Photo

[Rom][Bionic] *new* Speedlite 2.1 By Jp1044 (And Leviathan26)

• Please log in to reply
218 replies to this topic

#161 envizion

envizion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 10:46 AM

been running this rom since 1.0 and loving it but after a day of being on 2.0, i notice the phone freezing up pretty often. the screen would just lock up and stay there for a few minutes before going back to the home screen.

#162 tehsusenoh

tehsusenoh

Developer

• Developer
  • 17 posts
  • Twitter:tehsusenoh

Posted 05 September 2012 - 12:21 PM

been running this rom since 1.0 and loving it but after a day of being on 2.0, i notice the phone freezing up pretty often. the screen would just lock up and stay there for a few minutes before going back to the home screen.

Same thing here, on two different Bionics.

#163 jp1044

jp1044

DEVELOPER

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts
  • Twitter:@jp1044
  • Google+:jp1044@gmail.com
  • LocationColorado
  • Current Device(s):MOTO X Developer Edition, Droid RAZR HD (backup)

Posted 05 September 2012 - 01:13 PM

That problem might have to do with the CPU governor...try switching to interactive or smartassv2

If you feel the urge to donate to me, you can do so here -> Donate

#164 tehsusenoh

tehsusenoh

Developer

• Developer
  • 17 posts
  • Twitter:tehsusenoh

Posted 05 September 2012 - 07:29 PM

That problem might have to do with the CPU governor...try switching to interactive or smartassv2

I'm on Boosted, that might be the issue.

#165 KPCallahan

KPCallahan

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Twitter:kpcallahan1993
  • LocationSouth Dakota

Posted 05 September 2012 - 07:53 PM

Anyone have the tether working? Also any opinion on the best governor? I really have no idea in that department.

#166 dragon

dragon

Puff the Magic Dragon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts
  • Twitter:foamerman
  • LocationLand of Honalee
  • Current Device(s):Unlocked RAZR MAXX HD retired Bionic, Thunderbolt and OG Droid

Posted 06 September 2012 - 01:59 PM

Hey JP I'm likeing this one for sure. Got a question for anyone is there a way to change the color in the contact app it is white with black letters can it be changed to black with white letters I'm just asking because the white is over powering sometimes... :)

Puff the Magic Dragon

Sent from my Computer using windows 8

#167 Stories

Stories

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationWashington, DC

Posted 06 September 2012 - 07:02 PM

Can't wait to try this! Hopefully my battery use will be much better :-)
Android lover since 2009

#168 mrgarrison

mrgarrison

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationPORTLANDoregon

Posted 06 September 2012 - 10:09 PM

OpenGarden wifi tether works anazingly well for me with this rom! Just set the profile to auto-detect. Great work JP! My fav rom by far! You've cured my flash addiction! ;)

#169 kbdroid

kbdroid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 05:15 AM

Just installed the 2.1 update. However, the build date still says August 30, 2012, and when I was installing it, in CWM it said SpeedLite 2.0. Did I just download the wrong file? I double checked the file name and it was correct..

#170 milski65

milski65

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • Twitter:milski65

Posted 07 September 2012 - 05:24 AM

Noticed that myself. It's happened before. You're good.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
  • Platy87 likes this

#171 Int_Rnd_Pooka

Int_Rnd_Pooka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Current Device(s):Bionic

Posted 07 September 2012 - 07:52 AM

ive noticed something about his roms.. ( probably true for other roms, but i flash his more than others) i get significantly better experience from his roms when i make sure to do full data/sys/dalvik wipe.. install rom.. then wipe dalvik again ... ( dont know why the second dalvik wipe helps) but i wind up with a less glitchy version... Ive experienced both of the above issues previously... I have noticed in 2.0 a sliiiight delay in swipe functions ( navigation not the keyboard app)

Word is 2.1 is soon coming.

That's in your head. Flashing the ROM and gapps will not affect dalvik cache in any way. That's something that only gets written to while the OS is actually running. You could flash seventy three different ROMs in one recovery session and dalvik would not change one bit until you boot into the OS.
  • mtbrgeek and mrlolli like this

#172 frankemtp

frankemtp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 07 September 2012 - 09:35 AM

I have installed 2.1 and using Open Garden, I can use the phone as a wifi hotspot. I am delighted and particularly like the availability of the themes. They make the phone much easier to use. I have yet to find a problem and am obtaining Quadrant scores above 2500 without any tweaking or overclocking. I am using the hotplug governor since smartassv2 is not available. Does anyone have suggestions on the best governor for battery life with an accommodation for speed? Thanks.

#173 Thepatriotvirus

Thepatriotvirus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Current Device(s):Droid Bionic

Posted 07 September 2012 - 01:23 PM

On RAg3 right now but I will be going back to Speedlite :)

#174 SlimMan

SlimMan

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 01:42 PM

Hello all,

Glad to see the release of 2.1, hoping that the fix for the lag issues work me as I do like this ROM!

Thanks,

When you get what DROID does, then there is no limit to what you get! Current Phone : Bionic Running: Skyl1N3 Slim!

#175 dwhiteley87

dwhiteley87

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Google+:https://plus.google.com/100843993476589539861/

Posted 07 September 2012 - 05:57 PM

Any word yet on what the cause is for the in-call audio not working with Bluetooth enabled? I really want to try out this ROM, but that's a deal breaker for me. I use Bluetooth every day.

#176 Int_Rnd_Pooka

Int_Rnd_Pooka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 09:47 PM

Any word yet on what the cause is for the in-call audio not working with Bluetooth enabled? I really want to try out this ROM, but that's a deal breaker for me. I use Bluetooth every day.

The long version involves the same (or similar) AudioPolicy and AudioServerPolicy code tweaks that had to be done for the Droid2/2g/X. Basically, moto phones and hardware need special rules for the bluetooth and audio and notifications all to play right. Moto phones are special needs if any phone ever was

The short version is: Yes.

The really weird version is: I had no problems on the AOKP 7/25 build with bluetooth and in call audio. I haven't tried it on any CM9 based builds, old or new. They're not hugely different, but enough that it could make a difference.

#177 mrlolli

mrlolli

Put Member Title Here

• Developer
  • 763 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 09 September 2012 - 06:10 AM

That's in your head. Flashing the ROM and gapps will not affect dalvik cache in any way. That's something that only gets written to while the OS is actually running. You could flash seventy three different ROMs in one recovery session and dalvik would not change one bit until you boot into the OS.

wow, short and informative...my favorite combo :). here is the one thing i learned today, thanks int_rnd_pooka!
  • Int_Rnd_Pooka likes this

2qa7hv4.jpg

Nice job on the signature, jl90...thanks! 

#178 Int_Rnd_Pooka

Int_Rnd_Pooka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 07:02 AM

wow, short and informative...my favorite combo . here is the one thing i learned today, thanks int_rnd_pooka!

I may be a jerk half the time, but if I see a rumor starting that I know to be untrue, I like to stomp it dead so we can all benefit by not having half truths as our guide

#179 android123

android123

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 12:36 PM

Does HDMI mirroring work?

Does this rom have any data drops or anything? What doesn't work?

Thanks

#180 jp1044

jp1044

DEVELOPER

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts
  • Twitter:@jp1044
  • Google+:jp1044@gmail.com
  • LocationColorado
  • Current Device(s):MOTO X Developer Edition, Droid RAZR HD (backup)

Posted 09 September 2012 - 01:14 PM

Does HDMI mirroring work?

Does this rom have any data drops or anything? What doesn't work?

Thanks

This is a CM9 based rom so HDMI and Webtop do not work. Data drops shouldn't be a problem if you've never had problems before. If you use Bluetooth a lot, but still make calls with your phone itself, then any CM9 or AOKP rom isn't going to work for you. Other than that, there aren't any other problems that I know about.

If you feel the urge to donate to me, you can do so here -> Donate

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users