Photo

6.16.215 Ics Update Leak (Install From 211)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1134 replies to this topic

#661 Daniel644

Daniel644

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 11:32 AM

My phone ran noticeably warm on 211 but has always been cool on 215. It is weird how people have 180 degree different results on the same version.

haven't tried .215 yet but on .211 is slightly cooler then on GB .181, I streamed 4+ hours of netflix over wifi the other day and I could just barely feel the warmth thru my otterbox commuter case.
  • StealthPanda likes this

#662 StealthPanda

StealthPanda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 11:38 AM

The only time nothing runs and nothing is cached on your phone is when it is off. Otherwise things are always running and everything that has run is cached.

I dont mean nothing at all. I mean that there was nothing additional running. Just the apps that are on the phone.

In my experience some apps can cause this. But i had just rebooted the phone and put it on the charger, i cleared the apps that dont need to be running and the same for the cache. Woke up and my phone was on fire, it almost burned to the touch.

I have done this every night since getting the phone, and never had this happen...

#663 brees75

brees75

Developer

• Developer
  • 217 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 19 July 2012 - 11:49 AM

I dont mean nothing at all. I mean that there was nothing additional running. Just the apps that are on the phone.

In my experience some apps can cause this. But i had just rebooted the phone and put it on the charger, i cleared the apps that dont need to be running and the same for the cache. Woke up and my phone was on fire, it almost burned to the touch.

I have done this every night since getting the phone, and never had this happen...

Charging it can heat up the phone quite a bit, that is not out of the ordinary. Hot enough to burn you however is not good. That would put the temp at about 60c or higher. At stock voltage and clock settings software couldn't do that, that is more of a hardware issue.
  • StealthPanda likes this

#664 StealthPanda

StealthPanda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 12:00 PM

Charging it can heat up the phone quite a bit, that is not out of the ordinary. Hot enough to burn you however is not good. That would put the temp at about 60c or higher. At stock voltage and clock settings software couldn't do that, that is more of a hardware issue.

Good to know, ill see if it happens again. I may need a new phone.

#665 Nitewolf

Nitewolf

Member of the BEST android community

• Superuser
  • 643 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 12:16 PM

I wonder if this has anything to do with it? Could explain all the varying discrepancies

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Posted Image

#666 youssefous

youssefous

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 12:56 PM

So I am on .211 rooted but I've uninstalled/frozen some stuff. Will I have to restore to factory in order to flash to .215 or will the missing apps not be a problem?

#667 anthony2558

anthony2558

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 01:04 PM

I wonder if this has anything to do with it? Could explain all the varying discrepancies

I doubt it. My phone hits 100 and above daily and I'm using the stock card that came with it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#668 anthony2558

anthony2558

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 01:04 PM

So I am on .211 rooted but I've uninstalled/frozen some stuff. Will I have to restore to factory in order to flash to .215 or will the missing apps not be a problem?

I would un- freeze them.

#669 Aliceics

Aliceics

Graphic Designer | Themer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • Twitter:alicerzr
  • Google+:littlemissalice1@gmail.com

Posted 19 July 2012 - 01:18 PM

The missing apps will cause problems. If you've uninstalled anything you'll have to fastboot.

#670 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 19 July 2012 - 01:27 PM

Where is the direct link to ICS .215 want to Download to the SD card flash...
Thanks in advance

Its Bubba :)
" Stubborn In Your Bones "

Its Bubba...."Stubborn In Your Bones"

#671 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 19 July 2012 - 01:30 PM

Where is the direct link to ICS .215 want to Download to the SD card flash...
Thanks in advance

Uhhhh... There is a working link in the first post that says "Download the update here"

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#672 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 19 July 2012 - 01:36 PM

Hey guys!

I found a 42.0MB update with version number 6.16.215 for the Droid Razr/Razr Maxx.

THIS WILL ONLY INSTALL OVER STOCK 211, IT WILL NOT INSTALL OVER ANY ROM.

Mediafire Mirror uploaded by spc_hicks09:

Instructions:
Fastboot or RSD back to stock .211
Root .211 with whatever method you choose
Download and Install Voodoo OTA Root Keeper
Backup Root
Temp unroot
Flash Update in stock Moto Recovery (Not bootstrap or safestrap)
Restore root with Voodoo OTA Root Keeper
PROFIT

FXZ IS POSSIBLE!!!! You can flash back to 6.16.211. Credit to iDroidGuy for testing it and for the screenshot below.

Rooting can be possible using the method included in the Droid Razr Utility version 1.8.

Posted Image

--Sam

It's. 211 which I have already ...it specifics 215 but I think I'm missing something :D

#673 brees75

brees75

Developer

• Developer
  • 217 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 19 July 2012 - 02:06 PM

It's. 211 which I have already ...it specifics 215 but I think I'm missing something :D

All the updates are named the previous version, that is the way verizon is naming the updates. It is the .215 update.
  • Memnoch73 likes this

#674 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 19 July 2012 - 02:20 PM

All the updates are named the previous version, that is the way verizon is naming the updates. It is the .215 update.

Brees...
Ooooh, I understand the version but I was thinking they would note it as .215...
Thanks my friend really didn't know that ...

#675 nailbomb3

nailbomb3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 02:51 PM

215 seems to have less wakelock issues.

#676 portscan

portscan

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Twitter:@JasonCollins23
  • LocationClarksville, TN
  • Current Device(s):Samsung Galaxy S4- Stock Rooted on 4.3/Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1- Redemption Rom v6.1

Posted 19 July 2012 - 03:21 PM

How much screen on time? this goes for all who post screen shots, with the right settings My maxx will only use about 1% every 2.5 hrs when the screen is off so 22 hrs really means NOTHING if you don't also have a screenshot of Screen on time, if yours is a Maxx also then I would assume that is somewhere around 3.5-4 hours of screen on time. Not trying to be a winkie or anything about this but depending on usage I can get my phone to go through its battery in a day or if I keep usage to a bare minimum (no 4G less then 2 hours screen time and less then 30 minutes talk time) I can get my maxx to 7.5 DAYS, I mean hell I'm on the .211 kernel still and I'm at 3 days and 10 hours and my battery is at 67% right now (almost zero use, I will fully admit that is VERY little use, 6 minutes in calls 13 minutes screen time, I've had my laptop beside me alot this week)

That's it. I post screenshots after I beat the piss out my phone. I use mine all day working for navigation, emails and calls. .215 has proven to be a better battery over .211 and .214 with piss beating usage.
Posted Image

#677 StealthPanda

StealthPanda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 05:38 PM

Posted Image

Is the timeline more erratic because its going by %1?
If so that's pretty cool, more precise.

#678 StealthPanda

StealthPanda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 07:01 PM

Okay, so ironically after the strange hot phone this morning, i did a cache wipe when i booted the phone back up. I have been on 4g today to see how its going. The battery life has improved, 7 hours on battery with 4g on the whole time. Android OS using %46 and screen on using %29. with %70 battery remaining.

Giving it the rest of the day to see what happens. Things are looking better though.

#679 adamant13247

adamant13247

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 07:09 PM

I love .215 ...battery and signal is perfect now on my maxx! running rooted arctic rom and mattlgroff is a super genius. I thought i was good at this stuff!

#680 ddfuji

ddfuji

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationDenver, Colorado

Posted 19 July 2012 - 07:15 PM

you should never uninstall them, freezing does the same thing you probably save yourself a couple MB by uninstaling.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users