121 replies to this topic

#41 heysteve

heysteve

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 08:27 PM

google now is amazing. everything is just so easy to use. love where google is going with their products. even the new update for translate is amazingly simple to use with the camera/live translations. only thing is i wish we could speak different languages in voice search instead of having to go into settings and change the language.

#42 psyjohn

psyjohn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 04:40 AM

Ok, I am now running The Arctic rom, which is awesome btw, but I can't get Google Now to install. I have gone into recovery through safestrap and done install zip from sd card, clicked on Mikey6_Offline.zip and gotten the message that it was successful, but there is no Google Now on my phone. Anyone have any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

#43 Nanniepoo

Nanniepoo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 298 posts
  • LocationDetroit, MI
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR

Posted 10 August 2012 - 04:48 AM

Ok, I am now running The Arctic rom, which is awesome btw, but I can't get Google Now to install. I have gone into recovery through safestrap and done install zip from sd card, clicked on Mikey6_Offline.zip and gotten the message that it was successful, but there is no Google Now on my phone. Anyone have any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

If you're looking for an app, you won't find it. Depends on your ROM set-up, but for me, holding the search button launches a choice of voice search, command, etc. I picked google. From there I can voice search, and it displays the results in Google Now. Also (which I can't find this option in my ROM, so might be built into Google Now) but holding menu launches the actual cards.

#44 Nanniepoo

Nanniepoo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 298 posts
  • LocationDetroit, MI

Posted 10 August 2012 - 04:49 AM

BTW Calvin and Hobbes is epic.

#45 orateam

orateam

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 04:51 AM

Got this running on SimpleRom. Love it.
Got the Zip version i could just flash.

By the way, if you use google chrome at work, sync up with your gmail account. your Google NOW on your phone will use that info to help with cards.

I was searching for Mets games on my browswer and on my phone i got CARDS related to Mets games and baseball and stuff. It's been this way over and over with searches. Really cool stuff.
  • usne8 likes this

#46 psyjohn

psyjohn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 05:03 AM

If you're looking for an app, you won't find it. Depends on your ROM set-up, but for me, holding the search button launches a choice of voice search, command, etc. I picked google. From there I can voice search, and it displays the results in Google Now. Also (which I can't find this option in my ROM, so might be built into Google Now) but holding menu launches the actual cards.

Thanks! I feel stupid now. It was there all along and I didn't know it. LOL

#47 Nanniepoo

Nanniepoo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 298 posts
  • LocationDetroit, MI

Posted 10 August 2012 - 05:52 AM

Got this running on SimpleRom. Love it. Got the Zip version i could just flash. By the way, if you use google chrome at work, sync up with your gmail account. your Google NOW on your phone will use that info to help with cards. I was searching for Mets games on my browswer and on my phone i got CARDS related to Mets games and baseball and stuff. It's been this way over and over with searches. Really cool stuff.

Also really creepy haha, but I love it. Unfortunately I can't install other browsers at work. Stuck with $!#7ty IE. Can't even upgrade it.

Thanks! I feel stupid now. It was there all along and I didn't know it. LOL

No problem...first thing I did was hold home. Then opened the app drawer. Then started holding the other buttons and found it.

#48 Nanniepoo

Nanniepoo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 298 posts
  • LocationDetroit, MI

Posted 10 August 2012 - 05:54 AM

I flashed ICS on my OG Droid a while ago and was looking for it last night to see if I could get Now up and running on it, but unfortunately couldn't find it. Found a pair of sunglasses I lost a month ago tho haha.

#49 Nanniepoo

Nanniepoo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 298 posts
  • LocationDetroit, MI

Posted 10 August 2012 - 07:10 AM

I take this back...it's in my app drawer as Google

#50 heysteve

heysteve

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 08:39 AM

hmm i installed mikey6 offline/online version and it works just fine but theres no voice. anyone else have this problem?

#51 pm1066

pm1066

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 08:55 AM

Installed on stock .215 deodex, running great.

#52 zephyrus14

zephyrus14

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts
  • Twitter:@johnmarciniak
  • LocationThe Region

Posted 10 August 2012 - 09:17 AM

Flashed yesterday and it works great! This morning I got a notification telling me the e t a from my house to where I work... ummm, I don't recall telling google where I work so how did they know? Lol. Creepy!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#53 cardidark09

cardidark09

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Twitter:cardi4life

Posted 10 August 2012 - 09:22 AM

If u put it in google maps or lattitude it syncs if

#54 Nanniepoo

Nanniepoo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 298 posts
  • LocationDetroit, MI

Posted 16 August 2012 - 05:32 AM

BTW it flashes on an OG Droid, starts to run, then crashes. Think not enough RAM.

#55 todaroa

todaroa

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Twitter:flangebro

Posted 17 August 2012 - 12:23 PM

The only problem I have encountered is that Google Play Store crashes every time I finish a search and click the search button. Google Play Music, and Gmail does the same thing but I just uninstalled the updates and it fixed that problem.

#56 chrisf8657

chrisf8657

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 10:02 PM

Not fully flawless still has some bugs. Like the bug where sometimes you can't access a link when you click it.

I have the same issue. Strangely, it will work randomly on some and not on others when you hit a link.

#57 pm1066

pm1066

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 10:16 AM

Anyone having their battery life in the tank after this? My Maxx dying by 3 pm most days now.

#58 webeougher

webeougher

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Twitter:webeougher
  • Google+:webeougher

Posted 18 August 2012 - 10:20 AM

I noticed that my first three days using it on my regular RAZR, but things have stabilized on days 4-5.

#59 Chuckleb0ne

Chuckleb0ne

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 11:32 AM

Anyone having their battery life in the tank after this? My Maxx dying by 3 pm most days now.

Yea, Google now is like an old diesel truck, it just constantly uses the battery.

#60 BigJArm

BigJArm

• Developer
  • 212 posts
  • LocationIdaho
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR; Nexus 10

Posted 18 August 2012 - 09:00 PM

I have been using it for over a week now and don't see any drain difference. I like using it and the predictive traffic is pretty sweet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users