• Please log in to reply
121 replies to this topic

#81 charvaka

charvaka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 03:42 PM

I was on Koa AOKP build B40 from 6/25 for several weeks now with stable 4G data. If I ever lost data, all I had to do was toggle airplane mode and it would be back strong. I just flashed M7 online/offline version and it was working well for the first hour or so. After that, I have lost data, and it won't come back. I have tried: (a) toggling airplane mode, (B) switching to GSM only in Phone Info and switching back, and © rebooting the phone -- all to no avail. Has anyone else had their data break after flashing Google Now? Any ideas how I can get back data?

Thanks for your help!

#82 webeougher

webeougher

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Twitter:webeougher
  • Google+:webeougher

Posted 22 August 2012 - 04:58 AM

Depending on where you're at, Verizon data was down for a while last night - maybe that was part of the problem?

#83 charvaka

charvaka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 04:22 PM

Thanks for the reply. It doesn't seem to be a network issue. I switched to the non-safe side and I got 4G back right away. Now I switched back to the safe side, and no data. I guess I will use this opportunity to try some other ROMs.

#84 wabmorgan

wabmorgan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 11:34 PM

I was on Koa AOKP build B40 from 6/25 for several weeks now with stable 4G data. If I ever lost data, all I had to do was toggle airplane mode and it would be back strong. I just flashed M7 online/offline version and it was working well for the first hour or so. After that, I have lost data, and it won't come back. I have tried: (a) toggling airplane mode, ( B) switching to GSM only in Phone Info and switching back, and © rebooting the phone -- all to no avail. Has anyone else had their data break after flashing Google Now? Any ideas how I can get back data?

Thanks for your help!

Have you tried to Moto restore connectivity app ???

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#85 charvaka

charvaka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 09:36 AM

Have you tried to Moto restore connectivity app ???

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Thanks, I tried that as well, but no luck. So I just flashed Simplex ROM and installed Google Now on it. It's working well so far.

One thing I wish I had tried was restoring a nand backup of my Koa installation from before the Google Now install to see if that brought back data. But I thought of that only after installing Simplex, so now I am not sure if restoring that nand backup will work.

#86 crbdenver

crbdenver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Twitter:ChuckBanning

Posted 31 August 2012 - 08:56 AM

Not even sure how to ask this - I'm rooted, but not running any rom, just stock. how can I install this with CWM without using the safestrap safe side thingy?

#87 chrisf8657

chrisf8657

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 07:35 PM

Are you actually getting it to dial the contact? Mine just pulls up a card with the contact then I have to hit another button to actually get it to dial. Does the same thing with alarms too.

No, all it does is come up with a constantly spinning circle in the voice dial box - never recognizes anything I say. Guys over at XDA say it's a bug that only Google can fix, but haven't yet for some reason...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#88 JMSexton

JMSexton

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Twitter:JarrettSexton
  • LocationMD/PA

Posted 04 September 2012 - 10:36 AM

Not even sure how to ask this - I'm rooted, but not running any rom, just stock. how can I install this with CWM without using the safestrap safe side thingy?

You can't unfortunately....you must use SS and can only flash on the safe side...meaning you would first have to flash a rom on the safe side....you could always flash the .215 deodexed stock version if you want the same look/feel then restore any apps with TB

#89 SnoDrtRider

SnoDrtRider

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
  • Twitter:SnoDrtRider
  • Google+:SnoDrtRider
  • LocationSouth Jersey or Tug Hill, NY
  • Current Device(s):Droid Maxx, Motorola Xoom Wi Fi

Posted 04 September 2012 - 01:15 PM

You can install BOOTSTRAP and install Google Now on the stock rooted ROM... I just did this a few nights ago and Google Now works great but.... It has taken over my Bluetooth Dialing and just as always with any of the stock google BT apps it sucks at recognizing my input.
Tonight I will be fastbooting back to stock .211 to get rid of Google Now because not having BT working 100% is a deal breaker for me... also when I answer on BT to leaves the phone mic and speaker on so you are listening and talking through both... not good.
  • crbdenver likes this

#90 pm1066

pm1066

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 05:50 PM

Don't fear safestrap. I didn't quite understand the point at first, but taking the jump from CWM was a great move. Being able to dump a Rom and still have a functional phone at will its fairly liberating.

#91 Aliceics

Aliceics

Graphic Designer | Themer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • Twitter:alicerzr
  • Google+:littlemissalice1@gmail.com

Posted 04 September 2012 - 08:07 PM

Don't fear safestrap. I didn't quite understand the point at first, but taking the jump from CWM was a great move. Being able to dump a Rom and still have a functional phone at will its fairly liberating.

Safe strap only lets you flash things on the ROM side so people who simply want to flash mods to their stock phone can't use it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

#92 pm1066

pm1066

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 03:00 AM

Somewhat true. There are a number of stock ROMs out there, and safestrap gives you the ability to test drive modifications to a stock ROM without dorking up your basic phone if things don't work out. Hence the "safe".

You can do all sorts of experimenting with safestrap, and at the end of the day you can disable safe side and have your phone back, no Matt's utility or pc required.

That's all I was saying.

#93 crbdenver

crbdenver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 08:23 AM

Somewhat true. There are a number of stock ROMs out there, and safestrap gives you the ability to test drive modifications to a stock ROM without dorking up your basic phone if things don't work out. Hence the "safe".

You can do all sorts of experimenting with safestrap, and at the end of the day you can disable safe side and have your phone back, no Matt's utility or pc required.

That's all I was saying.

Thanks for all the input. I've watched a lot of the safestrap videos, but what I've not seen yet, is when one goes through the process with SS rom, and reboot, does it go to the new rom setup then. If so, how do you get back to the old side/setup, if you need to do that?

#94 pm1066

pm1066

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 11:38 AM

When safestrap is enabled, you get a menu like CWM on boot. One option is the safe menu, which lets you turn on or off the safe side. Turn it on, load a custom ROM. Turn it off, it boots the regular ROM.
  • crbdenver likes this

#95 crbdenver

crbdenver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 02:19 PM

Thanks, been running roms since the Droid X - now, what to try...........................

#96 webeougher

webeougher

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Twitter:webeougher
  • Google+:webeougher

Posted 10 September 2012 - 05:40 PM

Anyone having any luck getting NFL scores on Google Now?

#97 riggsdaruler

riggsdaruler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Twitter:riggsdaruler
  • Google+:riggsdaruler
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 10 September 2012 - 06:21 PM

just flash m7 on my razor maxx....reboot...and nothing. everything is still the same. the regular google search still pops up... no cards...nothing. and when i try to install the online/offline file and rename it, fix permissions, then reboot... i see the google now search bar. but then when i open it, it FC.... help!

#98 jtc303

jtc303

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 406 posts
  • LocationMA
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx HD, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1

Posted 11 September 2012 - 02:58 PM

Anyone having any luck getting NFL scores on Google Now?

I didn't yesterday but it's working today
Posted Image

#99 jtc303

jtc303

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 406 posts
  • LocationMA
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx HD, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:30 PM

Not a huge deal but.. Google Now is acting strange... before when I asked something specific, it would usually give me back that specific answer... for example if I said "what is the net worth of Bill Gates?" it would said "Bills Gates net worth is US 61 billion"... now if I ask it, it gives me background information about the person... I get the card displaying the answer but it doesn't say it like it used to... just tested again, and when I asked "how tall is Michael Jordan" it gave me a short answer about who MJ is... instead of saying he's 6'6"... pretty annoying...the weird thing is its great with sports... when I ask "when is the Patriots next game" it gives me the correct answer just as I want..... anyone else experiencing this?
Posted Image

#100 chipworkz

chipworkz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 15 September 2012 - 09:50 PM

Not a huge deal but.. Google Now is acting strange... before when I asked something specific, it would usually give me back that specific answer... for example if I said "what is the net worth of Bill Gates?" it would said "Bills Gates net worth is US 61 billion"... now if I ask it, it gives me background information about the person... I get the card displaying the answer but it doesn't say it like it used to... just tested again, and when I asked "how tall is Michael Jordan" it gave me a short answer about who MJ is... instead of saying he's 6'6"... pretty annoying...the weird thing is its great with sports... when I ask "when is the Patriots next game" it gives me the correct answer just as I want..... anyone else experiencing this?

I am getting the same thing running ArcticHD. I asked how tall MJ was and it gave me the background info with the card showing 6'6"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users