Photo

Droid Razr Utility 1.81 [Windows] For Verizon Droid Razr/maxx Only!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
546 replies to this topic

#301 vshore100

vshore100

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 09:41 AM

It worked like a charm!!! This was super easy to do also. Now that it is rooted, will I have to unroot this when ever a new update becomes available? If so...how do I do that? Thanks again!

#302 Nitewolf

Nitewolf

Member of the BEST android community

• Superuser
  • 643 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 02:08 PM

It worked like a charm!!! This was super easy to do also. Now that it is rooted, will I have to unroot this when ever a new update becomes available? If so...how do I do that? Thanks again!

Get voodoo OTA rootkeeper. You can get it from the utility or from the playstore.open it after install and select "protect root". When an OTA update becomes available, simply go back to voodoo and select "temp unroot". You will now be able to receive updates as long as you don't have frozen or deleted bloatware that VZW has so generously given us with all the nags and updates for them lol. If you decide to install safestrap, that must also be deleted in order to get updates via OTA. After the update go to voodoo and re enable root.

The other option is to use the utility to revert to total stock
Posted Image

#303 Nitewolf

Nitewolf

• Superuser
  • 643 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 02:17 PM

I would love to take advantage of this great utility that Matt has graciously provided to the community but I've downloaded the 1.81 file twice now and each time I try to open it windows reports the error: "Windows cannot open the folder. The compressed (zip) folder is invalid." I've tried searching for another link somewhere but cannot locate it anywhere else, other than a torrent link, which I guess is not being seeded as it hasn't downloaded anything.

I'm just wondering if it's my download or something else going on. Anyone else seeing this problem?

Thanks...RC

First thing I would do is check the MD5 with something like fastsum File checker to see if it's been corrupted. Get 7zip to extract it if windows refuses
Posted Image

#304 rc54

rc54

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 08:53 AM

Thanks for the help.

I finally got it, but I had to download it with my phone. For some reason it just would not download completely on my computer. Doesn't make any sense to me as I have never had any problems in the past downloading. I've downloaded avi files larger than this with no problems. But for some reason the droidrazrutility1.81 or the 1.8 files just would not download completely. I even tried the 1.7 and it would not download correctly either. Don't know if it's my computer, router or my ISP, but something was interfering with it.

Oh well, play time now.

Thanks again.,,RC

#305 Dr_G_Baby

Dr_G_Baby

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 08:31 AM

Does anyone have a mirror download? Mine is taking forever. I tried Oaklands idrive but i think his exceeded his 30 dl limit...

#306 claps1775

claps1775

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts
  • LocationIowa. Close to the University of Iowa.

Posted 03 August 2012 - 10:02 AM

I do not see the drivers in the folder after I extracted them. Gives option for file it's self. I got the 5.9 drivers from Motorola's website. Installed and rebooted computer. Put phone in ap fastboot. Ran option #1 and it does not recognize my phone. What am I doing Wrong?

I have Moto Razr....I will cut you.
To powerful to fall into my hands. Click......Rooted. ICS rommed!!!!! Muhahahahah!!!!

#307 Daniel644

Daniel644

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 11:38 AM

I do not see the drivers in the folder after I extracted them. Gives option for file it's self. I got the 5.9 drivers from Motorola's website. Installed and rebooted computer. Put phone in ap fastboot. Ran option #1 and it does not recognize my phone. What am I doing Wrong?

If you don't see the drivers then something is wrong with your download, redownload it and this time download 1.81 not 1.8, 1.8 needs a patch file to work right to begin with, but if your already missing the drivers in your 1.8 then only God knows what else is damaged or corrupted.

#308 hazzerdis

hazzerdis

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 11:40 AM

is this safestrap v2?

#309 Brad92

Brad92

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 624 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 04 August 2012 - 11:41 AM

Yes, safestrap 2.0 for ICS

Sent from my DROID RAZR

#310 Nitewolf

Nitewolf

• Superuser
  • 643 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 04:58 PM

Open the zip file.. not the extracted one, to view the items. If the driver folders are there you haven't fully extracted ALL the files.
Posted Image

#311 tcrazr11

tcrazr11

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 08:16 PM

Noob question....

Used 1.81 to install .211 but after it complete and I reboot the phone will show the moto logo and then goes blank. I get nothing on the screen. anyone seen this because I'm coming up empty.

Ignore this... I went into the chat and received the help to put me on the right path...

Edited by tcrazr11, 05 August 2012 - 09:01 PM.

#312 DoubleJava

DoubleJava

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 03:38 PM

tcrazr,

What was the fix? I think I have same issue. Used 1.81 to install .211 using option #1. Now phone boots up to Dual Core logo and then just goes black.

Thanks!

#313 tcrazr11

tcrazr11

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 04:00 PM

tcrazr,

What was the fix? I think I have same issue. Used 1.81 to install .211 using option #1. Now phone boots up to Dual Core logo and then just goes black.

Thanks!

I was having the same exact problem you described.... If your running GB .181 Guru told me that you can't use the 1.81 utility to get to .211. One of the steps Guru suggested was that I use utility 1.6 to install .181 get the OTA .211. After that was done I was able to flash with the .215 leak and move on to the custom rom of choice.

Big Thanks to Guru for helping me out
  • lpulle and gemini846 like this

#314 DoubleJava

DoubleJava

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 07:55 AM

tcrazr11,

That did the trick! Used Utility v1.6 to flash back to GB (.181), and then did an OTA update to .211. Thanks - saved me from a bricked phone!

#315 livinitwarrior

livinitwarrior

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Turbo 64GB, Nexus 7, Midnight

Posted 07 August 2012 - 03:07 PM

I have a new Razr Maxx from verizon, and had my old one on .215, but whenever I try to do this one, it gives me a Status 7 error. Shouldn't, but does. Gone through all of the forums searching for the "why" and fixes, and none match up. This is stock ICS .211 straight from them rooted, and yet it does it regardless in recovery. So I'm thinking of using the utility to make the phone think it's restored with the #1 option- but does that wipe the device, or will it upgrade the apps like a normal OTA update? Thanks ahead of time

#316 Nitewolf

Nitewolf

• Superuser
  • 643 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 03:09 PM

Not to be rude but the OP clearly states 1.81 is to be used to RESTORE 211... not install it

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Posted Image

#317 livinitwarrior

livinitwarrior

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 03:11 PM

hence my question. Might be a noob question, but since my recovery isn't allowing any sideloading (even when trying to go to .214), same error. I'd really like to NOT wipe the phone in order to do this, but .215 gave me a huge boost in signal on the other phone

#318 Nitewolf

Nitewolf

• Superuser
  • 643 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 03:11 PM

I have a new Razr Maxx from verizon, and had my old one on .215, but whenever I try to do this one, it gives me a Status 7 error. Shouldn't, but does. Gone through all of the forums searching for the "why" and fixes, and none match up. This is stock ICS .211 straight from them rooted, and yet it does it regardless in recovery. So I'm thinking of using the utility to make the phone think it's restored with the #1 option- but does that wipe the device, or will it upgrade the apps like a normal OTA update? Thanks ahead of time

It will wipe data

Posted Image

#319 livinitwarrior

livinitwarrior

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 03:12 PM

sigh. afraid of that- thanks

#320 Nitewolf

Nitewolf

• Superuser
  • 643 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 03:13 PM

hence my question. Might be a noob question, but since my recovery isn't allowing any sideloading (even when trying to go to .214), same error. I'd really like to NOT wipe the phone in order to do this, but .215 gave me a huge boost in signal on the other phone

My previous post was not directed towards you lol

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users