Photo

Droid Razr Utility 1.81 [Windows] For Verizon Droid Razr/maxx Only!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
546 replies to this topic

#281 Daniel644

Daniel644

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 11:38 PM

anyone know if this Utility has been updated with the .215 kernel yet ?

NO, its not been updated, if it was Matt would have updated the first post with a new version, screenshots and added directions to go to .215

I doubt we will see it come to the utility as it is a zip that MUST be flashed via stock recovery and not a file that can be pushed via adb.

#282 dldrake

dldrake

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 01:08 PM

I have been digging around the web and forums all day and can't quite seem to find any reference to this particular error:
load_file: could not allocate 1397751808 bytes
error: cannot load "webtop.img"

This is using DRU1.8.1, option 1. The fastboot appears to work fine, minus this error, and boots into a stock 211. I was even able to apply the 215 patch on top and everything seemed fine. I don't use webtop, but I was curious if anyone else had seen this or has any idea? The perfectionist in me would like to fix any errors if possible before I spend too much time customizing and have to fastboot it again.

#283 bkabner

bkabner

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Twitter:bkabner
  • Google+:bkabner
  • LocationBarbourville, KY

Posted 26 July 2012 - 02:25 PM

I am currently on .215 not rooted or anything. I installed it using Moto recovery from .211. I have had better 4G connectivity and battery just as others have had. However, my 3G reception with the radio upgrade in .215 have been worse. I can deal with .211 using more battery, especially to have better 3G connection in my area. My question is what is the best way to downgrade back to .211 from .215. Should I just download Matt Utility 1.81 and choose option 1? I want to keep my data. Thanks in advance. I have read through many different threads...I just want to make sure I do not brick my phone. Thanks to everyone on this forum...but of much help since I upgraded to the razr maxx from the crapple iphone.

#284 Daniel644

Daniel644

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 03:01 PM

I am currently on .215 not rooted or anything. I installed it using Moto recovery from .211. I have had better 4G connectivity and battery just as others have had. However, my 3G reception with the radio upgrade in .215 have been worse. I can deal with .211 using more battery, especially to have better 3G connection in my area. My question is what is the best way to downgrade back to .211 from .215. Should I just download Matt Utility 1.81 and choose option 1? I want to keep my data. Thanks in advance. I have read through many different threads...I just want to make sure I do not brick my phone. Thanks to everyone on this forum...but of much help since I upgraded to the razr maxx from the crapple iphone.

You have to do option 1 to revert to stock .211 from .215, this will, and cannot be avoided, wipe the internal data so backup your apps (microSD is left alone IIRC, so put everything there that you want to save)

#285 bkabner

bkabner

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 03:08 PM

Thanks Daniel. Will do that to save data. So just but phone in debugging mode, use option 1, and follow along with DRU on screen commands? Do I need to do a wipe in recovery like I did when I went to .211 from GB?

#286 Nitewolf

Nitewolf

Member of the BEST android community

• Superuser
  • 643 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 05:39 PM

Thanks Daniel. Will do that to save data. So just but phone in debugging mode, use option 1, and follow along with DRU on screen commands? Do I need to do a wipe in recovery like I did when I went to .211 from GB?

The utility will take care of any data wiping. Just AP fastboot and run the utility.
Posted Image

#287 bkabner

bkabner

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 12:00 PM

Finally got the time to fastboot and go back to .211 stock. Also, today just completed rooting the phone. Now I need to find some information on superuser, titanium backup, and root toolbox. Thanks for all the help and for this great utility.

#288 chinkster

chinkster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 10:17 PM

is there anyway to download this faster?

#289 geka

geka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Google+:gene.volchenko

Posted 30 July 2012 - 11:55 AM

Hi guys, I have multiple problems with Droid Razr. First I started to have issues with screen rotation, it flipped landscape mode and stays like that. Now I have tried to fastboot back to .211 from .215 and I cannot put the phone into AP Fastboot mode. I go to the menu, but volume down or volume up or power buttons do not work. Can you please help?
Thanks

#290 Nitewolf

Nitewolf

Member of the BEST android community

• Superuser
  • 643 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 01:00 PM

Go to last post in this thread

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Posted Image

#291 islandfever

islandfever

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 02:31 PM

How do I downgrade from .215 to .214.....I am having issues with this radio on 215

#292 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 30 July 2012 - 02:49 PM

How do I downgrade from .215 to .214.....I am having issues with this radio on 215

Fastboot back to .211 and then load .214 through stock recovery

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#293 islandfever

islandfever

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 02:51 PM

Fastboot back to .211 and then load .214 through stock recovery

No way to do it with just the boot img's in this file?

Also is there any info that the .215 radio has more data issues than 211 or 214?

#294 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 30 July 2012 - 03:06 PM

No way to do it with just the boot img's in this file?

Also is there any info that the .215 radio has more data issues than 211 or 214?

Not that I know of... Can't just load radios due to our famously locked bootloader

From what I have seen .215 has been better. Have you tried a wipe and factory reset yet??

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#295 islandfever

islandfever

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 03:20 PM

Not that I know of... Can't just load radios due to our famously locked bootloader

From what I have seen .215 has been better. Have you tried a wipe and factory reset yet??

Maybe I will try that. It could also be the ROM Im usuing (r3ds latest, I know drama here on him)....I dont want to give up the HDMI option though.

What do you think is the nest ROM still getting HDMI?

#296 MobGod

MobGod

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 07:54 AM

wondering if anyone can help me out with this phone i can't get into fastboot atleast that is the way it seems to me i have a white dot right now it's plugged into the computer does that mean it's charging? just trying to get this phone fixed if i hold the volume up and down with power key i just get the dual core but than it goes black after a min or so

#297 vshore100

vshore100

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 07:50 AM

First of all, thanks to all who take so much time into putting things out there like this for the world to use...especially for free. You guys rock! I recently switched to Verizon a few months back and got the XT912 razr. It's been a great phone so far. About three weeks or so ago it updated to ICS 4.0.4 from GB 2.3. Now I want to root it. I've been digging around trying to find the best way to do this and so far your's has been the best I've seen. Now on to my question. The only thing I need to use in the utility is option two correct. assuming I have it plugged in to my comp, have it in MTP mode with usb debugging enabled? Thanks for any and all help given. The more the better because I REALLY don't want to screw this phone up! :D

#298 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 08:04 AM

First of all, thanks to all who take so much time into putting things out there like this for the world to use...especially for free. You guys rock! I recently switched to Verizon a few months back and got the XT912 razr. It's been a great phone so far. About three weeks or so ago it updated to ICS 4.0.4 from GB 2.3. Now I want to root it. I've been digging around trying to find the best way to do this and so far your's has been the best I've seen. Now on to my question. The only thing I need to use in the utility is option two correct. assuming I have it plugged in to my comp, have it in MTP mode with usb debugging enabled? Thanks for any and all help given. The more the better because I REALLY don't want to screw this phone up! :D

Yes, only the option for ICS 4.0.4 Root is what you need. Make sure the drivers are installed so it can see your device as well.

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#299 vshore100

vshore100

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 08:10 AM

Yes, only the option for ICS 4.0.4 Root is what you need. Make sure the drivers are installed so it can see your device as well.

Thanks so much for the fast reply. I'll give it a go and report back the results. :D

#300 rc54

rc54

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 09:00 AM

I would love to take advantage of this great utility that Matt has graciously provided to the community but I've downloaded the 1.81 file twice now and each time I try to open it windows reports the error: "Windows cannot open the folder. The compressed (zip) folder is invalid." I've tried searching for another link somewhere but cannot locate it anywhere else, other than a torrent link, which I guess is not being seeded as it hasn't downloaded anything.

I'm just wondering if it's my download or something else going on. Anyone else seeing this problem?

Thanks...RC

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users