• Please log in to reply
1609 replies to this topic

#1141 edge317

edge317

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:39 AM

What I mentioned above was the exact problem. SafeStrap XT910 was loaded on my device (XT912), and was preventing it from loading the ROM. After installing SafeStrap for the XT912, it worked first try.

Took me a while to find the download link for SS XT912, so if anyone is looking for it, here you go.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Yep that will do it everytime lol. Pay attention to that and NEVER do that again. YOU have a XT912! If u make that mistake when loading a rom made for XT910 you will brick your phone. :P

#1142 kevin.slawinski

kevin.slawinski

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx, Verizon

Posted 04 October 2012 - 04:54 AM

Yep that will do it everytime lol. Pay attention to that and NEVER do that again. YOU have a XT912! If u make that mistake when loading a rom made for XT910 you will brick your phone. :P

Yeah I'm pretty sure the only reason my phone ISN'T bricked right now is because of safe strap. I'll be paying attention to that now.

#1143 edge317

edge317

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:31 AM

Yeah I'm pretty sure the only reason my phone ISN'T bricked right now is because of safe strap. I'll be paying attention to that now.

Well if your not familiar with matt's DROID RAZR utility i suggest u check it out. That can fastboot u back to stock for most soft brick situations.

#1144 kevin.slawinski

kevin.slawinski

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx, Verizon

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:45 AM

Well if your not familiar with matt's DROID RAZR utility i suggest u check it out. That can fastboot u back to stock for most soft brick situations.

Yeah, I am familiar. I've used it in the past for flashing one of the leaked updates. This time I was able to recover to a backup of the stock rom, directly from safe strap.

Thanks for the tips guys. :)

#1145 justinkurey

justinkurey

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:38 AM

This might be a stupid question but I've rooted my phone and flashed almost all of the custom ROMS available on the droid razr maxx and i was just wondering if there is any method of returning the device to stock .211 such as using Matt's 1.81 utility that will allow me to get OTA updates? Basically in a nut shell i'm asking that when i return my device to stock .211 using the utility will i get OTA's?

#1146 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:41 AM

This might be a stupid question but I've rooted my phone and flashed almost all of the custom ROMS available on the droid razr maxx and i was just wondering if there is any method of returning the device to stock .211 such as using Matt's 1.81 utility that will allow me to get OTA updates? Basically in a nut shell i'm asking that when i return my device to stock .211 using the utility will i get OTA's?

not a stupid question .... but yes once you use the utility to go back to stock (option 1) then you CAN receive OTA updates....
  • justinkurey likes this

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

#1147 justinkurey

justinkurey

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:43 AM

is .211 the most recent OTA pushed to the razr? or don't ya know.

#1148 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:46 AM

is .211 the most recent OTA pushed to the razr? or don't ya know.

yes ....as far as I know... :-)

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

#1149 abiter

abiter

n00b

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Current Device(s):droid razr maxx

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:02 AM

Hello all...
I have been using this ROM for approximately 2 months and love it. I have a single question...the phone voice. when I get a call and it's someone that I don't have entered into my contacts it tells me the number ...ie 8 million 5 hundred thousand etc etc...Is there any way to fix this ?????

#1150 smeekteek

smeekteek

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx HD

Posted 04 October 2012 - 12:40 PM

Hello all...
I have been using this ROM for approximately 2 months and love it. I have a single question...the phone voice. when I get a call and it's someone that I don't have entered into my contacts it tells me the number ...ie 8 million 5 hundred thousand etc etc...Is there any way to fix this ?????

+1...a very small +1. Love the Rom. Thanks.

#1151 jahciple

jahciple

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:51 PM

Any ideas why when taking a photo and clicking on the photo preview, I get Media Gallery not installed?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#1152 extirpate

extirpate

Just flash it..

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts
  • LocationSacramento, Ca
  • Current Device(s):Dr. Device

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:06 PM

Hello all...

Sent from my XT912Maxx using Tapatalk²

Attached Files

Posted Image

#1153 littlebigarm

littlebigarm

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationNorth Dakota
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:26 AM

ok been running this rom and the avalanche theme for a little while now, but im trying to install some apps and its telling me insufficient storage. i have 2.40 gb available for apps and 5.46 internal and 11.96 for external. any suggestions?

#1154 kyh

kyh

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:43 AM

Flashed it yesterday. Everything looks good, excepte one minor problem. I can't update youtube. I tried to update it, but got the error message "Package file was not signed correctly. Uninstall the previous copy of the app and try again."

#1155 Oaklands

Oaklands

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:02 PM

Flashed it yesterday. Everything looks good, excepte one minor problem. I can't update youtube. I tried to update it, but got the error message "Package file was not signed correctly. Uninstall the previous copy of the app and try again."

Do search in this thread. Covered a few times.

Rockin' it with my Maxx, iKream and T-Talk
  • kyh likes this

#1156 kyh

kyh

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:12 PM

Do search in this thread. Covered a few times.

Rockin' it with my Maxx, iKream and T-Talk

Thanks, I got it.

#1157 Oaklands

Oaklands

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 01:52 PM

Thanks, I got it.

Great. On tapatalk right now and links are a pain.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk 2

#1158 Mace68

Mace68

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Twitter:Mace22968
  • Google+:Mace68@Gmail.com

Posted 06 October 2012 - 09:58 PM

ok been running this rom and the avalanche theme for a little while now, but im trying to install some apps and its telling me insufficient storage. i have 2.40 gb available for apps and 5.46 internal and 11.96 for external. any suggestions?

That hasn't happened to me in a very long time. Off the top of my head I think I solved it by clearing data and cache from the Play Store in the its app properties, rebooting and trying again. I wish I could remember for sure but it's worth a try.

#1159 rwil85

rwil85

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 05:49 PM

Are going to get any more updates here or has everyone pretty much jumped to the JB stuff?

Also, does anyone know if Matt is working on or will be working on any JB roms?

#1160 nusker

nusker

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:41 PM

When installinh the update do you have to factory data reset again?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users