#21 mdcowby

mdcowby

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 228 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, Maryland
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx

Posted 11 July 2012 - 09:35 PM

I'm really lovin this rom just a ? can you put back the Emergency Contact ICE and Owner info Love having that cause I password my phone if not is there a way I can ad it into my phone.

Thanks

#22 Collin James

Collin James

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 09:44 PM

I want to spoof the iphone user agent.
Just for testing purposes. My wife said any time she gets a text from someone using an iphone the text bubble appears as blue in her messaging app. Texts from non-iphones have a green text bubble. I just wanted to see if i could trick the iphone messaging app by setting my ua to iphone. It was possible on the GB builds... I just couldnt find a way to do it easy mode on ICS. I suppose i could edit the xml inside the .apk. I was just wondering if it was a setting i was overlooking.

Well it's not a setting in this rom, but I'm sure that there is an app or something out there that can do what you're looking for.

I'm really lovin this rom just a ? can you put back the Emergency Contact ICE and Owner info Love having that cause I password my phone if not is there a way I can ad it into my phone.

Thanks

Both of these features are already on this rom. I just tested it and I have both Emergency Dialer and Owner info. Look under settings/security

removed

#23 Collin James

Collin James

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 09:50 PM

Hey Matt, I'm rooted my Maxx, flashed the .214 update and I have safe strap installed with a backup on my external sd card. But I'm really new to the rooting and rom world I really want to flash your rom but I want to make sure that I have things where they need to be like for instance the backup that I have is it okay on my external sd card and after I wipe all that needs to be wiped and flash your rom do I need to wipe the same way that I did before I flashed your rom to flash gapps. I also have your 1.7 helper and I noticed that there is an option to un brick a bricked phone will that option still work with this version of ics?

Yes your backup is safe on your SD card. When flashing any rom your SD card will not be touched so all files are safe. (Though I recommend copying that backup to your PC in case it gets deleted or your phone is lost or stolen.)

Wiping everything once is enough. After doing a wipe then flashing the rom you do not need to wipe anymore, just install gapps directly after flashing the rom.

Yes, Matt's Utility will work with this rom.

Flash v2.

removed

#24 bluex

bluex

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 09:54 PM

Hey Matt, I'm rooted my Maxx, flashed the .214 update and I have safe strap installed with a backup on my external sd card. But I'm really new to the rooting and rom world I really want to flash your rom but I want to make sure that I have things where they need to be like for instance the backup that I have is it okay on my external sd card and after I wipe all that needs to be wiped and flash your rom do I need to wipe the same way that I did before I flashed your rom to flash gapps. I also have your 1.7 helper and I noticed that there is an option to un brick a bricked phone will that option still work with this version of ics?

Your backup is fine on external. No only wipe everything once. You shouldn't have to worry about bricking it with safestrap. If you have an issue/problem on the safe side you just switch back to non safe an your stock .214 Ics is there.

I forgot to ask coming from a stock rooted ics .214 on the safe side which version do I flashed v1 or v2?

Those are just revisions, if you want the latest flash v2 since its the newest.....
  • mattlgroff likes this

#25 Stvn2569

Stvn2569

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 10:14 PM

Thanks for the quick responses and for taking the time to answer my questions. Ok I'm going to try to get the nerve up to do it tonight. Oh yeah do I put the rom file and the gapps file on the external sd card or on the internal memory. Correct me if I'm wrong please, after wiping I go into apply zip from sd card then choose zip from sd card for both files wait I think I just answered my first question :-P but just to make sure can you let me know, as you can tell I'm new to this and very nervous. Thanks for your guys help.

#26 Collin James

Collin James

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 10:17 PM

Thanks for the quick responses and for taking the time to answer my questions. Ok I'm going to try to get the nerve up to do it tonight. Oh yeah do I put the rom file and the gapps file on the external sd card or on the internal memory. Correct me if I'm wrong please, after wiping I go into apply zip from sd card then choose zip from sd card for both files wait I think I just answered my first question :-P but just to make sure can you let me know, as you can tell I'm new to this and very nervous. Thanks for your guys help.

You can put it on either because when you're in recovery and you select the option to select zip it will ask you if you want to choose from internal or external. Just remember where you put them.

removed

#27 Stvn2569

Stvn2569

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 10:25 PM

You guys are great I really appreciate your patience, understanding and help. Do I need to wipe in any specific order?

#28 Collin James

Collin James

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 10:26 PM

You guys are great I really appreciate your patience, understanding and help. Do I need to wipe in any specific order?

No it doesn't matter.

removed

#29 Stvn2569

Stvn2569

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 10:35 PM

No it doesn't matter.

ok thanks

#30 bluex

bluex

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 10:50 PM

ok thanks

no problem, guess we were typing at the same time lol

#31 Stvn2569

Stvn2569

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 10:58 PM

no problem, guess we were typing at the same time lol

ok Im going to try to flash the rom ill let you know what the out come is, ugh. its funny i do tactical and undercover security and i would rather face a suspect with a weapon then do this stuff to my phone,lol.
  • Torin_93 likes this

#32 Collin James

Collin James

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 10:58 PM

ok Im going to try to flash the rom ill let you know what the out come is, ugh. its funny i do tactical and undercover security and i would rather face a suspect with a weapon then do this stuff to my phone,lol.

Well you came to the right place cause we all feel the exact opposite!

removed

#33 Stvn2569

Stvn2569

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 11:03 PM

lol thanks

#34 chavist

chavist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 11:12 PM

Any word on the wifi tether

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#35 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 11:51 PM

In the meantime please use FoxFi. I am working on utility stuff right now but tomorrow night I will release a Revision 3 that includes a new APK for lots of extra battery saving called CPU Sleep. When you enable it yourself it will keep one of your CPU cores off while the phone is locked and not in use. I used it today on my XT910, and Gary (spc_hicks) used it today on his XT912 and both of us report better battery life.
  • todroid and Torin_93 like this

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#36 Stvn2569

Stvn2569

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 12:36 AM

lol thanks

Collin can i use Apex or Nova Launchers with this rom?

#37 Stvn2569

Stvn2569

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 12:38 AM

Collin can i use Apex or Nova Launchers with this rom?

#38 Stvn2569

Stvn2569

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 12:49 AM

Can I still use Apex or Nova Launchers after flashing Arctic?

#39 Nilius17

Nilius17

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 01:44 AM

I'm on Rev1 and the sql edit works fine for the built in app

#40 bluex

bluex

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 01:48 AM

Can I still use Apex or Nova Launchers after flashing Arctic?

Yes wipe, flash the rom, then gapps then the launcher of your choice....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users