Photo

[ROM] [4.4] Aviator Gummy 2.1 [01/21/14] Come and get some KitKat!

4.4 KitKat ROM Gummy XT912 RAZR

• Please log in to reply
533 replies to this topic

#481 roach38122

roach38122

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationChampaign Illinois
  • Current Device(s):LG Optimus Dynamic, Droid Razor Maxx

Posted 08 February 2014 - 01:44 AM

I'm about to switch from Straight Talk to Pageplus. Tired of this crappy LG38C when I have MY PRECIOUS Maxx. I don't want to hurt her though....

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Are those instructions up to date/standards? It was posted nearly a year ago and networks change. I see others have done the same. What instructions did you use and how recent were they made?

Yes this method works. FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS TO THE T. If you get lost or need help, let me know. I was on the same crappy LG38C and was tired of "Low memory issues. I'm on a DROID RAZR xt912 that was dropped in a toilet. Mt bosses wife dropped it and I got it and took the back off of the phone. Cleaned oxidation off of battery connection with an old brush and the VOL buttons because I couldn't scroll through the menu. So I brought the phone back from the grave, flashed to PagePlus, and now I'm running Android 4.4 KitKat.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk

#482 roach38122

roach38122

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 01:46 AM

Great upgrade from LG38C. I have a two year old phone that has everything you'd find on a brand new phone on the shelf.

#483 Silarn

Silarn

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx, Nexus 7

Posted 08 February 2014 - 06:32 AM

Tried numerous times to no avail. Here is a screenshot.

About five seconds later, the same dialer box is there and says couldn't initialize.

Same thing for me, but it's very specific. The audio connection works, Mic and speaker, but if you try to initiate voice commands it fails. I seem to recall the stock Rom letting you choose your voice command app on launch as well, but now we have this new app that always runs and fails.

It would really be great to go completely hands free. Annoying bug for Bluetooth headset users.

P.s. I've tried with two competently different headset devices and have the same problem. Jawbone Era and an old one from a different manufacturer.

#484 trekie4ever

trekie4ever

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 10:21 AM

Thanks for the response. Yah. 2 year old 'end of life' Razr Maxx that they realized is too f'in awesome so they keep it locked down so people don't revert back to it (FCC complaint to upgrade it from the OG to Maxx *snickers*). It's been in a Otterbox Defender since the day I got it and it even has the sticker on the back with the MEID and such. But I transferred the line to my sister's Iphone 4s she bought second hand to save cash on my phone bill and so my family didn't have to renew and upgrade her line to that crappy tiered share plan. I want my babeh back :).

just been sitting for like 5 months now. Audio port is a little loose but I can manage.

Thank you page plus. Screw you Straight Talk.

#485 roach38122

roach38122

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 10:38 AM

Thanks for the response. Yah. 2 year old 'end of life' Razr Maxx that they realized is too f'in awesome so they keep it locked down so people don't revert back to it (FCC complaint to upgrade it from the OG to Maxx *snickers*). It's been in a Otterbox Defender since the day I got it and it even has the sticker on the back with the MEID and such. But I transferred the line to my sister's Iphone 4s she bought second hand to save cash on my phone bill and so my family didn't have to renew and upgrade her line to that crappy tiered share plan. I want my babeh back :).
just been sitting for like 5 months now. Audio port is a little loose but I can manage.

Thank you page plus. Screw you Straight Talk.

Everything work?

#486 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 09 February 2014 - 04:08 AM

Density Font...

20 or 21 will not allow me to change from 182 to 240 ...Followed the OP Instructions and ZKK007 Post to the Tee...

Reset Default Settings and Rebooted....still will not allow me to make changes

Any Ideas...Not a Big Deal Just dont want the Small Font on Update 21...

Its Bubba...."Stubborn In Your Bones"

#487 desertech

desertech

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 08:30 AM

is anyone else having problems with phone freezing and having to hold power just to get it to reboot? and what is the most up to date version of this rom?

#488 strawdragon

strawdragon

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 09:25 AM

MY XT912 is also freezing. Last time it was trying to send a text message.

Certain settings in the phone responds with stopped responding and closed.

Freshly defaulted phone, Installed updated 2.1 and latest gapps.

Also the OTA update reports it wants to install 1.1.2

#489 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 10 February 2014 - 10:06 AM

is anyone else having problems with phone freezing and having to hold power just to get it to reboot? and what is the most up to date version of this rom?

Yes,
Not often but it does freeze...I've narrowed it down to Lock Screen shutting down at the same time receiving a Call or Emails causing a freeze

It's Bubba
"Stubborn In Your Bones"

#490 trekie4ever

trekie4ever

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 12:32 PM

Everything work?

Need to get a clean SIM from Verizon or just will buy one on Amazon. I've already walked through it once and did a factory reset. I have the software. So I know it doesn't break the phone. Hopefully I'll be up and running sometime tomorrow.

#491 roach38122

roach38122

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 02:30 PM

You can buy a 4g one at a Verizon store for $9.99. That's where I got mine at.

#492 desertech

desertech

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 05:24 PM

Yes,
Not often but it does freeze...I've narrowed it down to Lock Screen shutting down at the same time receiving a Call or Emails causing a freeze

It's Bubba
"Stubborn In Your Bones"

mine was doing it a few times a day plus every time it finally booted up the 2 icons to the far right of the app drawer are gone it drove me crazy to the point i had to flash my other rom 

#493 rc54

rc54

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 12:46 PM

Anybody have any issues with Dropbox on this rom? I just flashed this rom on my XT912 and everything is working great except for Dropbox. I can't get it to play nice with this rom for some reason. I can install it and open it but as soon as I hit the Sign In link it FC every time. I've read thru these forums and tried everything that I can think of but I always end up with the same result. I love the Rom but I really need Dropbox to work. I was using the CM11 rom until I found the Gummy roms, and Dropbox was working fine with that one.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

By the way, very nice job to the devs with these roms. I don't know how (or even why) you people put so much work, time and effort into developing these roms for the masses, but I for one appreciate it...my hat goes off to all of you! Thank you!

#494 drewski11

drewski11

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts
  • LocationSF Bay Area, CA

Posted 12 February 2014 - 09:51 PM

Is there anyway around the Bluetooth issues. I assume they are issues. Maybe I should ask differently.
Has anyone else had issue with pairing Bluetooth devices and if so any fix?
Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I've had this with all the KK ROMs I've tried. Gummy, CM11, Mokee.

BT Keyboard & speakers pair OK. Headset No. Jawbone Icon.

Not sure of any fix.

Pairs on stock or Blur based ROMs

Sent from my Xoom Wifi using Tapatalk

• chris.vball likes this

Droid Razr MaxxSS3.6 AviatorBlur / CM11 N10 | RastaKat Xoom Wifi | Big Part 4.3 N7 | MultiROM / RastaKat OG Droid | kfazz CM10 port

#495 nko12

nko12

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 12:22 PM

I'm not sure if anyone else is having this as a bug, but data connection, mostly through the cell data but sometimes with Wifi as well, is often non-existent. I almost always have a voice connection, but after the phone has been restarted, data only lasts from 2 hours to 3-4 days before my phone just says there is no data connection. Anywhere. I know it isn't my phones antennae because before this rom, I had perfect 4G data connection at almost all times. Now, even when I do have connection, it is always a weak and almost useless signal. Yes, I know this rom still has bugs, but could this be looked into? This ROM is really good with a lot of settings to play with, but the cell connection is probably my biggest issue that I think should really be looked at. If this is a problem only I am having, I guess I'll have to reflash everything.

#496 Silarn

Silarn

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx, Nexus 7

Posted 15 February 2014 - 12:42 PM

Data is usually solid for me, but if I lose my data for an extended period, sometimes it refuses to come back until I reboot. I occasionally have similar issues with GPS.

#497 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 15 February 2014 - 01:23 PM

Does it have 3g? We have a big 4G 3g mix

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Yes...much Slower Imo

It's Bubba
"Stubborn In Your Bones"

#498 chaosnyx

chaosnyx

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 01:18 PM

I keep getting a 'No APN specified on device' pop up. When it initially was happening I did not have any data, but apparently mobile data was turned off for some reason. Turned it on, was able to acquire a VERY weak 4g signal which i lose if I turn my WiFi on..connected back to 4g by disabling my WiFi and now the "No APN specified on device" keeps popping up.I really like it so far. I switch back over to a different rom slot seeing as I just wanted to see how stable this was...which so far seems awesome. I'll post anything else that comes up.

#499 BigCWIshon

BigCWIshon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationKansas
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX

Posted 19 February 2014 - 07:17 PM

So what's the BEST most STABLE update version of this ROM to use? Really would like to know(:

YeLcxY9.jpg

#500 chaosnyx

chaosnyx

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 06:26 AM

Well after you play with it, it seems to work well. I stupidly restored some system files onto this rom from TB and bricked the slot. Since the fresh install I have had no problems! I can't blame this rom for a weak 4g signal because it's weak either way where I'm at. I can still use it for sure.

It's smooth, is not lagging, haven't fully tested battery but I will. Last 4.4 rom I used it was very buggy! I don't really care that the stock camera doesn't offer external storage option..just use a different camera app. I've also not had any issues with sms, mms, gps, fc, sd card problems, etc. I'm trying this out as a daily runner, and im lovin' the google launcher! Just learned about telling google to "do a barrel roll" lol. Hilarious! Great job on this rom!!! It is amazing!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 4.4, KitKat, ROM, Gummy, XT912, RAZR

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users