Photo

[ROM][Unified][Unofficial][4.4.2]CARBONITE-KK (03-20-14)

New XT926 rom kitkat Carbon Razr Maxx HD DARK

• Please log in to reply
349 replies to this topic

#61 DeJaVu74

DeJaVu74

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Current Device(s):Moto Xoom(wifi), Droid Razr HD

Posted 22 January 2014 - 07:07 PM

I flashed the latest version of this ROM a couple days ago, and I gotta say thus room has been awesome so far with ask the little stuff like when I pick it up not having to use the pier button to turn the screen on and the lock screen notifications. And the battery life is great so far, and I'm no light user, the only problem I've experienced so far comes when I play Ingress. In the game the cursor representing me is locked north, I've force synced the app, reinstalled it and rebooted the phone with no luck. Is there any possible fix for this or an outta luck with this? Any help or input would be very much appreciated. :)

End of Line

End of Line

↑ meant to just edit that, feel free to delete.

#62 nobe1976

nobe1976

I Void Warranties

• Developer
  • 1,303 posts
  • Twitter:@nobe1976
  • LocationWhere I AM
  • Current Device(s):LG G2, ®∆z® |/|@xX Π¶, Motorola Bionic, Viewsonic GTablet

Posted 23 January 2014 - 01:28 AM

What it sounds like to me is that this game Ingress uses you location to play, if I am not correct please enlighten me not a player. Kit Kat ROMs are having issues with location and compass driven apps. Take Compass AR+ for example. That is a app that I use on a day to day base. Compass works great, but when using the marine compass that judges elevation it freezes up. Tried many different 4.4.2 ROMs and non of them corrected that issue. Might can look into the locations settings and change it from the battery saving modes to the High Accuracy mode might help.

new_animated_sig.gif

#63 DeJaVu74

DeJaVu74

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 04:44 AM

Yes it is location based, and that explains it. Thank you. :)

End of Line

#64 DeJaVu74

DeJaVu74

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 04:50 PM

Tried switching to to high accuracy with Wi-Fi at home with no luck. I'll figure something out, thanks for the input. :)

End of Line

• nobe1976 likes this

#65 skylinekid712

skylinekid712

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD XT926

Posted 24 January 2014 - 10:29 AM

Do you think you'll post another build anytime soon? I tried building for myself but when the build is finished there's no zip in the out folder even though I haven't gotten any errors. Any clue what could be happening? I've used make carbon -j7 and make otapackage -j7 to build and make clean && make clobber between attempts

#66 nobe1976

nobe1976

I Void Warranties

• Developer
  • 1,303 posts
  • LocationWhere I AM

Posted 24 January 2014 - 10:38 AM

Do you think you'll post another build anytime soon? I tried building for myself but when the build is finished there's no zip in the out folder even though I haven't gotten any errors. Any clue what could be happening? I've used make carbon -j7 and make otapackage -j7 to build and make clean && make clobber between attempts

Copy and paste the terminal on pastebin and link it to me via PM. If there is no zip in the out folder there is an error at the end...

Finishing up the final touches on images and what nots. As soon as I get done with that I will upload a new build...
$3π+ £®m€ ×X× ®∆z® |/|@xX Π¶ oπ $ø|/|£ťhïñğ ¢ű$ț¤|/|

• jld, DeJaVu74 and skylinekid712 like this

new_animated_sig.gif

#67 skylinekid712

skylinekid712

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 01:10 AM

Ok I'm attempting another build tonight so I'll PM you the pastebin tomorrow. Also, do you have any experience with cherry-picking? I'd really like to have HALO from an older version of either Carbon or PA until HALO 2.0 is completed but it keeps failing when I try to cherry pick v1 from PA. I've been using the tutorial found here:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Any suggestions or is there any chance you could include HALO in your next build?

• anddep likes this

#68 nobe1976

nobe1976

I Void Warranties

• Developer
  • 1,303 posts
  • LocationWhere I AM

Posted 26 January 2014 - 03:08 AM

Ok I'm attempting another build tonight so I'll PM you the pastebin tomorrow. Also, do you have any experience with cherry-picking? I'd really like to have HALO from an older version of either Carbon or PA until HALO 2.0 is completed but it keeps failing when I try to cherry pick v1 from PA. I've been using the tutorial found here:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Any suggestions or is there any chance you could include HALO in your next build?

You are trying to cherry pick Holo that is from a 4.3 framework to a ROM that is rejecting it because 4.4.2 has many changes within the framework and settings. PA will have to update there source before cherry picking it in is a option. If you desire the Holo feature then I suggest having Xposed framework install it. As far as me adding it that is not going to happen since there is already the stock notification bar, lockscreen notifications and Active Display already built into this ROM. Adding Holo would just be over kill on that particular feature... Thanks in Advance. 

new_animated_sig.gif

#69 RoomTenONine

RoomTenONine

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Current Device(s):RAZR HD

Posted 26 January 2014 - 06:03 AM

Absolutely loving this ROM. Excited for a new build.

One bug I hope can be fixed is in the dialer. It will not rotate to landscape view. I use the moto car dock religiously and the dialer/phone being stuck in portrait while the phone is in the dock makes it unusable.

Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk

#70 nobe1976

nobe1976

I Void Warranties

• Developer
  • 1,303 posts
  • LocationWhere I AM

Posted 26 January 2014 - 04:27 PM

I am seriously overhauling the theme of the dialer and contacts. Looking through it I haven't seen anywhere to adjust for rotation. On a side note why are you using the dialer while driving. Voice Commands brother.... Use it :p or Loose it lol

$3π+ £®m€ ×X× ®∆z® |/|@xX Π¶ oπ $ø|/|£ťhïñğ ¢ű$ț¤|/|

new_animated_sig.gif

#71 RoomTenONine

RoomTenONine

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Current Device(s):RAZR HD

Posted 26 January 2014 - 07:35 PM

Lol. I don't use the dialer while driving. I do use it while my car is parked or stopped. My wife will also type a number in as a passenger.

This is the first time I've run across a dialer that won't rotate. I'm sure it can be done.

Thanks for all the work on the ROM. I love it.

Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk

#72 skylinekid712

skylinekid712

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 10:36 PM

You are trying to cherry pick Holo that is from a 4.3 framework to a ROM that is rejecting it because 4.4.2 has many changes within the framework and settings. PA will have to update there source before cherry picking it in is a option. If you desire the Holo feature then I suggest having Xposed framework install it. As far as me adding it that is not going to happen since there is already the stock notification bar, lockscreen notifications and Active Display already built into this ROM. Adding Holo would just be over kill on that particular feature... Thanks in Advance. 

I actually got the cherry pick to work, believe it or not. Well, I didn't get any errors when I tried to cherry pick it that is. My problem was that I was in the wrong directory before but after changing to the correct directory it seems to have worked. I tried another build today but it failed and I PM'ed you the pastebin from it. I agree it's overkill but I like it quite a bit which is why I was trying to cherry-pick. Anyways, keep up the great work and I can't wait for the next build!

#73 4shlr

4shlr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid Razr HD Maxx, rooted JB

Posted 27 January 2014 - 12:35 PM

Does Netflix work on this build?? TIA

#74 newskate9

newskate9

Older Than You

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • LocationCentral PA
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD, Razr Maxx, Nexus 7

Posted 27 January 2014 - 12:37 PM

Does Netflix work on this build?? TIA

It does, YES.

• 4shlr likes this

Proud father of a US Marine

#75 4shlr

4shlr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 12:39 PM

Awesome! Thanks skate!

#76 4shlr

4shlr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 12:41 PM

Also, I didn't see it anywhere but maybe I missed it. Does this rom have active display like the X?

#77 skylinekid712

skylinekid712

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 12:48 PM

Also, I didn't see it anywhere but maybe I missed it. Does this rom have active display like the X?

Yes it does. It's in Carbon Fibers.

• 4shlr likes this

#78 4shlr

4shlr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 12:53 PM

Thanks skyline! Looks like this will be my next rom to try. Was deciding between this & Beanstalk but Netflix isn't working on that one yet.

#79 newskate9

newskate9

Older Than You

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • LocationCentral PA
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD, Razr Maxx, Nexus 7

Posted 27 January 2014 - 12:54 PM

THIS ROM is terrific. 

And in my best Alf voice: It's time for nobe1976 to get off his arse and give us an update.........................HAAAA!!!  j/k!   :D  :D  :D  :D

• 4shlr likes this

Proud father of a US Marine

#80 nobe1976

nobe1976

I Void Warranties

• Developer
  • 1,303 posts
  • LocationWhere I AM

Posted 27 January 2014 - 01:15 PM

Soon..... Soon.. Just got done syncing in the latest comments. Going to run it tonight and install it. If it boots I will post it up... Thanks Guys

• jld likes this

new_animated_sig.gif

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: New, XT926, rom, kitkat, Carbon, Razr Maxx HD, DARK

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users