Photo

Obsidian's for JB OTA /UPDATE/FXZ/RSD/ROMS/ROOT(wip)/Threads/Guides/SafeStrap/***

bionic ics leak rom safestrap obsidian root

• Please log in to reply
641 replies to this topic

#501 Int_Rnd_Pooka

Int_Rnd_Pooka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Current Device(s):Bionic

Posted 21 March 2013 - 01:01 AM

$5? I thought it was like $10 to add a line.

And to get a smartphone on the new line would require you to get a data plan for that line, which is a minimum of some $10-$20 there, so you're looking at $15-$30 per month for 24 months to get a new phone line so you can get the new phone at subsidized price and switch it to your old unlimited line. That's $360-$720 over the course of two years.

What voodoo did you do to get a new phone line at $5 a month? When you switch your old Bionic to the new line it will automatically add a minimum data plan for a smart phone if it doesn't have one (As per VZW rep).

-- Addendum --

If you HAVE an old voice/texting only phone lying around and can get your salesperson to do it all in one fell swoop, you MIGHT be able to get the latest/greatest smartphone, switch it to your unlimited line, and switch your basic phone to the new number all at once. This would allow you to retain your old unlimited data plan and only have to add a voice line while still being able to get the new phone at subsidized cost.

That depends on your customer service rep. I imagine I could possibly pull that off, but only because I've got a guy I've been directly contacting for about 3 years now who has risen to a regional manager for all the CSRs in his area and no longer actually handles customers unless they call his desk directly
  • johnlgalt and nakedtime like this

#502 johnlgalt

johnlgalt

Antidisestablishmentarianist

• Superuser
  • 7,296 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/JohnLGalt
  • Location3rd Rock
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 4 XL 128 GB

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:36 AM

BTW - the link to RSD Lite 6.1.5 - does that work with our BIONICs? I know there was an issue with 6.1.4 that would not work all the time....

#503 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,503 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:50 AM

I haven't tested it. I've been hesitant to even touch newer rsd versions given the problems it created for me with the HoB when I updated it.

Non potest esse nisi unus

#504 johnlgalt

johnlgalt

Antidisestablishmentarianist

• Superuser
  • 7,296 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/JohnLGalt
  • Location3rd Rock
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 4 XL 128 GB

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:48 AM

Yeah, But I just saw this 6.1.5 so I was wondering. I suppose I could test it myself, but....I really don't feel like doing all that....

#505 Obsidian

Obsidian

Developer

• Superuser
  • 230 posts
  • Twitter:@Obsidian_22

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:59 AM

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Stop Whining lol

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

OG ---------> DX ----------> Bionic

#506 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,503 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 01:58 PM

Yea, really...."does it work?" Go find out! :P

#507 pistacio

pistacio

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • Locationsoutheast MA
  • Current Device(s):XT926 Razr Maxx HD, Xoom, Nexus 7 (car install)

Posted 21 March 2013 - 02:45 PM

i started with a dse801, then moved on to the riva 510, then from there i moved on to a variable voltage box mod from madvapes and hypermint flavor from bluemistvaping. i slowly lowered the nicotine, and now it was 2 years on january 29 since i have had a cig. To those that say that ecigs dont work, tell them to talk to me...before this, i had smoked for 23 years and tried every other possible way to quit with no success, and this worked beautiful for me :)

Currently using two eGo twists with Vivi nova tanks, been done with cigarettes since October 2012, smoked for 16 years.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

• mrlolli likes this

#508 Int_Rnd_Pooka

Int_Rnd_Pooka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:14 PM

Isn't the idea to be done with cigarettes entirely, not just switch to pretend cigarettes?

#509 Int_Rnd_Pooka

Int_Rnd_Pooka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:15 PM

<puffs on bubblegum cigarette>
  • milski65 likes this

#510 Obsidian

Obsidian

Developer

• Superuser
  • 230 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:28 PM

Isn't the idea to be done with cigarettes entirely, not just switch to pretend cigarettes?

Point is to not get cancer...

• milski65 and Int_Rnd_Pooka like this

#511 milski65

milski65

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • Twitter:milski65

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:12 AM

Fuc*^n prick :) Good one pooka. Laughing rear end off here. But the cancer sticks are no laughing matter. Starting a program as well (thanks mrlolli).

#512 Int_Rnd_Pooka

Int_Rnd_Pooka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 01:50 PM

I'm still smoking and proud. Represent, yo. Hand rolled. No filters. I spent 2 years quit and just missed the flavor of Drum. A near catastrophic experience at work may have helped just a little, though.

#513 milski65

milski65

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • Twitter:milski65

Posted 24 March 2013 - 03:30 PM

I'm still smoking and proud. Represent, yo. Hand rolled. No filters. I spent 2 years quit and just missed the flavor of Drum. A near catastrophic experience at work may have helped just a little, though.

You are one crazy fuc%&r pooka. . I love em, but I'm worried about my kids, as is Obs I'm sure. If I could smoke em and live forever, I would.
  • Int_Rnd_Pooka likes this

#514 Int_Rnd_Pooka

Int_Rnd_Pooka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 05:04 PM

You are one crazy fuc%&r pooka. . I love em, but I'm worried about my kids, as is Obs I'm sure. If I could smoke em and live forever, I would.

I just don't want to die of nothing at 60 years old. I'll take my chances. My kids are going to lose me eventually, and with my family history as it relates to smoking, it will be later rather than sooner.

#515 mrlolli

mrlolli

Put Member Title Here

• Developer
  • 763 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:48 AM

you can use them however you want. i used them to quit, but i am sure that others use them to get them by until they can go wherever they need to go to have a tobacco cig

2qa7hv4.jpg

Nice job on the signature, jl90...thanks! 

#516 Obsidian

Obsidian

Developer

• Superuser
  • 230 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 03:15 PM

Yeah with my son's mom pretty much out of the picture I realized that if something were to happen to me his life would really suck. He's been asking me for the last couple years to quit but I never knew why he was so adamant about it until I put myself in his shoes and that's when that realization hit.

you can use them however you want. i used them to quit, but i am sure that others use them to get them by until they can go wherever they need to go to have a tobacco cig

I am using them to quit smoking real cigarettes for my health but am allowing myself to continue smoking the e cigs after. After I accomplish that I will work on quitting completely but my main goal is starting healthy for my boy

#517 Aldroid33

Aldroid33

Superuser

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 01:34 PM

Will you be posting the JB 4.1 Stock Rom once the Soak hits?
Thanks,

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk HD
Samsung S4, Rooted, Encrypted, Stock JB 4.4.3 GPE and Echo TW v.24 4.4.2
Moto Xoom WiFi-EOS Big Part 4.4.4 w/ TWRP 2.7.1. Thanks BRD & R'nH!

#518 Obsidian

Obsidian

Developer

• Superuser
  • 230 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 01:13 PM

Will you be posting the JB 4.1 Stock Rom once the Soak hits?
Thanks,

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk HD

Yeah this and all my threads will switch over to JB once it drops :-) I'll completely redo the threads as well

• kjens0815 and Aldroid33 like this

#519 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,503 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 01:36 PM

One sucky thing to note for those not keeping tabs on such things is we will NOT likely ever get a working JB root exploit for Bionic. Yes, I know all about the existing Moto JB exploits. I'm also aware that none of them are likely to work for us. And since Dan just officially retired today from root exploit hunting, well, um....sigh.

#520 kdivine981

kdivine981

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 01:50 PM

One sucky thing to note for those not keeping tabs on such things is we will NOT likely ever get a working JB root exploit for Bionic. Yes, I know all about the existing Moto JB exploits. I'm also aware that none of them are likely to work for us. And since Dan just officially retired today from root exploit hunting, well, um....sigh.

Spreading the realism only to crush the bright eyed once again.

I do agree though that as many people can need to be aware of this. Personally I'm not ready to give up root.

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk 2

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bionic, ics, leak, rom, safestrap, obsidian, root

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users