Photo

6.16.215 Ics Update Leak (Install From 211)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1134 replies to this topic

#641 StealthPanda

StealthPanda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 11:24 PM

did you ever try .214, I'm thinking about trying it since Ikream 2.0 is built to use it, and that is what I'm running right now.

I make it a thing to reboot every other charge cycle, just have to remember to fire up LTE OnOFF and make sure its on CDMA auto PRL after each boot up (no 4G here yet, and even then I would leave it off unless I needed it)

Not yet, but maybe that is the golden answer. I have been contemplating myself.

#642 hawkintx

hawkintx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 04:31 AM

Question, I loaded .215 and tried it for a day, my battery life still seems weak. The device is only 9 days old so I called warranty service and they will replace it for me, but I want to get back to stock prior to returning the device. I used Matt's utility to get back to .211, but the kernel date is still July 11th. Is there a way to get the kernel date back to stock as well? Will a FDR fix that? Please let me know, thank you!

#643 garywojdan81

garywojdan81

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 633 posts
  • Twitter:gwojdan_81

Posted 19 July 2012 - 04:33 AM

Question, I loaded .215 and tried it for a day, my battery life still seems weak. The device is only 9 days old so I called warranty service and they will replace it for me, but I want to get back to stock prior to returning the device. I used Matt's utility to get back to .211, but the kernel date is still July 11th. Is there a way to get the kernel date back to stock as well? Will a FDR fix that? Please let me know, thank you!

I think rsd lite will do that

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#644 onepoint

onepoint

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 05:04 AM

I used Matt's utility to get back to .211 from .214, then flashed .215. While I work on the 33rd floor of an office building and signal has always been hit or miss, both 3G and LTE signals are notably worse for me with .215 as compared to both .211 and .214.

#645 vols4life

vols4life

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 05:20 AM

Use option 6 and that will get you the original kernel and build date.

#646 hawkintx

hawkintx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 05:59 AM

Use option 6 and that will get you the original kernel and build date.

Thanks, I did not look at option 6, I will try this at lunch today.

#647 vols4life

vols4life

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 06:01 AM

No problem glad to help.

#648 iCaramba

iCaramba

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 06:04 AM

When I try to download it from the original post, it says that the user is out of bandwidth! I do want to get the update, though! Any suggestions?

#649 johnnyfrost

johnnyfrost

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 19 July 2012 - 06:18 AM

My battery life on .211 was much better. I got 24-32 hours almost every day after getting ICS. Put .215 on my phone and i cant get over 15. I shouldn't have to adjust for better battery seeing as the settings were retained...

Im just saying that this update seems a little fishy. As if it were never meant for this phone.

I've been checking this thread everyday since this was posted and just had to ask....are you still complaining about this? just put 211 back on your phone and be done with it.....i put 215 on my phone day it came out and haven't noticed much of anything..little snappier..still get about the same battery life as 211. we got it..you don't like 215. thanks.but its been almost a week since you first started complaining...just let it go..please? and still not sure why you are convinved this wasn't "meant" for the razr. its a leak, which means its a test update, which means it might have issues. but if it were not meant for the razr you couldn't install it. i'm curious why you think otherwise. not purposly trying to stir any pots here but goodness...let it go.
  • chiahead52 and sgtguthrie like this

#650 chiahead52

chiahead52

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 06:56 AM

+1

#651 brees75

brees75

Developer

• Developer
  • 217 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 19 July 2012 - 07:35 AM

Pretty happy with battery life, regular RAZR, 4G all day, only tweak is custom backlight settings.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#652 jwgraves

jwgraves

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 08:30 AM

My battery life on .211 was much better. I got 24-32 hours almost every day after getting ICS. Put .215 on my phone and i cant get over 15. I shouldn't have to adjust for better battery seeing as the settings were retained...

Im just saying that this update seems a little fishy. As if it were never meant for this phone.

I've been using the 215 update all week and my battery life as well as 4G connection are much better. Previously I was on 211 with just the 214 kernel update. I find it interesting that some people are experiencing some cray results since upgrading (like Android system sucking all the juice out of their battery).

#653 milkshed27

milkshed27

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 19 July 2012 - 08:58 AM

Have the folks having issues with .215 wiped data or factory reset? It can be a bit of a pain, but once you start flashing different ROMs, you learn how to set up your phone pretty quickly. In my opinion, it's worth the time to get your phone in proper working order. Worst case, you can just use Matt's awesome utility, fastboot back to .211, flash the official or leaked kernel, root, safestrap, restore a nand backup, and you're back to where you were pre-.215 install.
If we question our own actions, our thought process, make a conscious decision to what we feel is right every single day, that's what I believe to be Divinity. That's true Shamanism.

#654 dtomlin

dtomlin

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,557 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 09:18 AM

Alright I've had a few days and put the phone through her paces at work and home. I've noticed, in my case, that 215 feels snappy and shows a better signal. It also seems to switch off between wifi and 4g faster and smoother. My best battery however was 214 as well as the highest benchmarks on antutu and quadrant. All of my setups have been identical with full wipes each time. If I was in a poor signal area, 215 would probably be better for me, but I'm going back to 214, just so I'm only 1 quick flash from the ota path when the next one hits. Never waited for an ota to hit before. Lol.

#655 brees75

brees75

Developer

• Developer
  • 217 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 19 July 2012 - 10:17 AM

There is nothing inherently wrong with this leak. This leak is not meant for a DROID 4 or any other phone. This isn't a government conspiracy to cause brain tumors or make you sterile. If you don't like this leak then flash back to .211 or move on to something else. Some of use like this firmware, can we keep this thread limited to actual user experience and not hypothetical theory please? LOL

#656 dtomlin

dtomlin

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,557 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 10:48 AM

I seem to be running hotter on 214 now... could have been on 215 as well but didn't notice.

#657 Nitewolf

Nitewolf

Member of the BEST android community

• Superuser
  • 643 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 10:56 AM

I seem to be running hotter on 214 now... could have been on 215 as well but didn't notice.

Had similar problem on 214 as my battery topped out at around 109 degrees at one point. I'm running 215 now and it seemed to have solved the problem. Try GSam battery monitor for battery stats and temperature.
Posted Image

#658 StealthPanda

StealthPanda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 11:17 AM

Woke up this morning and my phone was extremely hot.... Nothing running, nothing cached.. Never got hot before.

#659 chipworkz

chipworkz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 19 July 2012 - 11:28 AM

My phone ran noticeably warm on 211 but has always been cool on 215. It is weird how people have 180 degree different results on the same version.
  • StealthPanda likes this

#660 brees75

brees75

Developer

• Developer
  • 217 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 19 July 2012 - 11:32 AM

The only time nothing runs and nothing is cached on your phone is when it is off. Otherwise things are always running and everything that has run is cached.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users