Photo

6.16.215 Ics Update Leak (Install From 211)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1134 replies to this topic

#621 next57

next57

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 06:26 PM

Is anyone else getting an "E:signature verification failed" error when side loading the .215 update. I have tried every which way but I continue to get this.

#622 Mr. Orange 645

Mr. Orange 645

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts
  • LocationSW, Missouri

Posted 18 July 2012 - 07:37 PM

Don't waste your breath. You'll have a better chance convincing a cop that the reason you were speeding was because you had to poop really bad.

But def 4G use more battery and I'm sure the minor switch from 3G to 4G every once in a while draws more battery as well.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Off topic, but that reminded me of a story. I stopped a guy for running a stop sign, and then arrested him for a warrant. His excuse for running the stop sign was just that...he had to poop really bad. He then pooped his pants. Come to find out, he had severe damage to his spinal cord, made a complete recovery, except he lost that reflex ability to hold it. So when he had to poop, he HAD to poop right then. I felt bad for him, actually.
Posted Image

#623 StealthPanda

StealthPanda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 07:52 PM

Off topic, but that reminded me of a story. I stopped a guy for running a stop sign, and then arrested him for a warrant. His excuse for running the stop sign was just that...he had to poop really bad. He then pooped his pants. Come to find out, he had severe damage to his spinal cord, made a complete recovery, except he lost that reflex ability to hold it. So when he had to poop, he HAD to poop right then. I felt bad for him, actually.

Must have been pretty tragic for a officer to actually feel bad about it. LOL!

In California, the police are very rude. And i say that because i am certain that in other places, its not the same.

Still fighting a DUI case for cannabis. 5 years in the courts, they wont give me a trial. Keep asking me to come back, once a month. Every month. To tell me there is no room in the court to hold my case. Its pretty awful really as the basis of the charges are unfounded. I was blood tested at the jail and the results came up negative/inconclusive. Which makes sense, i wasnt even under the influence of it. I got the charge for simply having a person with a pipe in my car.. Its just not fair really. I was causing no harm, i was not under the influence, and they wont even give the time to review the non existent evidence. Hopefully, one day, things will work out. But that night was one of the worst of my life, i still have trouble stemming from this charge. And the time it has taken to get a trial is just not right.

Anyways, back on topic lol.

#624 TwoBuells

TwoBuells

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 07:52 PM

Is anyone else getting an "E:signature verification failed" error when side loading the .215 update. I have tried every which way but I continue to get this.

wipe data
  • trey likes this
Better to be a Racer for a moment, Than a Spectator for a lifetime.

#625 next57

next57

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:06 PM

wipe data

Did all that
wiped data and
cache

installed bone stock .211

any other ideas?

#626 Sindrakes

Sindrakes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:48 PM

How much screen on time? this goes for all who post screen shots, with the right settings My maxx will only use about 1% every 2.5 hrs when the screen is off so 22 hrs really means NOTHING if you don't also have a screenshot of Screen on time, if yours is a Maxx also then I would assume that is somewhere around 3.5-4 hours of screen on time. Not trying to be a winkie or anything about this but depending on usage I can get my phone to go through its battery in a day or if I keep usage to a bare minimum (no 4G less then 2 hours screen time and less then 30 minutes talk time) I can get my maxx to 7.5 DAYS, I mean hell I'm on the .211 kernel still and I'm at 3 days and 10 hours and my battery is at 67% right now (almost zero use, I will fully admit that is VERY little use, 6 minutes in calls 13 minutes screen time, I've had my laptop beside me alot this week)

I believe I may have something wrong.. i have nowhere near that amount of battery life.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I checked and i had 37 minutes of screen time... for the whole day.

#627 Daniel644

Daniel644

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 09:01 PM

I believe I may have something wrong.. i have nowhere near that amount of battery life.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I checked and i had 37 minutes of screen time... for the whole day.

Looks like you have a "runaway app" something is keeping your data connection running, click into "phone idle" if you don't have a runaway app then phone idle plus screen on time should equal total time on, if it's way less then you have a runaway app keeping your data constantly connected.

#628 Sindrakes

Sindrakes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 09:12 PM

Looks like you have a "runaway app" something is keeping your data connection running, click into "phone idle" if you don't have a runaway app then phone idle plus screen on time should equal total time on, if it's way less then you have a runaway app keeping your data constantly connected.

Yep, the phone idle and screen on match. Could it be a faulty battery?

#629 Daniel644

Daniel644

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 09:18 PM

Yep, the phone idle and screen on match. Could it be a faulty battery?

Don't think its a battery just yet, because of how high Android OS is, it still feels like a runaway app, what apps have you used today?

#630 Sindrakes

Sindrakes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 09:22 PM

I've only used chrome and that was for 5 minutes. Besides that I've made a few calls and texts but no apps.

#631 Daniel644

Daniel644

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 09:37 PM

I've only used chrome and that was for 5 minutes. Besides that I've made a few calls and texts but no apps.

go to cell standby and see if it shows a percentage of time without signal.

#632 Sindrakes

Sindrakes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 09:47 PM

0% time without a signal.

#633 Daniel644

Daniel644

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 10:02 PM

something is causing android OS to suck a lot of power, not sure what, is this normal usage for you?, if so have you tried fastbooting back to bone stock and resetting up things to see if that solves it?

0% time without a signal.

#634 StealthPanda

StealthPanda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 10:13 PM

something is causing android OS to suck a lot of power, not sure what, is this normal usage for you?, if so have you tried fastbooting back to bone stock and resetting up things to see if that solves it?

Want to know something funny?

Ever since i put .215 on my phone, android OS uses almost the same amount of battery as my screen, sometimes more. Until its dead.

So, im thinking that something with .215 is not right. The only positive reviews are on non stock roms. And even the people who orignially said it helped are coming back saying that its worse. Fastbooting to .211 tonight, waiting on the OTA for now. Sometime mid august is what the moto devs are saying.

#635 Sindrakes

Sindrakes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 10:18 PM

This is a little extreme, but it's not uncommon that i get poor battery life. Even on .211 i had pretty bad battery life.. but the screen did draw the most power (70%).

#636 StealthPanda

StealthPanda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 10:20 PM

This is a little extreme, but it's not uncommon that i get poor battery life. Even on .211 i had pretty bad battery life.. but the screen did draw the most power (70%).

My battery life on .211 was much better. I got 24-32 hours almost every day after getting ICS. Put .215 on my phone and i cant get over 15. I shouldn't have to adjust for better battery seeing as the settings were retained...

Im just saying that this update seems a little fishy. As if it were never meant for this phone.

#637 anthony2558

anthony2558

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 10:36 PM

I don't know if anyone uses airplane mode, but check this out. When I'm at work inside the concrete rock I place my phone in airplane mode. I've been doing this for years, many phones including the RAZR. Well I had it in airplane mode for 3hrs inside my desk, didn't touch it once. Pulled it out and checked the battery, it was down 11% in three hours.... something is not right. I used to do the same on GB and even ics .211 and it would even drain 2% in the same time span.

• StealthPanda likes this

#638 Daniel644

Daniel644

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 10:56 PM

I don't know if anyone uses airplane mode, but check this out. When I'm at work inside the concrete rock I place my phone in airplane mode. I've been doing this for years, many phones including the RAZR. Well I had it in airplane mode for 3hrs inside my desk, didn't touch it once. Pulled it out and checked the battery, it was down 11% in three hours.... something is not right. I used to do the same on GB and even ics .211 and it would even drain 2% in the same time span.

damn straight something is not right there, I'm on the Ikream 2.0, still with the .211 kernel (haven't gone into ap fastboot to flash the .214 one,I need to try it) and I've got a smart action set to disable data and background sync when screen is off and I only go through 1% every 2.5-2.7 hours when the screen is off (which equals 9-10% a day if I don't touch my phone and I have bluetooth ON), I can receive calls and text and my data reconnects within a few seconds after turning screen on, I could only imagine how much less the drain would be if I switched to airplane mode (I have signal everywhere with this phone, its a little sketchy sometimes at work, but I have to be reachable if my boss calls so I can't experiment with airplane mode) I'm on a Maxx.

Have any of you having battery life issues on .215 tried rebooting, sometimes a simple reboot will clear what ever is causing massive drain, as a general rule when flashing anything on the razr you should flash it, let the phone settle in then after like 30 minutes or so reboot the phone, if your still running on the first boot since flashing the kernel that could possibly be causing your issue.

#639 StealthPanda

StealthPanda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 11:03 PM

I have rebooted the phone once every day since flashing. Its a habbit to reboot the phone every day for me. As i know that files can get cluttered and start to effect the performance. I have also done numerous cache wipes. Last stand is an FDR. But im thinking ill just go back to .211 because i KNOW it worked good.

Main reason in flashing this update was for that slight chance that my phone would work even better than on .211. Its proven to not be.

#640 Daniel644

Daniel644

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 11:07 PM

I have rebooted the phone once every day since flashing. Its a habbit to reboot the phone every day for me. As i know that files can get cluttered and start to effect the performance. I have also done numerous cache wipes. Last stand is an FDR. But im thinking ill just go back to .211 because i KNOW it worked good.

Main reason in flashing this update was for that slight chance that my phone would work even better than on .211. Its proven to not be.

did you ever try .214, I'm thinking about trying it since Ikream 2.0 is built to use it, and that is what I'm running right now.

I make it a thing to reboot every other charge cycle, just have to remember to fire up LTE OnOFF and make sure its on CDMA auto PRL after each boot up (no 4G here yet, and even then I would leave it off unless I needed it)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users