newskate9

Older Than You

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • LocationCentral PA
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD, Razr Maxx, Nexus 7

Posted 12 July 2012 - 03:14 AM

OK, so even more battery stuff coming - great.

BUT - I backed up my Eclipse, installed this ROM, restored all my goodies and went to bed. I woke up this morning to a truck load of VZW 6250 text messages, and immediately went back to Eclipse. It took me a while to get rid of those darn messages, having them come back is bad juju. I had to get Verizon to "undo" my backup assistant to end them last time and I have never used backup assistant in my life.

So, I'm up for tryin this again, especially with more battery goodies - anyone have similar 6250 messages when loading? Anyone know how to stop them? I already followed everystep I've ever read about. Maybe this ROM is undoing something?
  • tonyo50138 likes this

Proud father of a US Marine

#42 chavist

chavist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 03:18 AM

I'm on Rev1 and the sql edit works fine for the built in app

The edit works it's the app that keeps closing

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#43 DCarrollUSMC

DCarrollUSMC

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
  • LocationBloomington, Illinois

Posted 12 July 2012 - 03:44 AM

Matt, I've been running the new application since you gave it to Gary and myself. I have to say, this is the first time I've really noticed a difference in battery. It's a great app.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2
  • tonyo50138 likes this
Posted Image

#44 redls1

redls1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 04:03 AM

BUT - I backed up my Eclipse, installed this ROM, restored all my goodies and went to bed. I woke up this morning to a truck load of VZW 6250 text messages, and immediately went back to Eclipse. It took me a while to get rid of those darn messages, having them come back is bad juju. I had to get Verizon to "undo" my backup assistant to end them last time and I have never used backup assistant in my life.

So, I'm up for tryin this again, especially with more battery goodies - anyone have similar 6250 messages when loading? Anyone know how to stop them? I already followed everystep I've ever read about. Maybe this ROM is undoing something?

I have it happening to me. I'm a liitle slow and couldn't find it on myverizon web page to fix. Have called Verizon before and they helped in the past but not this time. Also use to be a post/sticky here that explained how to but can never search and find it.

#45 Seaxulf

Seaxulf

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 04:30 AM

I had this happening to me. Turns out it's related to Verizon Backup Assistant - Email Sync. Disable email sync and the texts should stop coming.

Edit: It's actually Backup Assistant Plus, should be able to get to the options from this link

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#46 newskate9

newskate9

Older Than You

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • LocationCentral PA

Posted 12 July 2012 - 04:40 AM

I had this happening to me. Turns out it's related to Verizon Backup Assistant - Email Sync. Disable email sync and the texts should stop coming.

Yeah but.............. on eclipse, I have email accounts, multiple. I have sync on everything. NO 6250. When I went to Arctic, the 6250's came and I had NO emails set up, not one. So, I had nothing to disable. Or, are you talking about something in another location I need to check, so I can check in eclipse while i'm on it?

#47 Nubia1

Nubia1

JUST A COOL OLD GUY WHO LIKES ANDROID

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts
  • LocationCincinnati,Ohio
  • Current Device(s):DROID RAZR MAXX HD/ OG RAZR MAXX

Posted 12 July 2012 - 04:51 AM

Can I still use Apex or Nova Launchers after flashing Arctic?

I'm using apex now.. Apexpro in fact

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  • dillanshives likes this

#48 Seaxulf

Seaxulf

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 05:00 AM

Yeah but.............. on eclipse, I have email accounts, multiple. I have sync on everything. NO 6250. When I went to Arctic, the 6250's came and I had NO emails set up, not one. So, I had nothing to disable. Or, are you talking about something in another location I need to check, so I can check in eclipse while i'm on it?

Doesn't matter what you have on your device, it's through your Verizon account. If you have an email account in backup assistant plus a notification is sent. On stock it shows in the notification bar and not as a text message. Might be something with debloating and removing what usually handles the notification.
  • rosso likes this

#49 newskate9

newskate9

Older Than You

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • LocationCentral PA

Posted 12 July 2012 - 05:04 AM

Doesn't matter what you have on your device, it's through your Verizon account. If you have an email account in backup assistant plus a notification is sent. On stock it shows in the notification bar and not as a text message. Might be something with debloating and removing what usually handles the notification.

So that makes sense - but I don't use it, never have, have no email backed up to it, and on eclipse with 5 emails accounts, I get no messages or notifications. I conclude it has something to do with the ROM. I'm not knocking the ROM, I WANT to use it! I just want the madness to stop! :)

#50 Seaxulf

Seaxulf

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 05:08 AM

Verizon auto enrolls you to backup assistant plus, as soon as i unchecked the email sync option I stopped receiving the annoying text.

#51 ZombiePd

ZombiePd

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Google+:bskaricich@gmail.com
  • LocationNorth East Ohio

Posted 12 July 2012 - 05:10 AM

Again I would like to ask how you get the stock ICS launcher to work on this ROM? I am unable to do so after flashing the zip file. Mainly interested in getting the moto contacts widget.

#52 redls1

redls1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 05:21 AM

Verizon auto enrolls you to backup assistant plus, as soon as i unchecked the email sync option I stopped receiving the annoying text.

I also hate to bring this up in the thread. I go to the website and it wants me to agree and sign up. I also never use it.

#53 vols4life

vols4life

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 06:15 AM

Just cancel the email sync and it's gone. You don't have to change your plan or anything, it's a free service so just uncheck and go through the steps and all is well. I had to do it when I flashed KoA.
  • tonyo50138 likes this

#54 tonyo50138

tonyo50138

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 06:18 AM

i get a text from this same number, the text i get so far has been just a number. It is annoying i get one every hour sometimes more. :(

#55 newskate9

newskate9

Older Than You

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • LocationCentral PA

Posted 12 July 2012 - 06:33 AM

Matt - since you're working on REV 3, I have a suggestion. And this is from a person that knows NOTHING about what you guys do.

Suggestion: I've never had a 6250 issue on eclipse. I've had them on this ROM, and iKream. In Nitros intro page to his ROM he talks about getting rid of backup assistant stuff. Is there a way for you two to have a cup of coffee perhaps, maybe share some code, talk in zero's and ones........... and make this a non-issue for those of us who keep getting creamed?

#56 Seaxulf

Seaxulf

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 06:35 AM

Found this about the texts

#57 chiahead52

chiahead52

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 06:36 AM

its an issue with Verizon and the backup assistant plus(sync email)..go to your my verizon and turn that feature off. Done......I sometimes have to do this on each ROM I flash

#58 chiahead52

chiahead52

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 06:40 AM

Found this about the texts

I think this is for Inc 2 owners as I do not have that as an option under my features and settings

#59 Stvn2569

Stvn2569

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 06:58 AM

Yes wipe, flash the rom, then gapps then the launcher of your choice....

Bluex I just wanted to thank you and Collin for help you guys really did make it easy and also calmed
my nerves about flashing Arctic and Gapps. i did it and so far everything is going great. Once again i want to thank you, Collin and the Android community.

#60 redls1

redls1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 07:01 AM

I've looked at that several times and can't find that in myverizon account. Don't know why mine is different. Again I know nothing also but have seen in some Rooms one line that says something about sync service. I always use bloatfreezer to freeze it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users