Photo

[ROM] [4.4] Aviator Gummy 2.1 [01/21/14] Come and get some KitKat!

4.4 KitKat ROM Gummy XT912 RAZR

• Please log in to reply
533 replies to this topic

#321 drewski11

drewski11

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts
  • LocationSF Bay Area, CA

Posted 15 January 2014 - 12:54 PM

Camera is FC'ing in the 1/15 build

I tried the usual suspects. Clear camera data etc in ROM, Wipe Cache / Dalvik, Fix Permissions. No dice. Camera still FC'ing

Flashed the newest JBX Kernel that was non-HD Camera ready (pre 1/14) I had which was 1/10 (aka v2.1.1) and camera started working . . . odd.

Droid Razr MaxxSS3.6 AviatorBlur / CM11 N10 | RastaKat Xoom Wifi | Big Part 4.3 N7 | MultiROM / RastaKat OG Droid | kfazz CM10 port

#322 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 15 January 2014 - 06:29 PM

ZKK-a-Duke...

Can't get any Tethering from both Aviators ROMs...Other than that both are Awesome...

Not to bore you I do the same process to Fire-up Tethering as everyone else...It starts up...then I use the Drop Down Window to Touch for Setup...and it lays Inactive...Even Putting in my correct Passkey doesn't activate this Puppy...

Downloaded the Fix but it still doesn't work...tried to Back Door off a build.prop from HD but DV asked if I was on the same device with SQ Lite...I said...No...Figured I could Piggyback off the build.prop and change the numerical numbers to activate...

Nope...What do I do...Not a priority but would be nice if it worked.. 

Its Bubba...."Stubborn In Your Bones"

#323 drewski11

drewski11

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 07:37 PM

ZKK-a-Duke...

Can't get any Tethering from both Aviators ROMs...Other than that both are Awesome...

Not to bore you I do the same process to Fire-up Tethering as everyone else...It starts up...then I use the Drop Down Window to Touch for Setup...and it lays Inactive...Even Putting in my correct Passkey doesn't activate this Puppy...

Downloaded the Fix but it still doesn't work...tried to Back Door off a build.prop from HD but DV asked if I was on the same device with SQ Lite...I said...No...Figured I could Piggyback off the build.prop and change the numerical numbers to activate...

Nope...What do I do...Not a priority but would be nice if it worked..

flashing the cm11 wifi fix zip working for me on this build.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Droid Razr MaxxSS3.6 AviatorBlur / CM11 N10 | RastaKat Xoom Wifi | Big Part 4.3 N7 | MultiROM / RastaKat OG Droid | kfazz CM10 port

#324 mpodval

mpodval

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
  • Twitter:mpodval
  • Google+:mpodval
  • LocationNew York

Posted 15 January 2014 - 07:39 PM

Just curious anyone else thinking about the etf promo from t mobile...

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk

#325 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 15 January 2014 - 08:06 PM

Just curious anyone else thinking about the etf promo from t mobile...

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk

Sounds Wicked Nice... It's area coverage I worry about

Its Bubba
"Stubborn In Your Bones"

#326 BandedinNY10101

BandedinNY10101

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationNY
  • Current Device(s):DROID RAZR

Posted 15 January 2014 - 08:45 PM

This ROM is perfect....Except YouTube doesn't work for me :(

Edit: Camera also does not work.

#327 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 16 January 2014 - 01:56 AM

Thanks Drew...

I'll give it another Dance Flashing the WiFi Fix from CM...

#328 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 16 January 2014 - 02:02 AM

Have you tried to Delete YouTube from your Phone Then Reflash/Reload this App?...Or possibly to Hot Boot your phone to Refresh your UI System to line up the Ducts...

#329 deboyz1014

deboyz1014

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 05:11 AM

Where do you find the cm11 wifi fix zip?

#330 drewski11

drewski11

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 08:50 AM

BandedinNY10101, on 15 Jan 2014 - 8:45 PM, said:

This ROM is perfect....Except YouTube doesn't work for me :(

Edit: Camera also does not work.

I flashed the JBX Kernel 1/10 (v2.1.1) and the camera started working.

I think any JBX through 1/13 will be OK, but I had the 1/10 on my SD card.

The current JBX Kernel (2.1.4 and newer) is for ROMs with camera full HD Video fixes (CM11 1/14+) so don't flash that. I tried it and it didn't fix the camera.

#331 drewski11

drewski11

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 08:51 AM

post fail

#332 BandedinNY10101

BandedinNY10101

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationNY
  • Current Device(s):DROID RAZR

Posted 16 January 2014 - 09:49 AM

I flashed the JBX Kernel 1/10 (v2.1.1) and the camera started working.

I think any JBX through 1/13 will be OK, but I had the 1/10 on my SD card.

The current JBX Kernel (2.1.4 and newer) is for ROMs with camera full HD Video fixes (CM11 1/14+) so don't flash that. I tried it and it didn't fix the camera.

I can confirm that my YouTube and Camera work on an older kernel. It does not work on the 1/15 one.

Thank you very much!

#333 gudziel

gudziel

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 07:07 PM

So I have a couple of questions and would GREATLY appreciate some clarifications.

I haven't rooted my phone since I got Aviator (don't remember the version) about a year, or almost a year, ago.  Needless to say, it's been a while.  Not only was Aviator the first ROM on my Razr Maxx that I had since I put ROM's onto my Droid X, but Safestrap never gave me the ability to place numerous ROMs onto my phone at one time along with Stock before Aviator.  Ok, done rambling about my past, I just wanted to show that I kinda know what I'm doing.  I've rooted many times before, but not recently to the point where I've lost track of the different steps you need to take now.

With that all said, here is my problem that is touched on before me.  But I'm having problems understanding.

1)  Neither Youtube, Camera, nor even any flashlight apps are working.  They just FC. 

2)  My phone seems to be rebooting on it's own.  It has done it twice now for no reason.  Sitting on my desk next to me.  Any ideas?

3)  My lockscreen does not turn off after an alotted time.  Meaning, if I hit the power button and do not enter in the pin to log into my phone, it does not turn off like previous Aviators did (or stock).  How do I get it to turn off naturally?

4)  I've literally just installed Aviator Gummy 2.1 and have received a prompt from OTA_Updater to install 1.1.0.  I thought that this was the latest?  Should I install it?  Last time I did the OTA_Updater on my previous Aviator version it had messed up my phone to where I had to factory reset my phone.

Other than these questions, from what I've done on this version of Aviator is awesome.  I love the smaller fonts and customization possibilities that have been provided here so far.  I will continue to play with it tomorrow but if I could get some answers about my problems/questions, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you all and thank you Dev. for your hard work.  I love the Aviator ROM's!!!!!!

-G

Other than these minor problems

#334 drewski11

drewski11

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 08:18 PM

So I have a couple of questions and would GREATLY appreciate some clarifications.

I haven't rooted my phone since I got Aviator (don't remember the version) about a year, or almost a year, ago. Needless to say, it's been a while. Not only was Aviator the first ROM on my Razr Maxx that I had since I put ROM's onto my Droid X, but Safestrap never gave me the ability to place numerous ROMs onto my phone at one time along with Stock before Aviator. Ok, done rambling about my past, I just wanted to show that I kinda know what I'm doing. I've rooted many times before, but not recently to the point where I've lost track of the different steps you need to take now.

With that all said, here is my problem that is touched on before me. But I'm having problems understanding.

1) Neither Youtube, Camera, nor even any flashlight apps are working. They just FC.
2) My phone seems to be rebooting on it's own. It has done it twice now for no reason. Sitting on my desk next to me. Any ideas?
3) My lockscreen does not turn off after an alotted time. Meaning, if I hit the power button and do not enter in the pin to log into my phone, it does not turn off like previous Aviators did (or stock). How do I get it to turn off naturally?
4) I've literally just installed Aviator Gummy 2.1 and have received a prompt from OTA_Updater to install 1.1.0. I thought that this was the latest? Should I install it? Last time I did the OTA_Updater on my previous Aviator version it had messed up my phone to where I had to factory reset my phone.

Other than these questions, from what I've done on this version of Aviator is awesome. I love the smaller fonts and customization possibilities that have been provided here so far. I will continue to play with it tomorrow but if I could get some answers about my problems/questions, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you all and thank you Dev. for your hard work. I love the Aviator ROM's!!!!!!

-G

Other than these minor problems

#1 see posts right above yours. Older JBX kernel. Pre 1/14
#4 ignore the OTA

2 & 3 not sure

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

#335 gudziel

gudziel

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 04:16 AM

@Drewski11:

Thank you for replying.  I'm trying to locate the JBX Kernel (I read post above but was unsure what exactly was required) and am not having any luck.  So any links for JBX 1/10 - 1/13 would be greatly appreciated.  I've been googling to no avail as I'm seeing "Hybrids" and I don't believe I want that.  As I've mentioned before, it's been so long since I've last done any of this I haven't been keeping up on any of the change logs and/or order of operations on programming.  This brings me to another question; once I download this, can I just flash this through Safestrap over Slot 1 (which contains my current Aviator installation) or will I have to delete that slot and re-install everything?

Thanks again for everyone's help!!!!!

#336 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 17 January 2014 - 06:16 AM

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

• drewski11 likes this

#337 gudziel

gudziel

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 06:43 AM

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I've left that page open in case it was said that the JBX-Hybrid was in fact the correct kernel.

Thanks for linking it!!!  

Ok, time to move forward and go from there.

#338 drewski11

drewski11

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 07:01 AM

I've left that page open in case it was said that the JBX-Hybrid was in fact the correct kernel.

Thanks for linking it!!!  

Ok, time to move forward and go from there.

That's the right one!

Should not have to recreated the slot. Just Flash it onto the slot you have Avatar Gummy installed.

#339 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 17 January 2014 - 07:05 AM

You can even get apps to do the flash so you dont have to go to recovery......flashify and I think ROM Installer does it too, and possibly nandroid manager

I think that should work in SS.....but never tried it since my xt912 is a spare in my drawer

#340 gudziel

gudziel

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 09:59 AM

You can even get apps to do the flash so you dont have to go to recovery......flashify and I think ROM Installer does it too, and possibly nandroid manager

I think that should work in SS.....but never tried it since my xt912 is a spare in my drawer

IT'S ALIVE!!!!!!!  IT'S ALIVE!!!!!!  

Thank you all for your help.  One final thing, or two, that I've also noticed that would like answered, please?

1)  It takes a little longer than normal (approx 2min) from phone being off completely and powered on until I have 4g signal and everything is up.  Normal?

2)  Every time I pwr my phone up, and I mean every time, it updates my phone, all of my apps, tells me about the OTA Update available, AND also tells me that the processor is not working and prompts to wait (which I always do) or close.  How can I stop this or what did I do???? Anyone experience these issues????

Other than that, if I leave my phone on, everything seems to be working perfectly.  Great job Dev!!!!!!!!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 4.4, KitKat, ROM, Gummy, XT912, RAZR

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users