1609 replies to this topic

#1521 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:12 PM

I unbricked it. The instructions by the maker did not disclose *(or maybe I didn't read carefully enough) that you have to install your desired ROM into one of the slots.

So I made a 1GB partition and loaded Arctic 1.0 latest build into the new slot, and then made that the default boot ROM, and got everything back.

But I'm still confused even now why your control panel settings, like checking the update, force closes. Meaning I can't verify that it is indeed version 1.0 but I see the song music is gone from booting so I assume it is.

Now, am I to understand I can create another 1 GB slot, if I wish, and try another ROM by carrying out the same process, after first wiping Cache and so on...?

Thanks again!

Gary

Yes you can boot into safestrap... create another rom slot... install another rom.... its kinda cool actually :) especially since we have a multitude of great roms to choose from :)

Not sure about your FC issues.... i have not updated to the latest version yet :)

sent from my DROID RAZR tapadriving ...

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

#1522 willmiii

willmiii

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:24 PM

I had a disaster upgrading to SS3.05 it bricked my phone...

SS3 sent me into a boot loop. I downloaded the right one for my phone. Someone I managed to unbrick my phone via stock recovery not needing my PC which was fantastic due to the fact that this all happened at work. I put SS2 back on my phone and restored my arctic HD backup prior to the update and will be leaving it that way. The automatic updates for Gapps sounds great but the headache that I always seem to end up with when messing with SS is not worth it. After all, the ROM works perfectly as is so guess my phone was trying to tell me to leave it alone :D

#1523 gr8popp

gr8popp

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationPortland Oregon

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:49 PM

SS3 sent me into a boot loop. I downloaded the right one for my phone. Someone I managed to unbrick my phone via stock recovery not needing my PC which was fantastic due to the fact that this all happened at work. I put SS2 back on my phone and restored my arctic HD backup prior to the update and will be leaving it that way. The automatic updates for Gapps sounds great but the headache that I always seem to end up with when messing with SS is not worth it. After all, the ROM works perfectly as is so guess my phone was trying to tell me to leave it alone :D

No offense, but your doing something wrong. Unfortunately its mostly trial and error. I managed to get ss3 and its worth the effort. You can explore other ROMs and keep up to 4. From what I've been seeing, Arctic is one of the best.

#1524 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:04 PM

SS3 sent me into a boot loop. I downloaded the right one for my phone. Someone I managed to unbrick my phone via stock recovery not needing my PC which was fantastic due to the fact that this all happened at work. I put SS2 back on my phone and restored my arctic HD backup prior to the update and will be leaving it that way. The automatic updates for Gapps sounds great but the headache that I always seem to end up with when messing with SS is not worth it. After all, the ROM works perfectly as is so guess my phone was trying to tell me to leave it alone

Well they say... if you dont bootloop or brick your phone at least once, your not doing something right.... LOL.... jk ... seriously tho.... it may seem intimidating to change major things with the phone e.g. recovery, flashing roms, etc and it is a bit discouraging when something undesirable happens but..... its a game of trial and error.... read and re-read posts, instructions, how to's and such..... in the end, its all about what you want to get out of your phone and how confident you are in your ability to accomplish these things..... :)
I would say..... try it again(if you so desire) since you now know how to get out of a bootloop situation :) ..... have fun with it.... :) and dont listen to your phone if it tells you to leave it alone LOL

sent from my DROID RAZR tapadriving ...

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

#1525 willmiii

willmiii

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:05 PM

No offense, but your doing something wrong. Unfortunately its mostly trial and error. I managed to get ss3 and its worth the effort. You can explore other ROMs and keep up to 4. From what I've been seeing, Arctic is one of the best.

No offense taken. For whatever given reason I always seem to have trouble when upgrading safe strap. But I am one who likes stable ROMs and arctic is just that ROM for me.

#1526 jesusrocksyfaceoff

jesusrocksyfaceoff

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:43 PM

I followed the directions, and it kept locking up on boot. I was able to disable and get it to restore to the previous root. Any ideas on how I can get this to work?

#1527 gunner

gunner

n00b

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:34 PM

I have been on the Artic HD ROM for a couple of weeks now and everything has been working great, it's a terrific rom! Today, decided to install the OTA update and just finished. Here's what I went through:

1. Decided to upgrade to Safestrap Recovery (v.3). I think I"m fairly thorough (kinda of anal) BUT I completely missed that SS3 must be installed on the Stock, non-safe side. This created a mess for me, I eventually resolved by just starting over using Matt's Utility 1.82 which sure makes screw ups easy to fix.
2. Once SS3 is installed (properly), it's great. In SS3, I backed up the stock rom and then created a rom slot and installed Artic_HD_0.10.zip. All that went well.
3. After 2nd reboot I let everything settle and then downloaded the OTA update, went back into SS3, wiped cache/dalvik and installed OTA download. Rebooted again and started set up. Could not get Gmail nor Play Store to work.
5. Wiped cache/dalvik rebooted and still could not get them to work. Decided just to reinstall, so back into SS3.
6. This time I did a factory reset, wiped cache, dalvik cache and then installed the OTA download.

Everything is up and running now with no problems. Life is Good! :D
  • johnthehillbilly likes this

#1528 gr8popp

gr8popp

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:52 PM

^^^ I did the exact same thing.^^^

#1529 beerman1373

beerman1373

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Current Device(s):Razr Mazz

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:33 AM

Anyone else see the 1.00 Update still available or download in OTA Updater even after updating 1.00?

#1530 rickw

rickw

corvette dude

• Administrator
  • 1,951 posts
  • Google+:rickwebb001@gmail.com
  • LocationDelaware
  • Current Device(s):S4 dev edition,moto x dev,Nexus 6

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:02 AM

No offense taken. For whatever given reason I always seem to have trouble when upgrading safe strap. But I am one who likes stable ROMs and arctic is just that ROM for me.

remember when upgrading ss you have to uninstall old recovery first,then remove app before installing ss 3.05,just installing new over old will not work

#1531 gr8popp

gr8popp

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:37 AM

Anyone else see the 1.00 Update still available or download in OTA Updater even after updating 1.00?

When you install the update are you updating through Safestrap?

#1532 beerman1373

beerman1373

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Current Device(s):Razr Mazz

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:32 AM

When you install the update are you updating through Safestrap?

I am using the OTA update option available in the Rom. This seems to download the Rom and then boot to safestrap and then Install.

#1533 gr8popp

gr8popp

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:53 AM

After you download the update a box will pop up and ask you to install....DO NOT INSTALL. Power the phone off reboot into ss wipe cache, dalvik, and factory reset. Go to install use internal storage, select folder ss, OTA-Updater, download, acrtic-hd_1.00.zip.

#1534 txkssnapper

txkssnapper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR MAXX HD, tf300t

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:12 PM

After you download the update a box will pop up and ask you to install....DO NOT INSTALL. Power the phone off reboot into ss wipe cache, dalvik, and factory reset. Go to install use internal storage, select folder ss, OTA-Updater, download, acrtic-hd_1.00.zip.

I believe, if you're using SS3 then you should be able to click install and it will reboot and install.

#1535 androidlearner

androidlearner

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 904 posts
  • LocationPeoria, AZ

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:24 PM

I believe, if you're using SS3 then you should be able to click install and it will reboot and install.

This is not true. That option will not work with any version of Safestrap.

Sent from Razr Maxx running ArcticHD

#1536 ZKK007

ZKK007

That Kiwi Guy

• Developer
  • 1,687 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX, USA.
  • Current Device(s):XT912, XT907

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:07 PM

Just wanted to let everyone know the the Pink Floyd theme for Arctic HD is up! Get it here:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

bWyLE9l.jpg

Donate? Click on signature :)

#1537 gunner

gunner

n00b

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:49 PM

Yesterday I updated via the OTA update and all of that went fine. I just saw beerman1373 post from earlier today regarding, and I'm paraphrasing, "still seeing the 1.00 Update being available even after updating 1.00?" So I thought I would check but when I went into Settings and hit Check for Update I got the following, "Unfortunately, Settings has stopped". Everything else seems to be working fine. Any ideas?
  • mhotovec likes this

#1538 jesusrocksyfaceoff

jesusrocksyfaceoff

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:31 AM

Is the "Rom Slot" portion a necessary step for SS2.11? If so, where is it at in the menus? This is the only thing I can think of as to why my Razr locks up during boot after installing arctic HD.

#1539 mvp4him3

mvp4him3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 231 posts
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 7, RazR MAXX

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:53 AM

Does everything work on this?
Posted Image

#1540 gr8popp

gr8popp

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 08:26 AM

Does everything work on this?

I guess that depends on who you ask. Everything works for me.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users