Photo

[ROM] [4.4] Aviator Gummy 2.1 [01/21/14] Come and get some KitKat!

4.4 KitKat ROM Gummy XT912 RAZR

• Please log in to reply
533 replies to this topic

#61 ZKK007

ZKK007

That Kiwi Guy

• Developer
  • 1,687 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX, USA.
  • Current Device(s):XT912, XT907

Posted 12 December 2013 - 07:57 AM

New build in the OP!

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 4

• caden likes this

bWyLE9l.jpg

Donate? Click on signature :)

#62 rnh

rnh

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 294 posts
  • LocationA Ct Yankee living in the land of Mass-oles
  • Current Device(s):Razr,

Posted 12 December 2013 - 08:13 AM

New build in the OP!

That was fast. If we dirty flash do we need to flash the gapps also? Thanks

#63 deboyz1014

deboyz1014

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 08:46 AM

Rom slot 1 newly created, 3g not coming on but 4g is.  Wiped cache/dalvik as well as fix permission but to no avail.

#64 mpodval

mpodval

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
  • Twitter:mpodval
  • Google+:mpodval
  • LocationNew York

Posted 12 December 2013 - 10:27 AM

With the new build I am getting "No APN specified" every few seconds

#65 deboyz1014

deboyz1014

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 12:10 PM

You can try to reset APN to see if that will work.  Setings > More > APN > Reset to default, once that is done, can you confirm if 3g is working?  That is important to me since I'm in area where 4g is sketchy

#66 mpodval

mpodval

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 12 December 2013 - 12:12 PM

How do I test if 3G is working? I have a pretty decent 4G signal at home and work...is there a way to temporarily disable 4G?

#67 mpodval

mpodval

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 12 December 2013 - 12:14 PM

You can try to reset APN to see if that will work.  Setings > More > APN > Reset to default, once that is done, can you confirm if 3g is working?  That is important to me since I'm in area where 4g is sketchy

Also I dont have APN under "more". I have Access point networks under Mobile networks but it's grayed out

#68 deboyz1014

deboyz1014

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 12:36 PM

Not sure why APN would be grayed out .  As for disabling 4g, download lte on/off app and change the network to GSM/CDMA. 

#69 deboyz1014

deboyz1014

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 02:16 PM

Installed newest version, no APN error but 3g still not working. 

#70 mpodval

mpodval

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 12 December 2013 - 02:34 PM

I downloaded the "4G toggle" app. it however bring me to the settings screen where APN is grayed out...

No more APN error after reboot

Still getting an error message with OTA updater.

#71 bradg24

bradg24

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 04:12 PM

It looks like somebody over in the Droid 4 forum may have figured out the problem with standalone 3G (on CDMA). They submitted this quick patch:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

This is from xda

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#72 robocuff

robocuff

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 06:10 PM

How do I test if 3G is working? I have a pretty decent 4G signal at home and work...is there a way to temporarily disable 4G?

The 4G toggle app should do it (I would think anyway) but you can do it without the app.  Open your dialer and dial *#*#4636#*#*.  Then select "phone information".  Sroll to where it says "select prefered network type".  Set it to CDMA only.  

#73 ZKK007

ZKK007

That Kiwi Guy

• Developer
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 03:17 AM

There will be an update out this afternoon. I am working so I might not get time to respond to your posts.

bWyLE9l.jpg

#74 ZKK007

ZKK007

That Kiwi Guy

• Developer
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 03:17 AM

Oh, and I haven't fully set up ota updated as most of you have probably seen :p Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 4

bWyLE9l.jpg

#75 ZKK007

ZKK007

That Kiwi Guy

• Developer
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 03:18 AM

Double post.

bWyLE9l.jpg

#76 pdrpunk

pdrpunk

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 04:29 AM

First off... great work!  It looks great!

I am having the issue with the SD storage not being recognized.  I am using the 12/12 build.

I get this error when installing apps:"the app could not be installed on internal storage, or the SD card."  I get an invalid path error when trying to access sdcard0 and sdcard1 in ESFileExplorer.  The cards are showing up correctly in the file system under /storage/sdcard0 and sdcard1 so they are still there, the system seems to just be having trouble locating them. 

Thanks again!  Great work!  I'm looking forward to more updates!

#77 vanwho

vanwho

VanWho

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina
  • Current Device(s):razr maxx xt912

Posted 13 December 2013 - 04:50 AM

First off... great work!  It looks great!

I am having the issue with the SD storage not being recognized.  I am using the 12/12 build.

I get this error when installing apps:"the app could not be installed on internal storage, or the SD card."  I get an invalid path error when trying to access sdcard0 and sdcard1 in ESFileExplorer.  The cards are showing up correctly in the file system under /storage/sdcard0 and sdcard1 so they are still there, the system seems to just be having trouble locating them. 

Thanks again!  Great work!  I'm looking forward to more updates!

I have had the same problem with all of the 4.4 ROMs.  It is only a few apps for me.  Most of them are older games.  I wonder if they are not compatible with 4.4 yet?  Almost all of my other apps install fine.

#78 vanwho

vanwho

VanWho

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 13 December 2013 - 04:55 AM

ZK, thanks for the continued dedication and drive to support our phones.  I know you are busy building the next version right now, but, I looked into the link for the changelog you provided.  I still don't see anything about the slider shortcut options?  By any chance are you adding in this feature on your end of the ROM?  There are a few small things elsewhere that I still prefer in other ROMS, but this is a big feature that almost all other versions of KitKat have now.  It would make Gummy more appealing if it was up to the same UI as the others.  It does seem to be one of the best options for ongoing development right now.

#79 ZKK007

ZKK007

That Kiwi Guy

• Developer
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 06:57 AM

ZK, thanks for the continued dedication and drive to support our phones.  I know you are busy building the next version right now, but, I looked into the link for the changelog you provided.  I still don't see anything about the slider shortcut options?  By any chance are you adding in this feature on your end of the ROM?  There are a few small things elsewhere that I still prefer in other ROMS, but this is a big feature that almost all other versions of KitKat have now.  It would make Gummy more appealing if it was up to the same UI as the others.  It does seem to be one of the best options for ongoing development right now.

I would love to work on the lockscreen, but I don't have time these days. These updates don't take much time since I download the source and then more or less just copy/paste the Aviator extras in. Team Gummy are slowly working on their source, but like everything else, it takes time and the 'ole XT912 isn't exactly on the top of their list. I'll have the XT912 for another few months and then I'll be moving on. So I'll keep doing what I do for at least a few more months. :)

Uploading a build now...

• possnfiffer likes this

bWyLE9l.jpg

#80 vanwho

vanwho

VanWho

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:17 AM

Ok, thanks for the update

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 4.4, KitKat, ROM, Gummy, XT912, RAZR

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users