did Moto do? This kernel has things running WAY snappier on my phone.

#93 MattyP

MattyP

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
  • LocationIn a Race Car

Posted 05 July 2012 - 09:36 AM

Followed the instructions, put the .zip on my SD card, booted into recovery, wiped cache, and then selected "Install from SD card", selected the file, and got this:

assert failed: mount("ext3 , "MTD" , "system" , "/system")

E:Error in /sdcard/Blur-Version.6.16.211.XT912.Verizon.en.US.zip
(Status 7)
Installation Aborted

Appreciate any help ...
Rooted Razr Maxx!!

#94 jwgraves

jwgraves

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 09:37 AM

what stumps me is why folks only flash the boot.img. doing so it not updating anything else that may have been changed in the 214 file. So in essences you have a mix and match software running on the device.

Good question - I have no idea why I should be doing one method over the other (other than the fact that flashing the 214 img is much easier, one click and I'm done). From what I can see, most people are just using this new utility and then choosing option 3 to flash the 214 img.

#95 superrelaxx

superrelaxx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 921 posts
  • Twitter:jasNwa
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 05 July 2012 - 09:38 AM

I suppose if you're only running stock, it would make sense to flash the entire upgrade. If you're running a custom Rom, you're relying on the software that comes with it and only want the radio and/or kernel update.

#96 wayneh38

wayneh38

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 09:38 AM

Like Matt said...
System Build 6/14/2012
Kernel Build 6/29/2012

58.63KB   65 downloads

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

If you update with Moto Stock Recovery you will have system build date of 6/29/2012 and Kernel build date of 6/29/2012.

#97 jhalsey205

jhalsey205

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 09:43 AM

Followed the instructions, put the .zip on my SD card, booted into recovery, wiped cache, and then selected "Install from SD card", selected the file, and got this:

assert failed: mount("ext3 , "MTD" , "system" , "/system")

E:Error in /sdcard/Blur-Version.6.16.211.XT912.Verizon.en.US.zip
(Status 7)
Installation Aborted

Appreciate any help ...

Same problem here!

#98 Ahowe125

Ahowe125

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Twitter:Ahowe125
  • Google+:Aaron Howe
  • LocationMichigan
  • Current Device(s):VZW HTC One, Nexus 7

Posted 05 July 2012 - 09:46 AM

So, im just wondering what governor you guys are using with this kernel.
Cpu info tells me that one processor stays off with interactive. Ive been using hot plug and there is a substantial performance increase but I'm wondering if its harder on my phone.

I use SetCPU for battery profiles, and on all of them I use "hotplug". I have spent 24.68% in 1.2ghz and 42.81% in 300mhz along with other random times in the inbetween's. The phone is very snappy when it needs to be, and battery life has been about average for an OG Razr.

I'm at 38% with 7h 38m on battery, 63% screen with time on at 1h 17m. I used it to play some mp3's for about an hour through a bluetooth headset. I have also been on facebook and twitter a lot today because we are slow at work. 4g LTE has been on the entire time.

| 32GB Verizon HTC One - S-Off, Unlocked and Rooted on Eclipse v1.2 GPE Port |
| 16GB Nexus 7 (2013) - Unlocked and Rooted on Stock 4.4 |

#99 Ahowe125

Ahowe125

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Twitter:Ahowe125
  • Google+:Aaron Howe
  • LocationMichigan
  • Current Device(s):VZW HTC One, Nexus 7

Posted 05 July 2012 - 09:50 AM

Good question - I have no idea why I should be doing one method over the other (other than the fact that flashing the 214 img is much easier, one click and I'm done). From what I can see, most people are just using this new utility and then choosing option 3 to flash the 214 img.

I suppose if you're only running stock, it would make sense to flash the entire upgrade. If you're running a custom Rom, you're relying on the software that comes with it and only want the radio and/or kernel update.

I believe that Matt stated the only difference between the .211 and the .214 was the boot.img. It only changed the kernel and nothing else. I'm no programmer so I would have no way at all to verify that, but I did use the utility to flash just the boot.img and it worked perfectly. I was on stock .211 debloated and rooted, and I didnt change a thing before I flashed the file. Kept root and didnt change a thing.

| 32GB Verizon HTC One - S-Off, Unlocked and Rooted on Eclipse v1.2 GPE Port |
| 16GB Nexus 7 (2013) - Unlocked and Rooted on Stock 4.4 |

#100 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 09:50 AM

You realize this is what the 2nd file in the OP does...right?

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users