Photo

Droid Razr Utility 1.81 [Windows] For Verizon Droid Razr/maxx Only!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
546 replies to this topic

#321 bfederspill

bfederspill

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts
  • LocationRoy, Utah
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 08 August 2012 - 08:58 AM

Thanks Matt, finally rooted my Maxx using your 1.81 utility program and it worked great the first time. Thank you so much, it was very easy. Now to get the courage up to flash a different Rom....

I have BusyBox, OTA Rootkeeper, ROM Toolbox Pro, Titanium BU installed, anything else that you suggest that I need (or one of these that I don't need)?
Also I have FoxFi installed (but I haven't tried it yet). Should it work ok since I am now rooted or should I use something else?

Again thanks for your help and for your utility program.

#322 Nitewolf

Nitewolf

Member of the BEST android community

• Superuser
  • 643 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 12:42 PM

Thanks Matt, finally rooted my Maxx using your 1.81 utility program and it worked great the first time. Thank you so much, it was very easy. Now to get the courage up to flash a different Rom....

I have BusyBox, OTA Rootkeeper, ROM Toolbox Pro, Titanium BU installed, anything else that you suggest that I need (or one of these that I don't need)?
Also I have FoxFi installed (but I haven't tried it yet). Should it work ok since I am now rooted or should I use something else?

Don't forget safestrap :P
Posted Image

#323 Daniel644

Daniel644

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 01:14 PM

You need safestrap 2.0 to do custom ROMs and the latest version of Foxfi works, just the first time launching you might have to change the SSID name and reboot the phone, but it will work after that (these instructions are on the Foxfi play store page and I can confirm it worked for me).

#324 bfederspill

bfederspill

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts
  • LocationRoy, Utah
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 08 August 2012 - 03:07 PM

I'll read up on installing roms and using safestrap first before I take the plunge, it's a little different than th D1 & D2G was. I'm just glad to be rooted so I can freeze some of this junk that came stock on my phone. Thanks for the info on FoxFi.

#325 Daniel644

Daniel644

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 05:50 PM

I'll read up on installing roms and using safestrap first before I take the plunge, it's a little different than th D1 & D2G was. I'm just glad to be rooted so I can freeze some of this junk that came stock on my phone. Thanks for the info on FoxFi.

everything you need for safestrap newbie (like I was)

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#326 Stigma222

Stigma222

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationFort Bragg, NC From Buffalo, NY

Posted 09 August 2012 - 11:49 AM

Well done
Posted Image6.16.211.XT912

#327 Kegapult

Kegapult

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 11:34 AM

Ok sorry if I ask stupid question or repeated one. I have watched the video(s). I have downloaded 1.81. About to attempt my first ever root of RAZR 6.16.211.XT912 running pushed out ICS 4.0.4. I know to select MTP (done), usb debugging(done), and allow mock locations(done). Now am I suppose to run driver .bat first then when it gets done and then droidrazrutil.bat? Also what do I need to do afterwards or is that it? Also am I right in 1.81 is the one I need. Sorry for long post and many questions. I am nervous and anxius at the same time and really hoping this works. Thanks in advance Matt or whomever takes time to help me.

#328 Daniel644

Daniel644

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 01:11 PM

Ok sorry if I ask stupid question or repeated one. I have watched the video(s). I have downloaded 1.81. About to attempt my first ever root of RAZR 6.16.211.XT912 running pushed out ICS 4.0.4. I know to select MTP (done), usb debugging(done), and allow mock locations(done). Now am I suppose to run driver .bat first then when it gets done and then droidrazrutil.bat? Also what do I need to do afterwards or is that it? Also am I right in 1.81 is the one I need. Sorry for long post and many questions. I am nervous and anxius at the same time and really hoping this works. Thanks in advance Matt or whomever takes time to help me.

install drivers first (only install the 1 for your version of windows 32 bit or 64 bit they are labeled) once drivers are completely installed and the phone is set with said settings plug phone into computer, wait for computer to "install drivers" like what happens everytime you plug something up to the computer for the first time then run the utility and choose option 2 in the utility and follow on screen directions.
  • Kegapult likes this

#329 Kegapult

Kegapult

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 01:48 PM

thx for reply. I have ran utility and it processed. I now have superuser access. Thx again for taking time to answer me. Also the other options 3 through 5 and #7, do I need to install these also. If so do I do them the same way? Thx again Bro. Nervousness now gone and excited. lol

#330 Daniel644

Daniel644

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 05:34 PM

thx for reply. I have ran utility and it processed. I now have superuser access. Thx again for taking time to answer me. Also the other options 3 through 5 and #7, do I need to install these also. If so do I do them the same way? Thx again Bro. Nervousness now gone and excited. lol

don't use bootstrap (all the ICS ROMs for verizon razr's require safestrap and you can't have both on your phone it WILL brick if you put both., if you want to do a custom ROM then install safestrap, but only do that if you want a custom ROM, personally I don't recommend to do the .214 (option 7) my battery life decreased 10-20% with it, you could do the voodoo, root keeper, but really you won't need it till the next OTA, so no hurry

#331 Nitewolf

Nitewolf

• Superuser
  • 643 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 05:36 PM

DO NOT install bootstrap and safestrap together.. you wont be a happy camper if you do. recommended install safe strap. DO NOT do option 6 as this is to undo option 7.
Posted Image

#332 Nitewolf

Nitewolf

• Superuser
  • 643 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 05:37 PM

don't use bootstrap (all the ICS ROMs for verizon razr's require safestrap and you can't have both on your phone it WILL brick if you put both., if you want to do a custom ROM then install safestrap, but only do that if you want a custom ROM, personally I don't recommend to do the .214 (option 7) my battery life decreased 10-20% with it, you could do the voodoo, root keeper, but really you won't need it till the next OTA, so no hurry

lol in b4 me :P
Posted Image

#333 MrFrankRazr

MrFrankRazr

Dedicated Supporter

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts
  • Twitter:@MrFrankReyna
  • Google+:frankreyna
  • LocationSoCal, USA
  • Current Device(s):LG G2 on VZW

Posted 12 August 2012 - 06:04 PM

I finally upgraded from the original leak .75!!! I used this utility without any problems and I'm finally on .211 with. 215 Kernel and SafeStrap!!! Whewwww!

Moved on to the LG G2 on VZW and lovin it!

#334 patch5

patch5

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 04:15 PM

adb isn't being recognized.. i saved the rar to my desktop, debugging is on, set to camera, blah blah blah... why doesn't this work?

#335 DRaulie2003

DRaulie2003

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 04:26 PM

Is anyone else having a problem downloading the file? I have tried to download it several times and have only successful in downloading it twice but there is something wrong with them and they won't un-zip. Any suggestions? I would really like to take my razr back to stock and then update to the latest leak because my phone is havng some problems now after installing a rom. Please help. Thanks.

#336 Kegapult

Kegapult

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 09:24 AM

@

- I just downloaded 1.81 last weekend and followed steps by Matt and

. My phone is rooted and working great. It was done so quick that I thought it didnt work until i looked for Superuser app.

Also thanks

and

for the quick replies, help, and advice. It is much appreciated

#337 Kegapult

Kegapult

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 09:31 AM

@

I set debuuging on, mtp mode, and allow mock locations. My drivers (driver folder) were already up to date so plugged my phone in via usb (it installed device drivers) and then I ran droidrazrutil.bat. Followed on screen prompt to make selection and press any key to continue (cannot remember which one was first). I used option 2 via advice from Daniel644. Not sure which option for your phone (list details for it and these guys that are more knowledgable will guide you). I was done in a matter of minutes. Good luck Bro but you should be fine just double check your steps

#338 Daniel644

Daniel644

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 09:42 AM

adb isn't being recognized.. i saved the rar to my desktop, debugging is on, set to camera, blah blah blah... why doesn't this work?

Did you UNZIP the file after downloading, it won't work if you don't UNZIP. You have to unzip the ZIP (not RAR) file after it completely downloads then install drivers, then run droidrazrutility.bat, you can't just run it from the zipped file.

#339 DRaulie2003

DRaulie2003

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 11:22 AM

I finally got the file to successfully download and unzip. I fastbooted my phone back to 211 stock but now I can't get into stock recovery. Every time I try I get the dead droid laying on his back with an exclamation point above him. I used option 1 to fastboot and then the other options to root and install voodoo root keeper. I want to install the 215 leak but I can't get into stock recovery. Do I need to just redo the process? I also copied the files to make version 1.8 go to 1.81 but it still didn't install webtop, do I really need webtop and will it affect me from installing leaks and ota's without it? Thanks in advance.

#340 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 15 August 2012 - 11:51 AM

I finally got the file to successfully download and unzip. I fastbooted my phone back to 211 stock but now I can't get into stock recovery. Every time I try I get the dead droid laying on his back with an exclamation point above him. I used option 1 to fastboot and then the other options to root and install voodoo root keeper. I want to install the 215 leak but I can't get into stock recovery. Do I need to just redo the process? I also copied the files to make version 1.8 go to 1.81 but it still didn't install webtop, do I really need webtop and will it affect me from installing leaks and ota's without it? Thanks in advance.

On the dead droid screen press both volume buttons at the same time to bring up the menu.

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users