249 replies to this topic

#81 Justibasa

Justibasa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Twitter:@justibasa

Posted 13 January 2012 - 02:31 PM

I got this error also, but I immediately let it reboot, all new update was there except no radio. so I rebooted and reinstalled update and it went through flawlessly and only took 1—2 minutes to complete. I did not change anything back after the fail, I just let it reboot on its own and reinstalled.

This happened with mine too. Just reinstalled and worked great.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#82 simon_lefisch

simon_lefisch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 265 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 13 January 2012 - 02:38 PM

Just installed this update the way that was described.....worked flawlessly!! thanks so much for finding this file and creating this writeup :D

in case anyone wants to know what i did (i was on .748 with ICS theme installed)

wiped data/cache
fastboot back to stock .744
wiped data/cache again (just to be safe)
installed .748 update
used doomlords 1 click root and got root
used voodoo root keeper to backup root and gain temp unroot
installed .173 via stock recovery
used voodoo to restore root

peachy!!
  • zllibengood likes this

#83 MistaWolfe

MistaWolfe

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 04:18 PM

Great write up man...

#84 pasinato

pasinato

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Twitter:tonypasinato@hotmail.com

Posted 14 January 2012 - 10:55 AM

After updating to 173, I enabled safestrap and rebooted. I enabled safe mode and rebooted my phone. Went to the MOTO logo and stopped. Waited about 10 minutes with no luck. Rebooted phone, disabled safe mode and rebooted again back in safe mode without issue. Any one else had an issue booting into safe mode?
Thanks

#85 pasinato

pasinato

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 10:56 AM

Typo should have said rebooted into normal mode after disabling safe mode.

#86 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 10:57 AM

After updating to 173, I enabled safestrap and rebooted. I enabled safe mode and rebooted my phone. Went to the MOTO logo and stopped. Waited about 10 minutes with no luck. Rebooted phone, disabled safe mode and rebooted again back in safe mode without issue. Any one else had an issue booting into safe mode?
Thanks

I don't think you understand SafeStrap. You need to install a ROM on the safe side. Doesn't have its own. You use safe side for flashing ROMs.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#87 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 11:42 AM

Added bug list to the News post. There is a force closed error when you press the Search key in the App Drawer.

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

#88 pasinato

pasinato

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 12:07 PM

I don't think you understand SafeStrap. You need to install a ROM on the safe side. Doesn't have its own. You use safe side for flashing ROMs.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Your are right and please excuse my Brain Fart. I thought it would move my safe system over, and I could tweak from there. Thanks, and you can give me 1 Dumd rear end vote for today.

#89 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 12:09 PM

Your are right and please excuse my Brain Fart. I thought it would move my safe system over, and I could tweak from there. Thanks, and you can give me 1 Dumd rear end vote for today.

+5 Intelligence Buff

#90 fessrick

fessrick

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationJohnstown, PA

Posted 14 January 2012 - 12:39 PM

I'm pretty new to all this ROM & Root stuff. I have rooted my phone & installed RARZX rom. I did not care for the RAZRX so I'm running stock rom right now. But anywhay here is my question.
I would really like to get this update. where in a little confuzed is do I need to do the full RSD? I have used safe strap to install & restore my ROM's from what im reading I do just want to make sure.
Also my MD5 is correct, Blur_Version.6.11.748.XT912.Verizon.en.US.zip is correct, but where or how do I find this # aa7fe6290c0d3a60253922bac413da02 to see if it is correct.
Thanks for the help.

#91 fessrick

fessrick

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationJohnstown, PA

Posted 14 January 2012 - 12:48 PM

Sorry guys not real bright on this subject.
I want to install the Arctic ROM. Should I install the OTA update first or can this be installed with a rooted ROM?
Thanks

#92 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 12:52 PM

Sorry guys not real bright on this subject.
I want to install the Arctic ROM. Should I install the OTA update first or can this be installed with a rooted ROM?
Thanks

You can install this OTA and THEN install safestrap and put Arctic on the safe-enabled side.

#93 fessrick

fessrick

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationJohnstown, PA

Posted 14 January 2012 - 12:56 PM

You can install this OTA and THEN install safestrap and put Arctic on the safe-enabled side.

Already have safe strap on the phone. Know I need to disabe to install OTA. So I should update the OTA prior to installing the arctic rom?
Also since having & using safestrap will I need to run the full RSD?
Thanks

#94 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 12:58 PM

Already have safe strap on the phone. Know I need to disabe to install OTA. So I should update the OTA prior to installing the arctic rom?
Also since having & using safestrap will I need to run the full RSD?
Thanks

Follow the guide. It says: "***IF YOU HAVE EVER USED HASHCODES SAFESTRAP... STOP HERE AND DO A FULL

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

!!***" on the very first line. So yes.

#95 fessrick

fessrick

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationJohnstown, PA

Posted 14 January 2012 - 01:09 PM

Follow the guide. It says: "***IF YOU HAVE EVER USED HASHCODES SAFESTRAP... STOP HERE AND DO A FULL

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

!!***" on the very first line. So yes.

Sorry very new to this wasnt sure about the HASHCODES thats what threw me off. Thanks for the help.
I'm on the current update 6.11.748 by doing the full RSD it will take me back to 6.11.744 correct?
If so I will need to get back to .748 before moving to 6.12.173 correct?
Thank you

#96 quadjacks

quadjacks

THE 4 of us!

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • Twitter:@quadjacks
  • LocationFort Drum, NY
  • Current Device(s):Maxx HD

Posted 14 January 2012 - 01:10 PM

When using voodoo, it says i must have ext partitions. Is there anything I need to do besides click protect root? Or do I have to create these somehow before hand?
Any FAA meetings in my area? Flash Addicts Anonymous~God is Luv~

#97 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 01:23 PM

When using voodoo, it says i must have ext partitions. Is there anything I need to do besides click protect root? Or do I have to create these somehow before hand?

Once rooted just hit Protect Root. I usually do Temp. Unroot then install the update. Then open it up and Restore Root.

#98 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 01:24 PM

Sorry very new to this wasnt sure about the HASHCODES thats what threw me off. Thanks for the help.
I'm on the current update 6.11.748 by doing the full RSD it will take me back to 6.11.744 correct?
If so I will need to get back to .748 before moving to 6.12.173 correct?
Thank you

The RSD Lite will take you back to .744. You need to be at .748 before updating, yes.

#99 fessrick

fessrick

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationJohnstown, PA

Posted 14 January 2012 - 01:26 PM

The RSD Lite will take you back to .744. You need to be at .748 before updating, yes.

Thank you for all the help.

#100 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 01:33 PM

Thank you for all the help.

No problem, enjoy the leaked update!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Update Guide

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users