Photo

[ROM] [4.4] Aviator Gummy 2.1 [01/21/14] Come and get some KitKat!

4.4 KitKat ROM Gummy XT912 RAZR

• Please log in to reply
533 replies to this topic

#281 Silarn

Silarn

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx, Nexus 7

Posted 08 January 2014 - 03:04 PM

Thanks for the info, and I'm going to show more noobiness.

On the Gapps...does it matter which file I flash if I only need one? and forgive me....what does its noted in the OP mean?

I flashed the newest gapps, and like I said, I am not seeing google maps or you tube, and who knows what else. Thank you for your patience with me.

Part of the goal of this Rom is to remove as much bloat as possible from the system apps. As such, because they are non essential, Maps and YouTube are not installed by default. Just get them from the Play Store.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk

#282 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 08 January 2014 - 03:16 PM

Part of the goal of this Rom is to remove as much bloat as possible from the system apps. As such, because they are non essential, Maps and YouTube are not installed by default. Just get them from the Play Store.

Silarn-

Absolutely correct...My Opinion, I would Not consider Maps or YouTube as Bloatware...Its essential for most Phones and Phone Operators...Maybe YouTube is a Push...

But your statement is True

Its Bubba...."Stubborn In Your Bones"

#283 Silarn

Silarn

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 08 January 2014 - 03:44 PM

Though I do have it installed, I rarely use YouTube. And while it may be the most ubiquitous and arguably feature rich, there are other options for maps and naVigation. And if you happen to love Map Quest, there's no real point in also having Google Maps installed.

#284 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 08 January 2014 - 04:30 PM

Though I do have it installed, I rarely use YouTube. And while it may be the most ubiquitous and arguably feature rich, there are other options for maps and naVigation. And if you happen to love Map Quest, there's no real point in also having Google Maps installed.

Map Quest is Awesome Too...Why don't you like Google Maps?

#285 mdcowby

mdcowby

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 228 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, Maryland
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx

Posted 08 January 2014 - 07:15 PM

I had a few hours today so I decided to start all over with this Rom I deleted Rom Slot 1 and recreated and installed the Rom again let is sit for a bit before I installed all my apps all is seems to be working now ttbu installed all my apps without stopping as it did a few times before, I still get that process thing going on, on boot which seems to have no effect.

I like the Battery bar option and that your able to change colors on the clock and having the center clock option thanks for adding that in this. That is the main reason I like this Rom its not the speed or anything I think most Roms are fast some lag but I think all run pretty equal I have only seen a few CM Rom's that have just the color change of the clock no clock position I think there was an old Jb rom that had the battery bar in it I was going to search for it and just use it but I wanted to be a bit updated with a newer Rom. anyways all working ok now wifi no issues, youtube working now, still don't know the issue of why my sound files wont play from media/audio/ringtones or notifications when deleting all the files and installing 6 files that I use,  I got a could not copy due to a memory issue I copied and pasted again and they installed dont know why I got a memory issue

anyways the files wont play when clicking them I have to use rings extended to have them work. I don't know what is causing that problem. anyways thanks for the hard work on this guys...

#286 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 08 January 2014 - 08:12 PM

I had a few hours today so I decided to start all over with this Rom I deleted Rom Slot 1 and recreated and installed the Rom again let is sit for a bit before I installed all my apps all is seems to be working now ttbu installed all my apps without stopping as it did a few times before, I still get that process thing going on, on boot which seems to have no effect.

I like the Battery bar option and that your able to change colors on the clock and having the center clock option thanks for adding that in this. That is the main reason I like this Rom its not the speed or anything I think most Roms are fast some lag but I think all run pretty equal I have only seen a few CM Rom's that have just the color change of the clock no clock position I think there was an old Jb rom that had the battery bar in it I was going to search for it and just use it but I wanted to be a bit updated with a newer Rom. anyways all working ok now wifi no issues, youtube working now, still don't know the issue of why my sound files wont play from media/audio/ringtones or notifications when deleting all the files and installing 6 files that I use,  I got a could not copy due to a memory issue I copied and pasted again and they installed dont know why I got a memory issue

anyways the files wont play when clicking them I have to use rings extended to have them work. I don't know what is causing that problem. anyways thanks for the hard work on this guys...

The Force Close with Processing happens on a Hard Boot...Meaning Power Down/Turn On...your right, it doesn't have any effect with Performance after it Initiates the force close...

Question:

Sound Files...You mentioned or I miss Understood you Deleted the files and Installed or try to Install 6 files that you use...If you Install everything as mentioned the Media Files should work...Do you have other Media Files outside the built in files...Sounds like a Conflicts or its Defaulting to another Media File earlier Installed...Maybe...

I never have any issues with the 4 Slots and Different ROMs with Media Sounds...Email, Text, Notifications, New Alerts Etc...

Explain

#287 mdcowby

mdcowby

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 228 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, Maryland
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx

Posted 08 January 2014 - 08:47 PM

The Force Close with Processing happens on a Hard Boot...Meaning Power Down/Turn On...your right, it doesn't have any effect with Performance after it Initiates the force close...

Question:
Sound Files...You mentioned or I miss Understood you Deleted the files and Installed or try to Install 6 files that you use...If you Install everything as mentioned the Media Files should work...Do you have other Media Files outside the built in files...Sounds like a Conflicts or its Defaulting to another Media File earlier Installed...Maybe...

I never have any issues with the 4 Slots and Different ROMs with Media Sounds...Email, Text, Notifications, New Alerts Etc...

Explain

I have never had an issues either I've always deleted the sound files in media/audio/ notifications and ringtones I don't use them so I just get rid of them I had my own files six of them I put the six in notification directory and six and ringtone directory I would reboot and they would be in the directory when I go to attach them to something they would play, they are in the directory in this Rom but don't play I attached one to and alarm to test it and i get this error I took a screenshot so right now I'm using rings extended to grab them from my SD card. I just don't understand why they're not reading from the file directory

Attached Files

#288 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 09 January 2014 - 01:40 AM

I have never had an issues either I've always deleted the sound files in media/audio/ notifications and ringtones I don't use them so I just get rid of them I had my own files six of them I put the six in notification directory and six and ringtone directory I would reboot and they would be in the directory when I go to attach them to something they would play, they are in the directory in this Rom but don't play I attached one to and alarm to test it and i get this error I took a screenshot so right now I'm using rings extended to grab them from my SD card. I just don't understand why they're not reading from the file directorySent from my XT912 using Tapatalk

Did Media/A/N/R work before you delete ZKK007 files?

It's Bubba
"Stubborn In Your Bones"

#289 Silarn

Silarn

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 09 January 2014 - 07:58 AM

Map Quest is Awesome Too...Why don't you like Google Maps?

Just giving some examples of why YouTube and Google Maps don't really belong as system apps. There are alternatives, and they aren't needed to run your phone. So I understand why Team Gummy deems them unnecessary as mandatory system apps.

#290 ZKK007

ZKK007

That Kiwi Guy

• Developer
  • 1,687 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX, USA.
  • Current Device(s):XT912, XT907

Posted 09 January 2014 - 05:01 PM

I have never had an issues either I've always deleted the sound files in media/audio/ notifications and ringtones I don't use them so I just get rid of them I had my own files six of them I put the six in notification directory and six and ringtone directory I would reboot and they would be in the directory when I go to attach them to something they would play, they are in the directory in this Rom but don't play I attached one to and alarm to test it and i get this error I took a screenshot so right now I'm using rings extended to grab them from my SD card. I just don't understand why they're not reading from the file directory Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk

Do you see the files using a file explorer and if so, are the permissions correct? Also, make sure your ext SD card is mounted. Go Settings>Storage and Mount SD Card. The ext SD sometimes has a harder time mounting from boot.

bWyLE9l.jpg

Donate? Click on signature :)

#291 drewski11

drewski11

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts
  • LocationSF Bay Area, CA

Posted 09 January 2014 - 05:13 PM

I have never had an issues either I've always deleted the sound files in media/audio/ notifications and ringtones I don't use them so I just get rid of them I had my own files six of them I put the six in notification directory and six and ringtone directory I would reboot and they would be in the directory when I go to attach them to something they would play, they are in the directory in this Rom but don't play I attached one to and alarm to test it and i get this error I took a screenshot so right now I'm using rings extended to grab them from my SD card. I just don't understand why they're not reading from the file directory Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk

Do you see the files using a file explorer and if so, are the permissions correct? Also, make sure your ext SD card is mounted. Go Settings>Storage and Mount SD Card. The ext SD sometimes has a harder time mounting from boot.

+1 on setting the right permissions. i've added a couple of *.ogg files and they play fine.

permissions should be rw-r--r--

Droid Razr MaxxSS3.6 AviatorBlur / CM11 N10 | RastaKat Xoom Wifi | Big Part 4.3 N7 | MultiROM / RastaKat OG Droid | kfazz CM10 port

#292 DerekAwesome

DerekAwesome

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 01:48 PM

I'm not sure if this has been covered in this thread, but I just wanted to let you know a little about my experience with this rom in the past couple of weeks.

First off, I have had some issues with unresponsiveness (similar to unofficial JB roms last year), but after messing with governor settings (what helped in JB), I haven't found a way to circumvent this. I have to restart my phone around 2 to 8 times a day due to this.

Second, while this rom FLIES most of the time, a lot of apps , like dropbox and soundcloud, are completely unusable, unresponsive, and frequently force quit. 

FINALLY, I seem to have no ability to install personally downloaded apps (apps not from google play).

I'm not trying to complain, just wanted to point out some of the issues I have found. Like i said, besides the occasional problem, this rom flies. I'm gonna try the CM variant next.

-D

#293 ZKK007

ZKK007

That Kiwi Guy

• Developer
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 02:59 PM

I'm not sure if this has been covered in this thread, but I just wanted to let you know a little about my experience with this rom in the past couple of weeks.

First off, I have had some issues with unresponsiveness (similar to unofficial JB roms last year), but after messing with governor settings (what helped in JB), I haven't found a way to circumvent this. I have to restart my phone around 2 to 8 times a day due to this.
Second, while this rom FLIES most of the time, a lot of apps , like dropbox and soundcloud, are completely unusable, unresponsive, and frequently force quit.
FINALLY, I seem to have no ability to install personally downloaded apps (apps not from google play).

I'm not trying to complain, just wanted to point out some of the issues I have found. Like i said, besides the occasional problem, this rom flies. I'm gonna try the CM variant next.

-D

Haha, flies... I like what you did there :p

The first two are known issues, but the third is a new one to me. I don't have any issues installing apk files which I keep in my dropbox. When asked about the security check, I just decline and the app installs no problem.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 4

bWyLE9l.jpg

#294 droidrzrmaxx

droidrzrmaxx

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 05:09 PM

Re did the phone. Installed latest and only flashed 08 gapps. So far all is working. Using WiFi right this second. Deleted a few system apps.
*I would still like to not have that sound when I take a pic. I don't have an option to turn it off.
*would like to be able to get rid of the alarm in the status bar (both of them),
*I figured out how to put 8 apps in the lock screen. There are a ton of options on this. Nice work.
*is there a way to make the SMS pop up window bigger?
*using a gummy WP, pretty nice designs.
*thanks for getting rid of Beats. It NEVER worked for me. I always deleted it and used another EQ. This new one works great!

#295 droidrzrmaxx

droidrzrmaxx

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

#296 droidrzrmaxx

droidrzrmaxx

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Why does this keep happening?

#297 drewski11

drewski11

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts
  • LocationSF Bay Area, CA

Posted 11 January 2014 - 06:48 PM

-D

you have Unknown Sources approved in Settings->Security?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Droid Razr MaxxSS3.6 AviatorBlur / CM11 N10 | RastaKat Xoom Wifi | Big Part 4.3 N7 | MultiROM / RastaKat OG Droid | kfazz CM10 port

#298 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:21 AM

Got my backup 912 all Gummied up. Everything seems to be working fine, but again its just a backup to my 926 so it doesnt get even a fraction of the use. But always love ZKK's ROM's :)

Hope alls well with your training Z.

#299 ZKK007

ZKK007

That Kiwi Guy

• Developer
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 12:08 PM

Training was done months ago cmh, I've been flying the line for awhile now and have seem most of the country from New Mexico east. That's all there really is anyway ;)

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 4

• cmh714 likes this

bWyLE9l.jpg

#300 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 12 January 2014 - 12:11 PM

Excellent!! Funny :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 4.4, KitKat, ROM, Gummy, XT912, RAZR

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users