Photo

[ROM] [4.4] Aviator Gummy 2.1 [01/21/14] Come and get some KitKat!

4.4 KitKat ROM Gummy XT912 RAZR

• Please log in to reply
533 replies to this topic

#81 ZKK007

ZKK007

That Kiwi Guy

• Developer
  • 1,687 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX, USA.
  • Current Device(s):XT912, XT907

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:20 AM

The build isn't going to upload in time. I'll have to upload it when I get to Montreal in about 3 hours :p

bWyLE9l.jpg

Donate? Click on signature :)

#82 possnfiffer

possnfiffer

ROLLER

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationBoulder, CO
  • Current Device(s):XT912-CDMA/LTE

Posted 13 December 2013 - 09:57 AM

Quick question about GPS, do you have a recommended fix URL?

I'm talking about the following instruction.

4. Recommended: Boot into stock system and attain a GPS fix. Then reboot back into Safestrap.

I currently my GPS says I'm a few blocks away, I didn't attain a GPS fix but I did search around and came up empty handed.

YeLcxY9.jpg

#83 ZKK007

ZKK007

That Kiwi Guy

• Developer
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 11:48 AM

Quick question about GPS, do you have a recommended fix URL?

I'm talking about the following instruction.

4. Recommended: Boot into stock system and attain a GPS fix. Then reboot back into Safestrap.

I currently my GPS says I'm a few blocks away, I didn't attain a GPS fix but I did search around and came up empty handed.

I just boot into stock, open maps and wait for a good fix (zoom in and wait until the circle is small).

• possnfiffer likes this

bWyLE9l.jpg

#84 ZKK007

ZKK007

That Kiwi Guy

• Developer
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 12:03 PM

After a bit of thought, I'm not going to put out today's build. There aren't enough improvements between this and yesterdays. We will see what tomorrow holds!

bWyLE9l.jpg

#85 possnfiffer

possnfiffer

ROLLER

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationBoulder, CO
  • Current Device(s):XT912-CDMA/LTE

Posted 13 December 2013 - 01:38 PM

I just boot into stock, open maps and wait for a good fix (zoom in and wait until the circle is small).

I did that as well. It just seemed like you were referring to some .zip file that fixes GPS or something.

YeLcxY9.jpg

#86 ZKK007

ZKK007

That Kiwi Guy

• Developer
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 02:08 PM

I did that as well. It just seemed like you were referring to some .zip file that fixes GPS or something.

Sorry for the miscommunication! You should be fine though, it is only a precaution and was mainly for older builds which suffered from GPS issues. I haven't seen the same issues on 4.4, but it's always better to be safe than sorry :)

• possnfiffer likes this

bWyLE9l.jpg

#87 RoaRk

RoaRk

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Current Device(s):RAZR XT912

Posted 13 December 2013 - 02:46 PM

Why is the APN setting grayed out?

#88 bradg24

bradg24

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:33 PM

Its on all kitkat ROMs

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

DL this and change it to a system app and move it to prev app file in /system.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#89 drewski11

drewski11

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts
  • LocationSF Bay Area, CA

Posted 13 December 2013 - 10:06 PM

They are grayed out, but you can still get to them

1. Go to Voice Dialer and say "Open APNs"
  2. Or you can set a Nova action to open the APN settings.

EDIT: Oops. Corrected VPN => APN

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 4

Edited by drewski11, 14 December 2013 - 11:54 AM.

Droid Razr MaxxSS3.6 AviatorBlur / CM11 N10 | RastaKat Xoom Wifi | Big Part 4.3 N7 | MultiROM / RastaKat OG Droid | kfazz CM10 port

#90 ZKK007

ZKK007

That Kiwi Guy

• Developer
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 04:05 AM

New build in the OP. I haven't flashed this myself since I am not in the states yet. Let me know how it goes!

• tyscheff likes this

bWyLE9l.jpg

#91 caden

caden

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationCambridge, MA
  • Current Device(s):xt912

Posted 14 December 2013 - 10:18 AM

GreETiNGs.. My issue is with Bluetooth MAP profile. Does this build have it?  If not, is there any way that I can somehow upgrade the bt stack in this rom so that it will have the MAP profile?  I ask because I want to use it in my car for sms - so if there's some other app or procedure that would accomplish this, pleeeeeeeeeeeeze tell me about it....!  :p   

You will learn to love me.

YeLcxY9.jpg

#92 ZKK007

ZKK007

That Kiwi Guy

• Developer
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 03:20 PM

GreETiNGs.. My issue is with Bluetooth MAP profile. Does this build have it?  If not, is there any way that I can somehow upgrade the bt stack in this rom so that it will have the MAP profile?  I ask because I want to use it in my car for sms - so if there's some other app or procedure that would accomplish this, pleeeeeeeeeeeeze tell me about it....!  :p   

I honestly wouldn't know where to begin with Bluetooth MAP. I only use bluetooth to make calls through my car, but I haven't needed to do that in awhile. Does the Razr support MAP on stock?

• caden likes this

bWyLE9l.jpg

#93 GTIM2L8

GTIM2L8

A Man On A Mission!

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Twitter:@GTIM2L8
  • Google+:gtim2l8
  • LocationThe Southern State That Started It All.
  • Current Device(s):Raspberry Pi, Droid Razr Maxx HD XT926 - Droid Razr XT912 - TF201 Asus Transformer Prime

Posted 14 December 2013 - 06:50 PM

I saw one post about a wifi tether.

Do any of your 4.4 builds have a working wifi tether?

I need it to run a tablet and that's the only thing holding me back.

• bcetxs likes this

''Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.'' - Albert Einstein

#94 mattdahack

mattdahack

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 07:31 PM

So I installed it today. Works good so far. My issues are as follows.

I can't change the location that the camera saves it's images to. I can't change the video quality in the camera settings because that entire setting is missing from the settings menu. All I have is "Time Lapse" and "Store Location" The entire "Video Quality" setting is missing so I can't use my mms to send video either. I also can't uninstall the launchers and install nova launcher for my launcher as they are set to system apps. That is just the bugs I have found so far using it for about 8 hours or so. Also need a way to change the color scheme to black. Too damn much white :-). Thanks for this rom, as it has strong radio connectivity and good wifi and tethering is working good for me too.

I am running this on a Droid Razr Maxx XT912. running android version 4.4.2

Gummy Version: Aviator_Gummy_2.1_20131214_UNOFFICIAL

#95 caden

caden

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationCambridge, MA
  • Current Device(s):xt912

Posted 14 December 2013 - 09:09 PM

I honestly wouldn't know where to begin with Bluetooth MAP. I only use bluetooth to make calls through my car, but I haven't needed to do that in awhile. Does the Razr support MAP on stock?

Interesting you should ask.   ^_^   It did but then MAP was taken out of the official android build.  I have no idea what the braintrust was thinking on that one - of all the profiles to take away...!  I have the (newest? - idunno) bt stack but I don't know what to do with it.  Would you tell me??  Is it just a matter of moving the MAP folder into your build?  If so, where in your build would I find the bt profiles?

You will learn to love me.

YeLcxY9.jpg

#96 ZKK007

ZKK007

That Kiwi Guy

• Developer
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 06:41 AM

Interesting you should ask.   ^_^   It did but then MAP was taken out of the official android build.  I have no idea what the braintrust was thinking on that one - of all the profiles to take away...!  I have the (newest? - idunno) bt stack but I don't know what to do with it.  Would you tell me??  Is it just a matter of moving the MAP folder into your build?  If so, where in your build would I find the bt profiles?

Where were they in the original build? What kind of files are they?

bWyLE9l.jpg

#97 ZKK007

ZKK007

That Kiwi Guy

• Developer
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 06:42 AM

I just noticed that my Ext SD card appeared to be wiped. I rebooted and still had a blank Ext SD card. However, I mounted the Ext SD card in settings and it mounted ok with all the files there!

bWyLE9l.jpg

#98 tyscheff

tyscheff

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Twitter:tyscheff
  • LocationBaltimore, MD
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr MAXX_Aviator Blur

Posted 16 December 2013 - 07:16 AM

I just noticed that my Ext SD card appeared to be wiped. I rebooted and still had a blank Ext SD card. However, I mounted the Ext SD card in settings and it mounted ok with all the files there!

Don't scare us like that...lol

#99 dawg72

dawg72

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationYuma, Az

Posted 16 December 2013 - 10:53 AM

I am loving this rom except I am having issues with it freezing up.  I will hit the power button to turn the screen on but it won't come on.  I end of having to reboot the phone.  It had happened several times so far.  At least three time just this morning alone.  Any Ideas??? Thanks.

• possnfiffer likes this

#100 drewski11

drewski11

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts
  • LocationSF Bay Area, CA

Posted 16 December 2013 - 11:18 AM

I am loving this rom except I am having issues with it freezing up.  I will hit the power button to turn the screen on but it won't come on.  I end of having to reboot the phone.  It had happened several times so far.  At least three time just this morning alone.  Any Ideas??? Thanks.

I haven't had any issues like that, but I was having FC with DropBox & getting Play Store issues with installing previously purchased Apps.

Full Wipe didn't help.

I ended up deleting and re-creating the ROM Slot and things have been good ever since. You might try that.

Droid Razr MaxxSS3.6 AviatorBlur / CM11 N10 | RastaKat Xoom Wifi | Big Part 4.3 N7 | MultiROM / RastaKat OG Droid | kfazz CM10 port

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 4.4, KitKat, ROM, Gummy, XT912, RAZR

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users