Photo

Droid Razr Utility 1.81 [Windows] For Verizon Droid Razr/maxx Only!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
546 replies to this topic

#341 patch5

patch5

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 02:10 PM

i don't understand this, i have unzipped, debugged on, mock on, etc.. yet it still says "waiting for device" while my device is in ap fastboot. I have tried all 3 usb connections including mass storage because this is ridiculous.. wth is wrong with this?

I have done this about 10 times before and never had a problem yet this time i'm getting extremely frustrated. thanks for the help to everyone in the past and future =)

i'm a ____ing idiot... i was in ap fastboot lmao thanks everything

#342 rbtlvfev

rbtlvfev

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Google+:rbtlvfevmoto@gmail.com

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:23 AM

Hi all, I'm a new user for Razr Maxx. I had few questions I need to ask all of members here. Hope your can give me a opinion. Thanks all of you.

1. What's the different ROOT or NOT ROOT?????
2. After ROOT, what are the important apps that i need to install???
3. After ROOT, is there any special function or effect that I can install or change it???
4. What is ROM?????
5. After ROOT, is it means that i can install any ROM?????
6. After ROOT or install any ROM, would it make phone error or lagging?????

Sorry, I'm a new user. Hope all of you can answer my question. Once again thanks all of you!!!!!

#343 pioneer

pioneer

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 05:22 AM

Thanks a lot!I very like this tools!

#344 Nitewolf

Nitewolf

Member of the BEST android community

• Superuser
  • 643 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 07:39 AM

Hi all, I'm a new user for Razr Maxx. I had few questions I need to ask all of members here. Hope your can give me a opinion. Thanks all of you.

1. What's the different ROOT or NOT ROOT?????
2. After ROOT, what are the important apps that i need to install???
3. After ROOT, is there any special function or effect that I can install or change it???
4. What is ROM?????
5. After ROOT, is it means that i can install any ROM?????
6. After ROOT or install any ROM, would it make phone error or lagging?????

Sorry, I'm a new user. Hope all of you can answer my question. Once again thanks all of you!!!!!

Root simply means you have su privaleges on your phone, meaning you can change any aspect or functionality within the scope of the kernel. It allows you to modify system files you otherwise would not have access to, be it for positive or negative results. Just rooting the cell will not create errors. Those are caused by user error.

Installing a non compatable ROM could have negative results.

Not sure if what I have said answers any questions you have lol
Posted Image

#345 rbtlvfev

rbtlvfev

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 08:53 AM

Root simply means you have su privaleges on your phone, meaning you can change any aspect or functionality within the scope of the kernel. It allows you to modify system files you otherwise would not have access to, be it for positive or negative results. Just rooting the cell will not create errors. Those are caused by user error. Installing a non compatable ROM could have negative results. Not sure if what I have said answers any questions you have lol

Thanks for your explain.

How can I know I need to ROOT or not?????
What are the kernel that I can change??? And what are the things I need to modify systems file after ROOT??? Could you make a example?????
Before I ROOT, what are things I need to check and take note?????
I never ROOT before, if my Razr Maxx after ROOT got any problem or error, can I return back to before I ROOT?????

#346 Brad92

Brad92

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 624 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 16 August 2012 - 09:45 AM

You don't need to root. But if you like flashing roms, customizing your phone and having complete control over it, you'll want root. Once you're rooted, you don't have to change anything if you don't want to; you just have the capability to now.

If you want to go back to stock, just run option 1 of the utility to fastboot.

#347 rbtlvfev

rbtlvfev

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 10:33 AM

You don't need to root. But if you like flashing roms, customizing your phone and having complete control over it, you'll want root. Once you're rooted, you don't have to change anything if you don't want to; you just have the capability to now. If you want to go back to stock, just run option 1 of the utility to fastboot.

Thanks for your reply.

May I know after I ROOT my Razr Maxx, is anything or apps I need to install??? That I can make my phone special, and changing some functionality with kernel?????
I heard that some of the Titanium Backup or Superuser......actually those apps what is their functions????? And is there any apps that can make my phone special, or modify themes,desktop,setting?????

Sorry, I'm a new user, maybe to much of questions......sorry...

#348 Daniel644

Daniel644

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 01:56 PM

Thanks for your reply.

May I know after I ROOT my Razr Maxx, is anything or apps I need to install??? That I can make my phone special, and changing some functionality with kernel?????
I heard that some of the Titanium Backup or Superuser......actually those apps what is their functions????? And is there any apps that can make my phone special, or modify themes,desktop,setting?????

Sorry, I'm a new user, maybe to much of questions......sorry...

Well you can use ROMtoolbox app to change fonts and the boot screen, it also has a function similar to titanium backup, basically look at the app you want to use and if it says ROOT required then root, if not then there really is no reason for you to ROOT.

#349 rbtlvfev

rbtlvfev

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 08:49 PM

Well you can use ROMtoolbox app to change fonts and the boot screen, it also has a function similar to titanium backup, basically look at the app you want to use and if it says ROOT required then root, if not then there really is no reason for you to ROOT.

Thanks for your relply.

That's will be great!!! Another one more questions, if after ROOT is there any apps that similar like I-Phone Cydia?????
Example I-Phone in the Apps Store a app need to buying, but in the Cydia is free. What I means is in the Play Store some apps need to buy, in another like Cydia apps that no need to buy, just straight away can install. Is there any apps?????

#350 Daniel644

Daniel644

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 09:25 PM

Thanks for your relply.

That's will be great!!! Another one more questions, if after ROOT is there any apps that similar like I-Phone Cydia?????
Example I-Phone in the Apps Store a app need to buying, but in the Cydia is free. What I means is in the Play Store some apps need to buy, in another like Cydia apps that no need to buy, just straight away can install. Is there any apps?????

there is the Amazon app store, with many free apps and paid apps, then there are several ILLEGAL "app markets" that get you paid apps for free, but I won't discuss or even name them, because they are illegal and discussion of them is against site rules.

#351 rbtlvfev

rbtlvfev

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 10:35 PM

there is the Amazon app store, with many free apps and paid apps, then there are several ILLEGAL "app markets" that get you paid apps for free, but I won't discuss or even name them, because they are illegal and discussion of them is against site rules.

Thanks for your relpy.

Thanks all of you give me a nice explain. Now I know waht I want, and I will ROOT my Razr Maxx.
If I have anything don't know or question, I will ask your agian. Don't angry because of my disturb. WAKAKAKKKKK
Once again, thanks all of you. Nice to meet all of you!!! :D :D :D

#352 ryan8r

ryan8r

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Twitter:@ryan8r
  • LocationBeyond the Grave..

Posted 16 August 2012 - 10:55 PM

If I install the .215 ota , will I be able to flash back to .211 ? I mean is it downgradable?

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

#353 superrelaxx

superrelaxx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 921 posts
  • Twitter:jasNwa
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 17 August 2012 - 12:57 AM

If I install the .215 ota , will I be able to flash back to .211 ? I mean is it downgradable?

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

You bet. We now have the 211 fastboot files.

#354 jgrnght

jgrnght

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 03:47 AM

The download link keeps dying a few seconds into the download... any ideas, mirrors?

#355 raxrmaxx1945

raxrmaxx1945

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 12:01 PM

Well, I just did the following to my Maxx and need confirmation that all is well:

I already had 211 so did not do #1

I ran #2 without any problems and gained root; show superuser in the apps list.

Updated to the 214 kernel

The phone seems to be running fine; did not loose data or programs during this operation.

The only questions I have are, do I need to #3? I read this as permanent root but allows OTA's to be done. Also, which if either of 4 and 5 should I do or which would you reccomment?

Thanks and thanks to the guys the put this together. A lot easier than rooting my original Droid.

#356 Daniel644

Daniel644

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 12:23 PM

Well, I just did the following to my Maxx and need confirmation that all is well:

I already had 211 so did not do #1

I ran #2 without any problems and gained root; show superuser in the apps list.

Updated to the 214 kernel

The phone seems to be running fine; did not loose data or programs during this operation.

The only questions I have are, do I need to #3? I read this as permanent root but allows OTA's to be done. Also, which if either of 4 and 5 should I do or which would you reccomment?

Thanks and thanks to the guys the put this together. A lot easier than rooting my original Droid.

Don't do bootstrap, and only do safestrap if you plan on running a custom ROM, as it is REQUIRED to do custom ROMs and serves virtually no other purpose.

voodoo is kinda unnecessary unless the next update patches the exploit used to root.

#357 ksidirt

ksidirt

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Twitter:@KsiDirt

Posted 21 August 2012 - 12:41 PM

Okay I need some help here. I've been using a very outdated ICS ROM by axi0n over at DroidHive for like 4 months, and it's time for me to upgrade. What is the best way for me to get up to date with the current ROMs? Should I restore to OTA then re-root? Or am I good to just flash a new ROM?

Thanks ^__^

#358 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 21 August 2012 - 12:46 PM

Okay I need some help here. I've been using a very outdated ICS ROM by axi0n over at DroidHive for like 4 months, and it's time for me to upgrade. What is the best way for me to get up to date with the current ROMs? Should I restore to OTA then re-root? Or am I good to just flash a new ROM?

Thanks ^__^

You should restore to .211 with option 1 of this utility then use this to re-root, install safe strap and off you go to load up some new roms
  • ksidirt likes this

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#359 ksidirt

ksidirt

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Twitter:@KsiDirt

Posted 21 August 2012 - 12:52 PM

You should restore to .211 with option 1 of this utility then use this to re-root, install safe strap and off you go to load up some new roms

Thanks for the fast reply and help!

#360 MrFrankRazr

MrFrankRazr

Dedicated Supporter

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts
  • Twitter:@MrFrankReyna
  • Google+:frankreyna
  • LocationSoCal, USA
  • Current Device(s):LG G2 on VZW

Posted 21 August 2012 - 06:10 PM

Make sure you do the step to keep root with VooDoo!

Moved on to the LG G2 on VZW and lovin it!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users