1609 replies to this topic

#981 dcrazy

dcrazy

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 06:14 PM

Everybody Experience horrible battery drain? My battery is dead in about 5,6 hours with less then moderate use,the phone is just on standby with data on but nothing else, with stock rom I get about 12 hour's of battery time, I feel like an iphone user chasing after a power source ...

#982 extirpate

extirpate

Just flash it..

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts
  • LocationSacramento, Ca
  • Current Device(s):Dr. Device

Posted 23 September 2012 - 06:17 PM

Everybody Experience horrible battery drain? My battery is dead in about 5,6 hours with less then moderate use,the phone is just on standby with data on but nothing else, with stock rom I get about 12 hour's of battery time, I feel like an iphone user chasing after an electric power ...

Nope, not at all. Battery has been great for me! This is with 3 hours of hard hotspot use. Although for some reason, hotspot doesn't show here.

Posted from DroidRazrMaxx using Tapatalk²

Attached Files

Posted Image

#983 dcrazy

dcrazy

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 06:22 PM

Nope, not at all. Battery has been great for me! This is with 3 hours of hard hotspot use. Although for some reason, hotspot doesn't show here.

Any suggestion what is wrong or what todo?

#984 durango992007

durango992007

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 07:08 PM

This is my first time rooting/romming. So far so good was pretty easy. Just one quick problem that can probably be solved. I cant seem to sync my contacts off backup assistant. Can i not do that with this rom?

I guess i should put in that when i try device setup using back uo assistant plus, it keeps force closing.

#985 chipworkz

chipworkz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 23 September 2012 - 07:24 PM

For those following the GPS issue, as I said, I didn't think it was an issue specifically with this rom since it was doing it to me on multiple roms. So I ended up fastbooting back to .211 twice but it is now working good again on Arctic. Not sure why it took two times to get it to work but I just hope it stays working now. With only GPS Standalone turned on, I hits right on my house within 5 seconds or so and doesn't bounce all around like it was before. I wish I knew what exactly was causing this since it seems to be fairly common from what multiple people are saying.

#986 extirpate

extirpate

Just flash it..

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts
  • LocationSacramento, Ca

Posted 23 September 2012 - 07:28 PM

Any suggestion what is wrong or what todo?

Check your battery settings and see what's eating it up. Take a SS and post. Also enable sleepcpu at boot. Try and keep brightness around 30%. That'll help a lot.

This is my first time rooting/romming. So far so good was pretty easy. Just one quick problem that can probably be solved. I cant seem to sync my contacts off backup assistant. Can i not do that with this rom?

I guess i should put in that when i try device setup using back uo assistant plus, it keeps force closing.

Backup assistance Is not available on this Rom. Go to verizonwireless.com and sign in. Open your contact list and export it into .csv then import into Google to have synced. Super easy. Google it if u need step by step.

Posted Image

#987 jbag1489

jbag1489

Themer

• Superuser
  • 167 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 07:53 PM

great rom! been on it about a day, loving it so far! super smooth!

#988 dcrazy

dcrazy

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 11:12 PM

SS of my battery, so what do you think? What's killing my battery? And my brightness is around 30%

Attached Files

#989 nightwatcher

nightwatcher

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 05:04 AM

Everybody Experience horrible battery drain? My battery is dead in about 5,6 hours with less then moderate use,the phone is just on standby with data on but nothing else, with stock rom I get about 12 hour's of battery time, I feel like an iphone user chasing after a power source ...

I have seen this behavior in the past and just not this rom.... I would use an app like System Panel Lite... its free on the market... I could see my user programs were running 80 to 100 percent of my CPU's.... sometimes I would have to reboot a couple of times and then it would stop. Never figured out what the app was causing it... but pretty much every time I had a fast battery drain it would be the same symptom...

I can say with this rom I am getting about 36 hours of battery life... about the best I have gotten from any rom out there... and performance is great... I over clocked to 1350... use hotplugx as a governor with sio.... using hotplugx I don't have to use cpusleeper to save power from the second cpu... it's built into the governor ....

Don't know if this helps... but thought I would share...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#990 lazer

lazer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 287 posts
  • LocationWestern PA

Posted 24 September 2012 - 06:12 AM

I have seen this behavior in the past and just not this rom.... I would use an app like System Panel Lite... its free on the market... I could see my user programs were running 80 to 100 percent of my CPU's.... sometimes I would have to reboot a couple of times and then it would stop. Never figured out what the app was causing it... but pretty much every time I had a fast battery drain it would be the same symptom...

I can say with this rom I am getting about 36 hours of battery life... about the best I have gotten from any rom out there... and performance is great... I over clocked to 1350... use hotplugx as a governor with sio.... using hotplugx I don't have to use cpusleeper to save power from the second cpu... it's built into the governor ....

Dumb question I know but I do have SetCPU and have set the governor to hotplugx but my max clock only goes to 1200. What are you using to overclock? And anything else I need to know to pull off a setup such as yours whilst on this Rom?

Thanks! :)

#991 nightwatcher

nightwatcher

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 06:37 AM

Dumb question I know but I do have SetCPU and have set the governor to hotplugx but my max clock only goes to 1200. What are you using to overclock? And anything else I need to know to pull off a setup such as yours whilst on this Rom?

Thanks! :)

First let me say... in my opinion the only Dumb question is the one not asked.... we learn by asking...

If you read back thru this forum you will find the instructions for over clocking.. there is actually a file already set that will let you do it.. but not all RAZR hardware has the same results... it is possible to set your default govenor in the same file that lets you over clock... but I would suggest reading this forum and all the comments people have seen with over clocking... some like me have had some great results... other had to tweek a bit differently... and some can not do at all... better to read all and get an understanding that helps if you have an issue...

I personally use ROM Toolbox for changing governors and other tweeking... and Root Explorer for finding and editing files... I know there are others out there and you will find reference to many of them on this forum as people post about their experince with this ROM and the tools they have used with it...

Hope this helps...

#992 lazer

lazer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 287 posts
  • LocationWestern PA

Posted 24 September 2012 - 06:50 AM

First let me say... in my opinion the only Dumb question is the one not asked.... we learn by asking...

If you read back thru this forum you will find the instructions for over clocking.. there is actually a file already set that will let you do it.. but not all RAZR hardware has the same results... it is possible to set your default govenor in the same file that lets you over clock... but I would suggest reading this forum and all the comments people have seen with over clocking... some like me have had some great results... other had to tweek a bit differently... and some can not do at all... better to read all and get an understanding that helps if you have an issue...

I personally use ROM Toolbox for changing governors and other tweeking... and Root Explorer for finding and editing files... I know there are others out there and you will find reference to many of them on this forum as people post about their experince with this ROM and the tools they have used with it...

Hope this helps...

Thanks for the response. Before I go on a wild goose chase since my time is limited at work, when you refer to "reading back on this forum", Do you mean this thread in general or another section of the forum?

I do enjoy both learning and tweaking and thanks to for the kind response. I was hoping not to get flamed because I figured the answer was obvious somewhere and I do know there are various "Apps" that do or do not work with given Android versions, thus why I asked hoping for a simple answer and you have given me a start :)

#993 dcrazy

dcrazy

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 06:56 AM

Thank you for the response , I downloaded system panel lite, inside there it seems like nothing is running! the cpu is around 3-6 %, And the weird thing is that while I uses the app i lost more then 3% of battery! I have no idea whats wrong, and I have a lot of experience around android! and this is the first time having this problem!
maybe it have something to do with the fact i'm using a gsm patch? Can someone that using a gsm patch with this rom, can write here if he have this problem as well.

#994 Torin_93

Torin_93

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 07:03 AM

What version of CPU Sleeper is everyone using? Cause I bought it and its V3.7 and doesnt seem to work lately. The CPU sleeper built into the rom is 3.2 I believe. Anybody else notice a difference in the two on whether or not they work?

#995 extirpate

extirpate

Just flash it..

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts
  • LocationSacramento, Ca

Posted 24 September 2012 - 07:06 AM

Lol, stock with it Is 1.9 I think. That's what I'm on, no updates done.

Posted Image

#996 lazer

lazer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 287 posts
  • LocationWestern PA

Posted 24 September 2012 - 07:24 AM

Hope this helps...

Sorry to re-quote but another big thanks. I went ahead and searched this thread and found this:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I made the test file a .bak and rebooted and now running @ 1350 so will test a bit. Seems all well. SetCPU changed and reports as such so does the CPU control in settings:

Max Clock: 1350
Min: 300
Governor: hotplugx
I/O Scheduler: sio

Apply on boot: Checked

Hopefully I've done what I need.

Now to research this "CPU Sleeper" discussion a bit. :)

#997 nightwatcher

nightwatcher

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 07:42 AM

Sorry to re-quote but another big thanks. I went ahead and searched this thread and found this:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I made the test file a .bak and rebooted and now running @ 1350 so will test a bit. Seems all well. SetCPU changed and reports as such so does the CPU control in settings:

Max Clock: 1350
Min: 300
Governor: hotplugx
I/O Scheduler: sio

Apply on boot: Checked

Hopefully I've done what I need.

Now to research this "CPU Sleeper" discussion a bit. :)

Exactly the right thing... sorry took so long to respond.. at work and only get a chance to follow-up when things are slow... glad it helped... if you look athte bottom of that file you will find a line that has the govenor on it... if you change the name there it will load on its own and not have to have the program load it later.... just a thought.. not sure how much of a difference it makes... but I have been running that way for a bit now...

I freeze cpu sleeper and let hotplugx do the work... read on a couple forums that the governor does a more efficient job of disabling than the extra program does... have not done a detailed comparison... just figure why have an extra app running if not necessary...

#998 lazer

lazer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 287 posts
  • LocationWestern PA

Posted 24 September 2012 - 07:44 AM

Exactly the right thing... sorry took so long to respond.. at work and only get a chance to follow-up when things are slow... glad it helped... if you look athte bottom of that file you will find a line that has the govenor on it... if you change the name there it will load on its own and not have to have the program load it later.... just a thought.. not sure how much of a difference it makes... but I have been running that way for a bit now...

I freeze cpu sleeper and let hotplugx do the work... read on a couple forums that the governor does a more efficient job of disabling than the extra program does... have not done a detailed comparison... just figure why have an extra app running if not necessary...

Thanks for that suggestion. Will do that now via TIBU. For now I just made that test file a .bac extension. I'll consider investigating what else you wrote after I see how things settle in with this setup. Many Thanks! :)

#999 nightwatcher

nightwatcher

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 07:45 AM

Thank you for the response , I downloaded system panel lite, inside there it seems like nothing is running! the cpu is around 3-6 %, And the weird thing is that while I uses the app i lost more then 3% of battery! I have no idea whats wrong, and I have a lot of experience around android! and this is the first time having this problem!
maybe it have something to do with the fact i'm using a gsm patch? Can someone that using a gsm patch with this rom, can write here if he have this problem as well.

I know you are not going to want to hear this.. but is it possible you have a bad battery in your phone... have seen some posts on other forums that talk about bad battery life and getting the phone replaced and/or having the battery replaced if you are willing to do yourself... I guess the question is how was the battery life on the original rom....

#1000 extirpate

extirpate

Just flash it..

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts
  • LocationSacramento, Ca

Posted 24 September 2012 - 07:52 AM

Batteries go bad.. it happens. Do you have the mobile network set to LTE instead of global? People say that's having a large effect on battery. Idk otherwise. :-(

Posted Image

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook (1)