1609 replies to this topic

#1121 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:58 PM

first off i have to say the rom is runnin smooth as can be. however i've been getting an error sayin the package isn't properly signed while trying to update the youtube app. i've tried manually removing it & installing clean from the market but that gives another error. for now i've disabled auto update for it but thats not a solution, just a temp fix. anyone able to point me in the right direction as to how to correct this?

I know there is a solution posted earlier in the thread.... but here was my solution.... copy the zip to your computer.... in zip..... look in system/app... delete the app.... re zip.... copy back to external sdcard.... and flash it again following the original instructions.... once its up and running .... go to play store and really download the app.... I've had no issues from the apps since then....:-)

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

#1122 nsaechao

nsaechao

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:34 PM

I would just go to system /app and delete the app you want to update gmail, Street, youtube .. ... Reboot to ss wipe cache and dalvik.. Reboot go to market and download the latest version

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#1123 papanut

papanut

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:49 PM

I would just go to system /app and delete the app you want to update gmail, Street, youtube .. ... Reboot to ss wipe cache and dalvik.. Reboot go to market and download the latest version

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I noticed one app I had to delete 2 files to get it to update...

#1124 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:52 PM

I noticed one app I had to delete 2 files to get it to update...

YouTube and the YouTube authenticator.....

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

#1125 piccit

piccit

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Current Device(s):Razr M

Posted 03 October 2012 - 02:06 AM

You don't need to wipe cache and dalvik. Just delete the apk and reboot.

It's probably worth doing it for gmail and chrome too, as the versions baked-in are not up to date either (tho the market doesn't automatically detect them for auto-updating)

#1126 imhowie

imhowie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis, IN

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:12 AM

first off i have to say the rom is runnin smooth as can be. however i've been getting an error sayin the package isn't properly signed while trying to update the youtube app. i've tried manually removing it & installing clean from the market but that gives another error. for now i've disabled auto update for it but thats not a solution, just a temp fix. anyone able to point me in the right direction as to how to correct this?

I used "Root Uninstaller" to uninstall the Youtube app. That will get rid of everything involved with it and then downloaded it from the Play Store.

#1127 nsaechao

nsaechao

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:44 AM

true you don't have to wipe...just me... I just feel like Im doing a clean install.

#1128 ArtieTheOneManParty

ArtieTheOneManParty

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:12 AM

Newbie here, I just rooted and flashed for the first time to Arctic HD. I'm trying to get my work calendar to sync, along with my google calendars. I have my corporate sync account all set up, but in the calendar app, I can't select it anywhere to display (I use business calendar for display).

#1129 graydragon2

graydragon2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:10 AM

Anyone have a problem with root permissions with this ROM. I had a couple apps that need root access and it gives me an error that there is a problem with root access but if I run root checker it says everything is fine. Any ideas on what could cause this.

#1130 jbag1489

jbag1489

Themer

• Superuser
  • 167 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:50 AM

Anyone have a problem with root permissions with this ROM. I had a couple apps that need root access and it gives me an error that there is a problem with root access but if I run root checker it says everything is fine. Any ideas on what could cause this.

I'm not on this ROM still, but I never had any issues. I wonder if hooking it up to matts utility and rooting again would work

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

#1131 graydragon2

graydragon2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:55 AM

I changed back to a previous ROM myself but this is the only one i've had this problem on.

#1132 nsaechao

nsaechao

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:19 PM

did you try using the su update fixer ( market ) -- run and check su if its binary is updated

#1133 kevin.slawinski

kevin.slawinski

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx, Verizon

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:05 PM

New guy here...I'm having trouble flashing the ROM to my phone. I've done every step as it should have been (SafeStrap enabled, backup, wipe data/cache/dalvik, format system) and then when I get to installing the .zip from the external SD, it loads and installs with no errors. I go to restart the phone for the first time with Arctic HD and I just get a black screen. I've read that it takes 10-15 minutes the first time to boot, but I've done it multiple times, waiting probably ~30 minutes, and nothing happens. I've also redownloaded the .zip and checked the md5 to make sure the dl was okay, which it was.

I feel stupid that I can't figure it out haha. :P

Any help?

#1134 graydragon2

graydragon2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:20 PM

Yep updated Su and busybox and neither helped it.

#1135 papanut

papanut

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:46 PM

Yep updated Su and busybox and neither helped it.

I was having issues with both superuser and SuperSU. I ended up downloading the zip from here:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

and was able to update binary etc and got it working right.

One thing I did notice was that if I selected to automatically grant privileges in su instead of prompt it didn't work right, when I selected automatically grant it denied...

#1136 deejay1111

deejay1111

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:25 PM

New guy here...I'm having trouble flashing the ROM to my phone. I've done every step as it should have been (SafeStrap enabled, backup, wipe data/cache/dalvik, format system) and then when I get to installing the .zip from the external SD, it loads and installs with no errors. I go to restart the phone for the first time with Arctic HD and I just get a black screen. I've read that it takes 10-15 minutes the first time to boot, but I've done it multiple times, waiting probably ~30 minutes, and nothing happens. I've also redownloaded the .zip and checked the md5 to make sure the dl was okay, which it was.

I feel stupid that I can't figure it out haha. :P

Any help?

Does it boot into safestrap first, before you get the black screen? You might try wiping cache again, then restart.

#1137 kevin.slawinski

kevin.slawinski

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:25 PM

Does it boot into safestrap first, before you get the black screen? You might try wiping cache again, then restart.

It does boot into safestrap first, and when I let it boot into normal mode, it gets nowhere, just a blank black screen. I re-wiped/formatted everything, and cleared cache after installing the ROM but no luck :( I also made sure SU binaries were up to date (version 3.1.1 I believe).

#1138 jbag1489

jbag1489

Themer

• Superuser
  • 167 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:02 PM

It does boot into safestrap first, and when I let it boot into normal mode, it gets nowhere, just a blank black screen. I re-wiped/formatted everything, and cleared cache after installing the ROM but no luck I also made sure SU binaries were up to date (version 3.1.1 I believe).

Have you tried a different rom by any chance? Just wondering if this is the only one acting up for you

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

#1139 kevin.slawinski

kevin.slawinski

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:05 PM

Have you tried a different rom by any chance? Just wondering if this is the only one acting up for you Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

I haven't tried another one yet, but one thing I did notice is that the safestrap I had installed was for the XT910, not the XT912 (what I have). I'm about to uninstall ss, and install the version for the XT912 and see if that makes a difference, then report back.

#1140 kevin.slawinski

kevin.slawinski

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:27 PM

I haven't tried another one yet, but one thing I did notice is that the safestrap I had installed was for the XT910, not the XT912 (what I have). I'm about to uninstall ss, and install the version for the XT912 and see if that makes a difference, then report back.

What I mentioned above was the exact problem. SafeStrap XT910 was loaded on my device (XT912), and was preventing it from loading the ROM. After installing SafeStrap for the XT912, it worked first try.

Took me a while to find the download link for SS XT912, so if anyone is looking for it, here you go.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users