Photo

[Rom][Bionic] *new* Speedlite 2.1 By Jp1044 (And Leviathan26)

• Please log in to reply
218 replies to this topic

#141 grizzy

grizzy

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 12:07 AM

I'm on .232, is it a good idea to jump above that? What are the advantages? Sorry for the n00b questions. I've only owned my bionic for two months. It was a replacement for my Charge. Therefore, I've never FXZ'd, and don't want to stick myself in a corner somehow. I'm a computer tech by trade, so I'm not scared to do anything to the phone, just don't feel like bricking anything.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

I would not suggest jumping up from .232 because you can't go back. Rumor is OTA for ICS bionic should be coming soon so I'd just wait. Personally, I'm on .242 because I made the initial jump to .235 and couldn't fxz back anyway. But since you're on a leak that allows you to fxz back to.905 I'd stay there and wait for the OTA because that's the safest leak to be on.

For Wifi tether, just put he device profile to "Generic ICS/JB (wlan0)" and it works fine for me.

On a side note, battery life is not too good for me even on 2.0. I am in a 4g area but it's still draining more than other roms. Not complaining or anything, just wanted to point it out.

Thanks JP for the awesome rom. It's very smooth with pretty much no problems.
  • Int_Rnd_Pooka and idivorceyou like this

#142 milski65

milski65

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • Twitter:milski65

Posted 02 September 2012 - 02:23 AM

Initial drain on 2.0 was pretty stellar. On first full day and 3rd charge, and have seen a marked improvement with battery. I'm thinking things will settle in by the end of the day. Great rom JP. Thank you very much for an outstanding rom.
  • Int_Rnd_Pooka likes this

#143 Kysumi

Kysumi

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 07:14 AM

its not a complaint. It just is. When I launch Google Now it works fine as long as I text search. None of the voice activation works for me (although it did work with Liquid Blur) the red mic pops up, it even captures voice but it never stops and does anything. It just stays on the red mic indefinitely.

I have had no issues with 4g or MMS only Google Now.

Haven't tried 2.0 yet, but on 1.1 the only time I have trouble with Now is when I have Bluetooth on. It doesn't pick up any audio, same as phone calls when Bluetooth is on but not connected. As soon as I turn it off it works fine.

#144 rclark3113

rclark3113

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 11:22 AM

Haven't tried 2.0 yet, but on 1.1 the only time I have trouble with Now is when I have Bluetooth on. It doesn't pick up any audio, same as phone calls when Bluetooth is on but not connected. As soon as I turn it off it works fine.

First off to JP, great Rom. This is the best built one I've used. Good battery life and snappy function.

However, I've noticed this same issue with the Bluetooth. Although I don't believe it to be an issue with this Rom in particular, as I've noticed it with everything except stock.

Is there any knowledge to why the audio routing is broken with Bluetooth enabled?

#145 droidkilla45

droidkilla45

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 03:15 PM

Hey guys I would like to know how to install this Rom.. I am on ICS 233. Can I just safestrap it from there or do I need to do something special?

#146 SlimMan

SlimMan

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 03:48 PM

droidkilla45 I think you can just use SS 2.1 and make sure you do a wipe after you have enable safe and then install the ROM.

On to my original post:
I got the MMS to work and all the other features the best I can tell. However the phone is laging when changing screens, loading apps, exiting a menu and etc. I done a Quadrant and it rated lower then the leak .232... Any suggestions?

Thanks, Slim!

When you get what DROID does, then there is no limit to what you get! Current Phone : Bionic Running: Skyl1N3 Slim!

#147 milski65

milski65

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 03:59 PM

Try apex slim. Imo a better launcher then nova

#148 SlimMan

SlimMan

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 03:30 AM

Try apex slim. Imo a better launcher then nova

Yeah that is what I am running.

When you get what DROID does, then there is no limit to what you get! Current Phone : Bionic Running: Skyl1N3 Slim!

#149 milski65

milski65

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 03:32 AM

Yeah that is what I am running.

Try wiping caches and reflashing rom?

#150 mtbrgeek

mtbrgeek

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts
  • Twitter:mtbrgeek
  • LocationFor Twain, In Diana

Posted 04 September 2012 - 07:49 AM

OK RUnning and using this rom during my normal trial period.. Im at 86% at noon.. usually on the good roms ill be at about 70%

WAY TO GO JP!!!!
HOBite running .247 .246

#151 frankemtp

frankemtp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Current Device(s):Bionic

Posted 04 September 2012 - 08:17 AM

I came back to 2.0 since it is so smooth and I love the interface. However, for the life of me, I cannot properly configure wireless tether. I finally managed to connect using ICS/JB 0 and it worked for about two minutes and then the phone rebooted. I tried Auto, Razor and Bionic profiles and nothing worked. I would love to use the Bionic for wifi for my tablet while on the road. Oh used SS to install and did a complete wipe: data, system, cache and dalvik. Any ideas will be most appreciated. :rolleyes:

Glad to see that I am not the only one with this issue. Additionally, I cannot find an app in the market that will allow my Bionic to be a hotspot.

Edited by frankemtp, 04 September 2012 - 08:29 AM.

#152 milski65

milski65

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 08:23 AM

I came back to 2.0 since it is so smooth and I love the interface. However, for the life of me, I cannot properly configure wireless tether. I finally managed to connect using ICS/JB 0 and it worked for about two minutes and then the phone rebooted. I tried Auto, Razor and Bionic profiles and nothing worked. I would love to use the Bionic for wifi for my tablet while on the road. Oh used SS to install and did a complete wipe: data, system, cache and dalvik. Any ideas will be most appreciated.

I've not gotten anywhere with it either. Multiple settings and reboots later, still no go. Small price to pay for the battery life.

#153 jp1044

jp1044

DEVELOPER

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts
  • Twitter:@jp1044
  • Google+:jp1044@gmail.com
  • LocationColorado
  • Current Device(s):MOTO X Developer Edition, Droid RAZR HD (backup)

Posted 04 September 2012 - 08:43 AM

Try routing fix in the settings

If you feel the urge to donate to me, you can do so here -> Donate

#154 frankemtp

frankemtp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Current Device(s):Bionic

Posted 04 September 2012 - 09:43 AM

Try routing fix in the settings

Ok, tried routing fix on all reasonable configurations and the only one that allowed the hotspot was IC/JB 0 and then for only a limited period of time. Should I try another configuration or await an update? Of all the roms that I have used, this is the easiest on the eyes and has great quadrant scores. Thanks!

#155 milski65

milski65

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 10:03 AM

Tried 4-5 settings with and w/o router fix. My phone has been very stubborn with tethering apps. Not an issue. STELLAR battery life.

#156 SlimMan

SlimMan

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 05:14 PM

I like the ROM but not able to figure out the LAG issues short of trying to do a wipe and install again... I may try that just not sure at this point.

Thanks Jp for your work and for trying to help me the other day.

#157 xcodybx

xcodybx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 07:19 PM

Lots of force closes. I've tried everything.....love it when it works...

#158 mtbrgeek

mtbrgeek

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts
  • Twitter:mtbrgeek
  • LocationFor Twain, In Diana

Posted 05 September 2012 - 02:21 AM

ive noticed something about his roms.. ( probably true for other roms, but i flash his more than others) i get significantly better experience from his roms when i make sure to do full data/sys/dalvik wipe.. install rom.. then wipe dalvik again ... ( dont know why the second dalvik wipe helps) but i wind up with a less glitchy version... Ive experienced both of the above issues previously... I have noticed in 2.0 a sliiiight delay in swipe functions ( navigation not the keyboard app)

Word is 2.1 is soon coming.
HOBite running .247 .246

#159 Stories

Stories

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationWashington, DC

Posted 05 September 2012 - 05:47 AM

Here's what to expect for bat life out of 2.0. Pretty good eh?

Anyone have any tips on how to get battery life like this? I'm running the standard capacity battery, ICS leak .232, safe strapped 2.11, and use JuiceDefender. I did a clean install (wiped data, cache, system, dalvik), running CPU at 1000MHz, smartassV2 governor, and I live in a congested (major city) LTE area. My battery life is worse than when I was running GB, although it's a little better than when I was running stock ICS .232.

Currently used 30% battery after being unplugged for 2.5 hours, 30 minutes of screen on time, and 30 minutes of (local) music playing.
Android lover since 2009

#160 schnp

schnp

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 06:04 AM

Also having the force close problems (though, oddly, they don't seem to actually affect anything), but I'm about to reflash using

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

. Battery life is decent but not up to par with what I was getting with AliasAOKP v0.2 by Tehsusenoh. (On Alias AOKP I'd still be at 40% at the end of the day, but Speedlight is already at 66% after only four hours.) Still better than the Liquid releases though.

Two features I miss: 1) the battery bar across the top of the statusbar (AliasAOKP had this), and a Sleep mode in the power button menu (low battery, disabled services, but quick wake).

EDIT: @Stories, for some reason I wasn't getting 4G yesterday and it killed my battery too, presumably from constantly searching for 4G. I think that's what drained my battery so fast because today it seems much better.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users