1609 replies to this topic

#1001 lazer

lazer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 287 posts
  • LocationWestern PA

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:08 AM

Possibly offtopic but assistance requested if possible.

Does anyone know what this update is about? 114 - I think it has something to do with go-launcher or go-sms but not sure. Everytime I go ahead and select it, it says "update failed" or something of the sorts... :wacko: :ph34r:

Posted Image

#1002 extirpate

extirpate

Just flash it..

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts
  • LocationSacramento, Ca
  • Current Device(s):Dr. Device

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:15 AM

Not 100% sure what is referencing but definitely part GOlaunch.. That clover is a dead give away. Try and disable the sms add-on and see what happens.

Posted from DroidRazrMaxx using Tapatalk²
Posted Image

#1003 lazer

lazer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 287 posts
  • LocationWestern PA

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:22 AM

Not 100% sure what is referencing but definitely part GOlaunch.. That clover is a dead give away. Try and disable the sms add-on and see what happens.

Can't find what setting to do that in. Assuming you mean Go-SMS or Go-Launcher... Hrmmmm (driving me nuts) lol! :lol:

#1004 extirpate

extirpate

Just flash it..

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts
  • LocationSacramento, Ca

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:25 AM

Can't find what setting to do that in. Assuming you mean Go-SMS or Go-Launcher... Hrmmmm (driving me nuts) lol!

Yea in golauncher. It's been so long since I've used it I honestly don't remember where but there should be a way to disable gosms for a bit. Maybe try market and uninstall from the there?

Posted Image

#1005 lazer

lazer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 287 posts
  • LocationWestern PA

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:29 AM

Yea in golauncher. It's been so long since I've used it I honestly don't remember where but there should be a way to disable gosms for a bit. Maybe try market and uninstall from the there?

But Go SMS is a seperate progam is what I meant and I like using it. I couldn't find any setting in Go-Launcher that referenced it. :mellow:

#1006 extirpate

extirpate

Just flash it..

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts
  • LocationSacramento, Ca

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:43 AM

You've gotta isolate the issue tho. We already know it's something with the launcher. Start by disabling GO add ons. If doing so clears the error, then you know what's causing the issue. From there, try clearing the stopping the app and clearing data. That should clear it up. If not, we can go from there. I understand you like it but these steps are necessary unless you wanna just deal with it. Maybe try putting the error in Google and see what you get. Idk about you, but Google is my best friend.

Maybe I'm thinking of a different launcher? I thought there were add-ons in GOlaunch and gosms was one. Sorry. Add I said, haven't used it in awhile.

Posted Image

#1007 lazer

lazer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 287 posts
  • LocationWestern PA

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:45 AM

You've gotta isolate the issue tho. We already know it's something with the launcher. Start by disabling GO add ons. If doing so clears the error, then you know what's causing the issue. From there, try clearing the stopping the app and clearing data. That should clear it up. If not, we can go from there. I understand you like it but these steps are necessary unless you wanna just deal with it. Maybe try putting the error in Google and see what you get. Idk about you, but Google is my best friend. :D

I know what you're saying and I did try to google quite extensively with no results... :( Guess I will end up disabling "Go SMS" ,,, grrrrrr) I understand where your coming from ;)

#1008 extirpate

extirpate

Just flash it..

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts
  • LocationSacramento, Ca

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:48 AM

When in doubt..... factory reset! :P

Posted Image

#1009 bradenfontaine

bradenfontaine

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Google+:bradenfontaine@gmail.com
  • LocationSouth Carolina
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 24 September 2012 - 09:35 AM

Plugged this ROM over at Android Central, with links back to this forum, just FYI

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#1010 Nubia1

Nubia1

JUST A COOL OLD GUY WHO LIKES ANDROID

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts
  • LocationCincinnati,Ohio
  • Current Device(s):DROID RAZR MAXX HD/ OG RAZR MAXX

Posted 24 September 2012 - 09:39 AM

Batteries go bad.. it happens. Do you have the mobile network set to LTE instead of global? People say that's having a large effect on battery. Idk otherwise. :-(

should this be set on global or lte? mine is set on global.... just wondering if im set up properly

#1011 lazer

lazer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 287 posts
  • LocationWestern PA

Posted 24 September 2012 - 09:46 AM

When in doubt..... factory reset! :P

Thanks but I don't think that's required in this situation. It is likely a G0- issue and I can troubleshoot selectively as mentioned.

#1012 ibolski

ibolski

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • Twitter:iBolski
  • Google+:Ivan Samuelson
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio
  • Current Device(s):Samsung Galaxy S7

Posted 24 September 2012 - 10:45 AM

I've been itching to flash a new ROM for a few months as I've stuck with Eclipse ICS 1.2 which has been REAL stable for me. But, reading up on this, I decided to try it.

All I've got to say is Bravo! I have found a new favorite ROM. I've been running it for a few hours and so far, it seems pretty smooth.

Thanks again for all the hard work you guys do!

Excellent release!

VZW Samsung Galaxy S7 Stock and unrooted running Marshmallow 46A, 32gb Nexus 7 unlocked
2cqd4t2.png

#1013 dcrazy

dcrazy

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:57 AM

I know you are not going to want to hear this.. but is it possible you have a bad battery in your phone... have seen some posts on other forums that talk about bad battery life and getting the phone replaced and/or having the battery replaced if you are willing to do yourself... I guess the question is how was the battery life on the original rom....

Actually I'm with gsm razr, and I already switched my phone because it got broken! they gave me a new one! And the battery on stock rom lasted for 15, 16 hours, but with this rom, at the time I'm writing sms the battery go down by 3,4%.... and this is the first costum rom I'm trying, I need to check a few more roms to decide if it really a bad battery! thanks for your help :)

#1014 Pike

Pike

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 12:06 PM

Hi Guys,
I am going a little bit crazy over here.. I switched to this ROM a few days ago from Eclipse and I am loving it.. however as soon as my first reboot and sync with GMAIL I started getting the stupid 6250 text messages from Verizon. I read the article from Droid life, I removed Back Up Assistance plus from my account via VZW, I also asked the tech support to shut it off.. It's still happening.. I really want to keep this ROM but the txts are annoying..

Has anyone else experienced this? Anyone have a suggestion on making it stop (please dont post a link to the droidlife article, I already followed those steps).

Regards.
Pike

#1015 newskate9

newskate9

Older Than You

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • LocationCentral PA
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD, Razr Maxx, Nexus 7

Posted 24 September 2012 - 12:36 PM

Hi Guys,
I am going a little bit crazy over here.. I switched to this ROM a few days ago from Eclipse and I am loving it.. however as soon as my first reboot and sync with GMAIL I started getting the stupid 6250 text messages from Verizon. I read the article from Droid life, I removed Back Up Assistance plus from my account via VZW, I also asked the tech support to shut it off.. It's still happening.. I really want to keep this ROM but the txts are annoying..

Has anyone else experienced this? Anyone have a suggestion on making it stop (please dont post a link to the droidlife article, I already followed those steps).

Regards.
Pike

Funny, I got this going TO eclipse! This is what worked for me: Log onto your Verizon account. Go to YOUR phone. Click on CHANGE FEATURES below it. In the next window SCROLL ALL THE WAY TO THE BOTTOM, turning OFF every back up feature. There are a few of them!!!!

NEXT, go all the way down and hit next to advance to the next screen. THIS is a MUST as it LOCKS in your choices. I used to forget this step. THEN you have to confirm again. Be sure you complete ALL of the steps.

I think this should do it. You may get an email saying your features changed - ignore that.

Be sure you don't turn off things you really want!

Good luck.

Proud father of a US Marine

#1016 Shinare

Shinare

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 12:45 PM

Re; gps. I'm on DROID HD NON SOFT KEYS over .215. Maps finds me instantly right down to what part of my house I'm in... No config file mods...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Haha you're on the toilet!!! :-)

#1017 extirpate

extirpate

Just flash it..

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts
  • LocationSacramento, Ca

Posted 24 September 2012 - 12:47 PM

Good thing I'm here. Lol jk. I work for Verizon tech support. :). You just need to remove the backup assistance plus feature. :D

• RenaLyon likes this
Posted Image

#1018 Guest_theBanders_*

Guest_theBanders_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 September 2012 - 02:09 PM

Good thing I'm here. Lol jk. I work for Verizon tech support. . You just need to remove the backup assistance plus feature.

A real live Verizon employee! Oh the things you must have heard in your hours helping customers! Lol
  • RenaLyon likes this

#1019 extirpate

extirpate

Just flash it..

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts
  • LocationSacramento, Ca

Posted 24 September 2012 - 02:38 PM

A real live Verizon employee! Oh the things you must have heard in your hours helping customers! Lol

Years.

Posted Image

#1020 bfederspill

bfederspill

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts
  • LocationRoy, Utah
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 24 September 2012 - 05:33 PM

My location on the weather circle widget shows me in a different town 20 miles away. I have my location set on the phone but it still shows me in another town. Anybody else having this problem on the weather circle? Other than that, I am loving this rom.
Thanks for any help.

Sent from my Razr Maxx

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users